NHLgamer Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT)

KAWAIIII

I want to personally thank you aF, for making this playoff series difficult. We've had difficulties setting up game dates and once you lose the first game this time around, you decide to disappear. Last time there were no difficulties playing three games, ofc not, you won the first two. Thank you, it's never a true playoff series without controversy and people refusing to play to make it as difficult as possible :x

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• ECL Staff
17 minutes ago, Ikavalko said:

As things are right now there won't be any follow up from our side simply because there is no written rule (or chat agreement) about a minimum amount of games per night during the playoffs.

// LA Decision 

:) :) :) Games will continue tomorrow

Who the fuck plays only one game?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, MartindalexC said:

Who the fuck plays only one game?

Almost Famous games and gamedays last two series:

4-0 against Squad Villekuku(?) - 4 wins on 4 straight late games at the same date.

Series against us however:

3 games first night (late games): they win the first two, gets beaten the third. Sure, only there games were planned, but they blaimed the loss on being tired ^^

Yesterday: ask us to play 1h before game time. Postpones the game start til 21:15, drops a guy when down 1-2 in the third, lose 1-3 and the series are even at two. During this time, they never mention that its just one game, never. In their own thread, they say ”game 4 & 5 (?)”.

sure, there seems to be no rules in place to stop this kind of behaviour, but Almost Famous will henceforth be known as the team that forced the LAs to create s rule for this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ikavalko said:

As things are right now there won't be any follow up from our side simply because there is no written rule (or chat agreement) about a minimum amount of games per night during the playoffs.

// LA Decision 

:) :) :) Games will continue tomorrow

Cool that you leave out the part that make you guys look like idiots:

"...so we will likely include a seperate playoff paragraph to the rules for ECL 6 that includes a minimum amount of games per night among other clarifications"

AF = first team that use a loophole to their advantage so that admins must create a rule so that it dosn't happen again. What a start to your fine career. Classy peeps

Can you stop blaming each other please? Both captains I talked to agreed that both were at fault for not being clear upfront.

This also has an LA component to it, so we'll work on a playoffs paragraph for ECL 6 to take care of these things. Some of which might feel like a standard but actually aren't.

• Thanks 4

.. Maybe this conversation is done? ^_^ Our messages with LA didn't include that sentence tho. I think we all have much better things to do than complaining about Lite Playoffs little misunderstanding about yesterday, which makes only us look idiots. aF apologizes for miscommunication with setting up games, sh*t happens. Hope you will get over it someday like your teammates, Lainzdr. Thank you :) See you on the ice

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ikavalko said:

.. Maybe this conversation is done? ^_^ Our messages with LA didn't include that sentence tho. I think we all have much better things to do than complaining about Lite Playoffs little misunderstanding about yesterday, which makes only us look idiots. aF apologizes for miscommunication with setting up games, sh*t happens. Hope you will get over it someday like your teammates, Lainzdr. Thank you :) See you on the ice

Over it? Hell, its a game, its not like it keeps me up at night. I just dont like dumbasses, like Trump and other bakas

21 hours ago, Lainzndr said:

Over it? Hell, its a game, its not like it keeps me up at night. I just dont like dumbasses, like Trump and other bakas

You surely have complained heck of a lot about this incident, that it seems like you are deeply hurt :)

Ps. I also dont like dumbasses. 

Edited by Rimpe
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Rimpe said:

You surely have complained heck of a lot about this incident, that it sure seems like you are deeply hurt :)

Yeah, as long as we all sit quite when people like Trump rules the world and people are being dicks to one another b/c they're afraid of losing 2 games in a row, no one will get to Nangilima

Edited by Lainzndr

I don’t see a problem with playing just one game if nothing was agreed up front. I don’t know why one would categorize it as a ”loophole”. The wording in the rule should state that captains must agree to x amount of games when setting them up. If no agreement is made, one game would be the minimum. 

Edited by tbnantti
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rimpe said:

You surely have complained heck of a lot about this incident, that it sure seems like you are deeply hurt :)

Well, in the post you quoted I made it pretty clear why I reacted on this matter. Do I really have to write it again?..

9 hours ago, tbnantti said:

I don’t see a problem with playing just one game if nothing was agreed up front. I don’t why one would categorize it as a ”loophole”. The wording in the rule should state that captains must agree to x amount of games when setting them up. If no agreement is made, one game would be the minimum. 

Well, I agree that they didnt break any official rules since appearantly there arn't any rules in place at this time to hinder this. However, you and I have been in this scene for the same amount of time, I think, so tell me; have you ever played just one game when setting a date up with another team, especially when it seems like a lost cause to set another date the upcoming week? They're complaining that the clock ran away and it was too late to play a second game, yet all of their last 8 games were played around the same time, plus that they now want to play three games tonight, starting at 21:00 CET.

I find this hilarious and pretty obvious.

Good luck tonight, AF!  Lets put this behind us and play some NHL instead.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Lainzndr said:

Well, I agree that they didnt break any official rules since appearantly there arn't any rules in place at this time to hinder this. However, you and I have been in this scene for the same amount of time, I think, so tell me; have you ever played just one game when setting a date up with another team, especially when it seems like a lost cause to set another date the upcoming week? They're complaining that the clock ran away and it was too late to play a second game, yet all of their last 8 games were played around the same time, plus that they now want to play three games tonight, starting at 21:00 CET.

Yeah just playing one game maybe a little bit odd but i agree with tbnantti that if nothing was agreed by Caps its OK i suppose.

3 tuntia sitten, Lainzndr kirjoitti:

I have never played just one game, but I still don't think it's outrageous, especially considering it's the playoffs. I have been part of gamedays where the games have been completely rescheduled at the last minute, though, which is somewhat comparable. 

Like miiso said, it's a bit odd but nothing to get outraged over. 9_9

• Like 4

• ECL Staff
12 hours ago, tbnantti said:

I don’t see a problem with playing just one game if nothing was agreed up front. I don’t why one would categorize it as a ”loophole”. The wording in the rule should state that captains must agree to x amount of games when setting them up. If no agreement is made, one game would be the minimum. 

The thing is though playing two games is essentially implied, sure you can argue that it was never discussed but at some point you have to take into account the fact that the two game minimum is pretty heavily assumed by all players I'd wager. Ergo the onus to say that there's gonna be more / less games resides completely with AF. 

• Like 1