Feedback for NHLGamer Staff

Dear NHLGamer Staff,

First of all I want to thank you for all the hard work making these leagues and tournaments happen for free.

BUT...

Year after year after year the staff lack consistency.

This season you gave us a time window to play the games and surprise surprise you changed the date again.

You changed the trading date -rule in the middle of the season. Why the heck do we even have rules which doesn't even matter in the end? Why are you giving the teams more time again and now all the other teams who have been obeying the rules have to wait. We had to play really lägishit games on Sundays just to finish the regular season on time. Teams have had one and a half month time to play these games, isn't that enough? Every team has accepted the rules (a final date when the games has to be played) when they registered in ECL 5.  

I understand you want to make everyone happy. I just want to give you guys a free advice.  If you want to make a big step forward improving the site and the leagues (maybe some day have sponsors), then I highly recommend you guys have a serious talk and stick with your rules and decisions.  

..But if you give us rules to obey and times when to play the games, then please do your part and get your shit together and be strict with the rules.

Thank you.

Edited by imosi
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Lauri said:

Thats next thursday 

I understood this wrong then : Upon your requests, the last day for ECL Pro & Elite games has been extended to Tuesday 21st of November. 

My bad, but anyway why change it? If you decide something, then stick with it.

Edited by imosi
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, imosi said:

I understood this wrong then : Upon your requests, the last day for ECL Pro & Elite games has been extended to Tuesday 21st of November. 

My bad, but anyway why change it? If you decide something, then stick with it.

Im sure you understood that correctly, that was a double change in the rules and seems kinda dumb if you make a change and it affects a lot of teams in a negative way you are not willing to alter it to make it suitable for majority. 

• Administrators

Thanks for the feedback.

1) Regarding the last day of the regular season, I agree that it should be a solid date, well known up front. That was actually our intent for this season, but - as mentioned previously - due to human error, the old wording was left in about the 7 days.

• Originally intended extra days: 0
  • Extra days with first announcement (as we wanted to start the playoffs on Monday): 3
  • Extra days, after we got the feedback that the rules say seven days: 5

In other words, we made a compromise with this decision, while not removing too many days from what some teams may have been expecting.

I believe we put up the announcement on Thursday evening, regarding the two extra days. Are you saying you didn't have this information on Sunday when you played the last games? We still have some work to do with having a clear line communication with the captains and that's something we can improve on.

2) Regarding the trade-deadline I personally find it ok (while not optimal) to change it during the season, as we gave a one week warning and people could still transfer. This rule was intended to be in place to avoid team jumping when the playoffs start.

Overall, I agree WE need to step up our game as a team and you can expect a solid date for the above mentioned things ECL 6. We have been very short on active staff members this season, which easily leads to shortages and mistakes. We would very much want enthusiastic and active people to join us to make ECL 6 the best experience we can. Send me a PM if you're interested and have the time to invest (this is for anyone, not directed at @imosi).

Please keep the feedback coming and don't be afraid to bring these up at the start of the season (like for example @Janikka did, and I appreciate that).

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Kenu said:

I believe we put up the announcement on Thursday evening, regarding the two extra days. Are you saying you didn't have this information on Sunday when you played the last games? We still have some work to do with having a clear line communication with the captains and that's something we can improve on.

Thank you for your answers. 

Maybe every rule change should be a headline news. The transfer change rule was the first thing I saw entering the website.

I did miss the deadline for regular season as it was only a sentence above the chat box, my bad as well. This would also save you and the staff time, with all the questions asked.

Maybe it would be wisest to stick with the original rules (this would be good to think thoroughly the rules before the season and stick with it), I do like that you guys listen to the community, but anyway both sides could take a lesson from this.

Once again, I really appreciate your hard work and I know you @Kenu are doing almost everything yourself this ecl. You just need help and more active staff with balls :9

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1