Today, the 30th of January, EA SPORTS has released the fourth update for NHL 20.
Based on the list of changes, there are quite a few fixes that the community has been asking for. The biggest change is most likely the tweak regarding how players will experience pickups from now on, with a greater emphasis being placed on players properly facing the puck to boost the chances of picking up passes. We should also not see those superhuman behind-the-back one-handed no-look interceptions from the opposing team. Additionally, defensive awareness has seen a buff, with balance whilst back skating being nerfed slightly.
An important fix comes to the Xbox, as the goalie puck covering issue should now be resolved. Previously you might experience the goalie unable to cover the puck, turning into a poke check-fest in front of your net, eventually leading to the puck trickling in. This hasn't been much of an issue on the PS4, but Xbox players will be happy to get rid of this inconvenience as well.
Last but not least, we'll mention the ability to skip the Play of the Period replays. Think of all those saved seconds adding up throughout the rest of your games of NHL 20!
For the full changelog, please see below.
- Fixed a rare case where the puck could stop dead when passed or shot around the boards
- Various interception logic tuning
- Reduced player ability for pickups outside skaters field of view (1 hand behind the back pickups) so they do not play as often and as unrealistically fast
- Defensive awareness attribute made more effective and tuned the windows in which players can intercept pucks within their field of view
- Improved player head tracking of the puck
- Players tuned to have less balance/preparedness when pivoting or backskating with the puck
- Fixed the issue where holding pass would negate spins from working which opened up holes in skating blends
- Fixed an issue where slapshots in the defensive end would target your own net instead of the left stick direction
- Further improvements to covers for pucks underneath the goaltender
- Fixed a case where the goalie would continuously lose the puck when performing a between the legs cover
- Fixed a few cases where the puck was able to slip past the goalie unintentionally while they were tight to the post
- Increased the amount of stick contact on legs/skates needed to cause a trip
- Added additional commentary
- Added consensus skip to Play of the Period replays
World of CHEL
- Turned off Canal outdoor rink from EASHL Drop-in 3v3 and 6v6
- Fixed an issue where top clubs in Threes Eliminator stopped receiving points when near the top of the leaderboards
- New content added to World of CHEL which is to be revealed through the Chel Challenge card. Tune in regularly to see what exciting new stuff you can earn
Art – Equipment
- True Dynamic 9 Pro Helmet
- Fixed an issue where Users would sometimes crash playing against certain Squad Battles teams
- Fixed an issue where Users would sometimes earn negative Skill Rating for a Win in HUT Rivals
Art - Jerseys
- Anaheim Ducks Alternate
- Boston Bruins Alternate
- Colorado Avalanche Stadium Series
- Los Angeles Kings Stadium Series
- Dallas Stars Winter Classic
- Nashville Predators Winter Classic
- San Jose Barracuda Alternate
Source: EA Forums
What are your thoughts on the update? Have you had the chance to test it - does it deliver? Let us know in the comments below!