The Untold Story of a General Manager Trying to Make It Part 4

chavelski

So, I just arrived at work and while here is nothing to do I decided to open up a little bit again. I have got some good feedback and some negative feedback from these posts, as it should be, I just find it nice that you have actually made your way down here and read this series. The weird thing is though that people mix it up with the skill of our team being bad as shit because I am writing about the GM struggles. While we definitely aren't the best team out there we aren't the worst team either. But I can't expect everybody to know us and that's fine. But I can't see the connection about opening up and telling people out loud about GM struggles how you relate that to the team being bad? I mean GM's can probably relate how crazy off season can be and what goes down with the daily running of a team. And that is what this post is about, the daily running of a team and my personal opinion of how crazy it is in my perspective and opening up about it. If you have a problem with it just don't continue after these words :) 

Lets go back to what this topic is really about.. Last night, amazing. One game we had some bad bounces against us but else it was a good night of gaming. A couple of days ago one of our forwards decided to leave for another team, we couldn't offer him all of the games in the upcoming tournament as we are trying to rotate on our lineup. Ideally, in the wildest dreams, you want a lineup of just 6 players working on that chemistry but because this isn't professional in any means and you actually can't play 24/7 you have to have some extra players to rotate. I envy teams who have big lineups and because they have played so long together everybody on the team knows how you play, that is the GM's dream, just to put 6 players available in there and the results are the same no matter what lineup. Okay, just because last night was amazing doesn't mean its going to be that today or tomorrow, so its time to push down the expectations to my teammates. Not that I wanna take anything away from last night but some nights gaming ist just going great as shit and some nights its just shit.

We played Rusty Blades last night and there was a episode of "watching the replays" after goals being scored. As behalf of our team, I am sorry @Tanski87. We all know it can be annoying as shit and sometimes when your players are boiling in the dressing room its just better to not go for a rematch and start building some bad blood because from our side we really like you guys but last night I took a executive decision and decided not to play you again just because some hotheads in our party were boiling. :D Of course, maybe at first it isn't on purpose and maybe that was your case but it is very childish of us to response when we score to watch just to get back even though maybe it wasn't on purpose but of course after that its just a rally, it gets hot in games and you just work through it. Maybe you guys are making a highlight video and you need the replays but our guys wasn't just in the mood yesterday of watching replays. I am truly sorry for that.

I have been thinking about rivalries in this game and can think of some of course but I just don't feel/know there are a lot of them? I can imagine the veterans like NOS and 112 have a rivalry and I can imagine @MartindalexC you can enlighten me of any other rivalries? Maybe you guys have some? What other rivalries are there? Shouldn't we be hyping these rivalries even more around the forums or during ECL, make it like a game of the week or something or "Rivalry Night" like NHL does it? Rivalries are bittersweet and add the extra spice to the game, I know some games are just even more annoying to lose and after those games you don't feel like saying much. Generally that is good that you don't say anything after if it isn't positive that you have to say because then we can avoid the personal jumps that we still see on these forums and some guys like to work on. Of course, It happens in every day gaming that you get annoyed and maybe its a bad bounce or just a bad penalty that leads to a goal deep in the second overtime. Here in Sweden I find it a little bit of a prestige thing when you face another Swedish team, the majority of the teams are Finnish so when you do get a Swedish team your hands maybe sweat a little bit extra.

The time from when the registration started to the time that we actually get ECL 6 going is long as hell. This is the time when the last movements are made between teams and while its fun to see some movement you also wish there would be more permanent rosters in teams. But as long as this is just a hobby we can't expect anything better to happen. You can't decide for someone else that you have to play with that guy, you are going to get into arguments especially because we aren't doing this for our living and you can shut down the PS4 anytime you want. But I have big respect for teams who have had their core stay the same for years! Then there is always going to be one player on some team that just might wake up with the feeling "I have a dream..." and wants to be the captain and put together something own. That ain't really bad either though, you might do it because you want to play with an irl-friend who hasn't played the game for that long and you want to do something with him just that he could have a chance playing in the ECL. That is nice, more players to the community means more teams and that is just great.

I think its good that we criticise our league system if it is to try to make it better. It is not perfect but maybe some day it will be fair to everybody, we would have less complaints and a better flow. So my advice is that when you do criticise, motivate why you are criticising so that we together can make it better. There is now a lot of staff here with different roles and eyes on everything so if you don't want to adress your concern in public you can always message somebody of the staff in a private message. There is staff that does a lot of work for the community and has been doing it for a long time, @Kenu, @The_Alpha_Furyan, @Lurkins, @gzell60 and @Ranksu to name a few. They don't get paid to do anything, they just try to make something everybody enjoys to be around, so those who just play and complain, my advice to you is, TALK TO SOMEBODY about your concern and watch your language before you say anything stupid. We have members of both genders in this community and its important to remember that going forward.

Have a nice weekend boys and girls!

br, chavelski

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Ummm, whaaaa? 🤔 

First or second goal(the one from faceoff)  from us was replayed for some reason. We tought you guys wanted to watch it for what ever reason and did not hit X. 

Did not even notice you watching replays after scoring. But did notice you guys using start 2 seconds before end of the game with 2 goals lead. And not playing after that. 

Fair play is important to me. An example can be asked from Aapon Taikasauva from last night. 

• Like 3

1 tunti sitten, Tanski87 kirjoitti:

Ummm, whaaaa? 🤔 

First or second goal(the one from faceoff)  from us was replayed for some reason. We tought you guys wanted to watch it for what ever reason and did not hit X. 

Did not even notice you watching replays after scoring. But did notice you guys using start 2 seconds before end of the game with 2 goals lead. And not playing after that. 

Fair play is important to me. An example can be asked from Aapon Taikasauva from last night. 

Yes this is what I also thought that it was a misunderstanding all along from our end, I have never questioned your integrity or you not being a fair-play team. Thats why I said i'm sorry for last night. 

1 tunti sitten, xMrazek kirjoitti:

Best rivalry for us is with the Deadly Phantoms :) not that we have a problem with them but its always like a fight about who is the best german team :D
and somehow its getting a "rivalry" with Unknown just because it feels like we play them almost every night and the games are damn good.

Thats nice to hear bud and yeah I can see that you have a rivalry going on there, I suspect there will be a lot of other german teams coming up as well!

7 minuuttia sitten, epelis kirjoitti:

Fair play chavelski ! When player lost connection u still continue. Nice ☺

Yes, see I don't think you have to leave the game if its under 10 mins left in the third. I would see us quitting every time if it happens in the first 40mins though. But I guess there is different "codes" for this too. 

• Like 1