We had an astonishing number of teams sign up for ECL Lite this season and while we had originally planned to cap it at 48 teams, we decided to raise the number to 64. The teams that ended up outside these 64 teams and the teams that signed up for ECL Neo will play in ECL Neo during the ECL 9 season. We will go into more depth about that division in our next news story in just a moment.
Below is the complete list of the teams participating in our Lite division this season and in which groups they will play.
ECL 9 Lite - 6 Groups
ECL Lite will be played in six groups consisting of 10-11 teams each. With 2 games against each opponent, this results in a 18-20 game regular season. A total of 32 teams will make the playoffs.
5th Line Heroes
Breakers Of The Bone
A total of 32 teams will make the playoffs
- The top 5 teams from each group will progress to the playoffs
- Out of all the remaining teams across all groups, the top 2 based on PPG will be selected to advance.
- Group winners are seeded #1-6
- Group runners-up #7-12
- Teams that finished 3rd #13-18
- Teams that finished 4th #19-24
- Teams that finished 5th #25-30
- Remaining teams with the highest PPG #31-32
- The seeding of the teams within these levels will be decided using the usual tiebreakers, found in the ECL 9 rulebook section 11.3.
- Regular season: 19.11-15.12
- Round 1: 16.-23.12
- Round 2: 29.12-5.1
- Quarterfinals: 7.-14.1
- Semifinals: 16.-23.1
- Finals: 25.1.-1.2.
Team management tools
All teams have been created, the team management tools on the main page have been unlocked for the team captains* (find the Team Tools dropdown in the top right corner of the menu). All players need to be invited to the team rosters ahead of your first game. Please note that all invited players need to accept the invitation (there will be a popup alert on the main page for them) before they show up on the team roster and can start playing!
* Some team captains are being fixed in the morning and may currently be displaying legacy information.
** Due to the number of new logos - it may take a while before your logo is updated. Please be patient for a couple days before asking if you already submitted your logo.
Please find the schedule here.
Have fun and see you on the ice!