Yesterday EA SPORTS released the most wanted thing of the summer by releasing the NHL 20 Open Beta. As always, there had been a lot of talk and rumours around the web on whether it would come out or not, but it eventually did and the first impressions around the community - especially after having been presented with a list of improvements since the beta - have been cautiously positive. The tuning to the left trigger, the new animations to the goalies and the revamped shooting especially around the 6vs6 game mode has been mostly received well. But it's still early on and we've barely scratched the surface. This is of course a beta and a lot of improvements are still to be made. As one of the biggest NHL gaming sites in the world - not to mention the amazing talent and passion of our community members - we want to help out.
So here's the deal: We want to hear what you guys think, so we can forward it to the producers and developers at EA SPORTS in a well structured and articulated way. We hope you take some time and write about your experiences (both the good and the bad) and possible issues and solutions that you have run into and hopefully this will help us all get the greatest NHL version yet! In the case of reporting bugs, we also hope that you include screenshots or short video clips to explain them better. Even if someone else already posted the same bug - it might be worth getting a 2nd or 3rd example of it and perhaps from another angle.
Please note that the official EA Answers HQ forum is also live and taking feedback and that is the official way of providing feedback of the beta. You can find it by clicking this text.
We here at NHLGamer want to discuss these things as a group and compile the feedback and bugs to the developers in an easy to chew form. You may write your feedback in any format you want, but we have included the below structure, edited from last years version.
- NHL Ones
- NHL THREES Drop-In (Arcade Threes)
- EASHL Drop-Ins (Please specify if it is in 3s/6s/both)
- EASHL Club 3s
- EASHL Club 6s
- AI skaters in World of Chel (specify mode + how many AI)
- AI goalies in World of Chel (specify mode)
- AI goalies in EASHL (specify if in 3s/6s)
- Customization: Player Classes + Traits/Specializations
- Customization: Gear (Casual + Pro gear + Gear Bags)
- Other World of Chel related feedback
- Online Vs.
- AI Skaters in Online Vs.
- AI Goalies in Online Vs.
- Hitting (Collision Physics)
- Offensive Play (i.e. how did it feel to play offense? How easy was it? Was there a skill gap? Were there limitations?)
- Defensive Play (i.e. how did it feel to play defense? How easy was it? Was there a skill gap? Were there limitations?)
- Human Goalies in EASHL
- The new presentation and scoreboard (if you're having problems with it, let us know if you did the configuration properly when starting the beta for the first time)
- Other (anything not covered here)
We would prefer your thoughts in English, as it will make the process quicker and make for a better discussion here in the community, as all can participate. However, we know there are those who can express themselves better in their maternal language, so for this purpose, we have made this topic discussable in some more languages in their specific topics: