The Untold Story of a General Manager Trying to Make It Part 2

chavelski

I woke up today with a smile on my face. Last night was a good day of gaming and I was reminded of it when I looked at my phone, teammates sharing my opinion of the games last night. That felt good, we have had a good stretch the last couple of weeks but still it is good that you share your opinion with the teammates where we stand right now.

Lets back up a few weeks. During the christmas break we decided with our teammates that we are going to grind out a lot of games and boy did we grind. I think we played almost 150 6vs6 games during a span of 14 days. And no, it wasn’t always with our regular lineup but most of the times it was. I think we have played Rusty Blades almost 20 times this month, and SKY being a good second with 10 matches or so. Its hard though, while you can’t put too much weight on those results still i think we have improved, but the hell should I know, its only me looking through black and red glasses, ECL is going to be different right? I mean it has to be ? How can I know the opponents we met were as focused as we do? They definetly are more focused come ECL time compared to a 1am boxing day scrabble? Yes, most definetly.

We have tried to form a identity as a team and after all these games I would suspect we have formed one. You always have that one goofeball in the party asking ”Is there any idea in how we play?” or ”How should we play?”. I find the question frustrating. Like what do you mean, like Hardy Nilssons Torpedo hockey? Or Jacques Lemaire trap that he used in Devils back in their glory days.
Okay, I get where you are coming from but instead of trying to paint the whole picture in party 30 seconds before the game, just try to focus on some key points before the game and during the game. For example, don’t cheat from your own zone, try to locate where you are going to pass before you get the puck in your own zone etc, don’t get caught with the passing button on lock etc. All of these things we do are going to form good habits that you rely on in the future and form your gamestyle.
But you have to adapt to your opponent, we can’t have the same gameplan against a Elite team where we have minimal puck possesion or if we meet a Lite team where we have a lot of puck possesion.

I think you would  find our team annoying and frustrating to play against, we are not going to play a hawaii type of game against SKY or Rusty etc because what would that give us? First of all we get a loss, then you get the frustration in the party, the so called silence treatment ”the fittspel” etc. So everytime we play these teams we are going to rely on our defense. I am sorry if we are annoying the shit out of you but this is the type of game we have to play right now in order to be successful. We are not playing to lose nor are we playing it to be entertaining. Wins boost confidence and the more you win the more fun you have.

There has been struggles of course too, we are still lacking a right defenseman and we have had a couple of guys trying out, but we are yet to find out the perfect fit. But the aftermath of my last post was very encouraging. You just need to hang in there and grind it out. And as of right now we have done that, worked every day to be as prepared as we can be. I am satisfied with that.. Right now. But in this business we all know it can change so fast. One day you get a message that says ”I am leaving the team.” It happens, nothing you can do about it. But you can’t give up just because you have a set back or two. Where would be the challenge in that if you just put together 6 players and everybody think the same about everything and you would just win everything straight away? Would it be fun, probably for a while. But what do I think is fun in this NHL gaming? I would say when we play again tonight and I see where we have come since day 1, that has to be the part as a GM that is most fun, it makes you wake up with a smile in the morning.

• Like 25

19 hours ago, chavelski said:

I think you would  find our team annoying and frustrating to play against, we are not going to play a hawaii type of game against SKY or Rusty etc because what would that give us? First of all we get a loss, then you get the frustration in the party, the so called silence treatment ”the fittspel” etc. So everytime we play these teams we are going to rely on our defense. I am sorry if we are annoying the shit out of you but this is the type of game we have to play right now in order to be successful. We are not playing to lose nor are we playing it to be entertaining.  

I only played you guys once, your good. But that possesion play with defenders in own zone is borderline disrespectful i.m.o. making it a "fittspel" for everyone else. and thats in eashl, i can only imagine how your game will look in ecl :)

Keep it ip guys. 

Love / daigle 

#winningisntallitsjustagame/fittspeluknow

Edited by pnordetun
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, pnordetun said:

I only played you guys once, your good. But that possesion play with defenders in own zone is borderline disrespectful i.m.o. making it a "fittspel" for everyone else. and thats in eashl, i can only imagine how your game will look in ecl :)

Keep it ip guys. 

Love / daigle 

Do you even gamesman80? Chavelski's group play fast coast-to-coast hockey (Havaiji-kiekko) compared to the man with the most patience for puck possession and delayed breakouts (viivelähdöt).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 tuntia sitten, pnordetun kirjoitti:

Keep it ip guys. 

Love / daigle 

Tack Pato, I feel we don't do so much of that possesion in our own zone, but if it was so in that game I apologize, though we aren't just gonna give the puck away just because the other team is more skilled. But of course, we aren't here to kill the game either so thank you for your feedback and I will take it under advicement 9_9. #fittspeluknow

• Like 3