Money league

jtorro-_-

50 minuuttia sitten, gzell60 kirjoitti:

How?

Because ppl would get more interested of it. Gamers and even regular human who loves NHL videogame series + real life hockey. You can take my words up and laugh at me if it aint working.  I might be wrong but this is what I think.

• Like 3

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Frilander:

Because ppl would get more interested of it. Gamers and even regular human who loves NHL videogame series + real life hockey. You can take my words up and laugh at me if it aint working.  I might be wrong but this is what I think.

I'd argue that if you grab a snapshot of tonight's 6 vs. 6 ingame top 100 leaderboard, and list all the European teams in there, most are already on NHLGamer. Does a buy in tournament really attract the lower-tier, less known teams that most likely have no chance to make up for their buy in fee? Would love to dig a little deeper there.

Do we agree on the fact that a league with external prizes and no buy in fee would have a higher chance of attracting these teams though?

• Like 3

47 minuuttia sitten, gzell60 kirjoitti:

I'd argue that if you grab a snapshot of tonight's 6 vs. 6 ingame top 100 leaderboard, and list all the European teams in there, most are already on NHLGamer. Does a buy in tournament really attract the lower-tier, less known teams that most likely have no chance to make up for their buy in fee? Would love to dig a little deeper there.

Do we agree on the fact that a league with external prizes and no buy in fee would have a higher chance of attracting these teams though?

This is written by @jouni29 above

"Personally I'd prefer a laddered type of payment system based on the playing level, meaning that Elite could have somewhere around 100€ buy-in for team, Pro 40€ and Lite 15€. With those amounts it would be Elite 1600€, Pro 1200€ and Lite 900€ based on ECL 6's team amount in each division. This could be split something like 60% for winner, 30% for second place and 10% to NHLGamer. That way we would have prizes to play for, and some money to improve this community and for keeping things going on.
Should there also be a division without payments? Yes. That brings more new players and teams to compete together which is never a bad thing."

How you see this?

46 minuuttia sitten, gzell60 kirjoitti:

I have mixed feelings about it, and I'm also not sure how that helps answering the questions I brought up in your quote 🙁

Your questions literally have nothing to do with what I meant... And in my quote there definitely was answers for ur questions.

"Should there also be a division without payments? Yes. That brings more new players and teams to compete together which is never a bad thing."

"Lower tier teams/Less known teams" can practice for buy-in tournament in division that has no payment. What would be difference if there is buy-in divisions + free for all divisions? 

Alright, now I think I get your point. So you're saying if we decide to start a divisional buy-in tournament, the bottom tier division needs to be free to play so we can still attract new teams that will be dragged into paying money when they are good enough to be promoted.

That does bring up a couple more questions though:

Would current ECL Lite be ready to be turned into a paid division, or is it the bottom tier free to play division?
Who guarantees that a huge number of existing ECL Elite and ECL Pro teams aren't dropping out in case these divisions were turned into a paid division, essentially breaking the entire divisional system?

As I pointed out a couple of times, I don't like the buy-in idea a lot and would rather make use of the other method to offer paid leagues. Still, I'm interested in seeing opinions on it, which is why I'm asking these questions. In that regard, @Kenu's idea about buy-in being entirely seperate from ECL is a valid one, however not very realistic in my mind as it would essentially distract from / destroy a brand (ECL) that is known to a very large audience of NHL players by now. So I'm more focused on discussing solutions that can be implemented for the current state of ECL.

1 tunti sitten, gzell60 kirjoitti:

Alright, now I think I get your point. So you're saying if we decide to start a divisional buy-in tournament, the bottom tier division needs to be free to play so we can still attract new teams that will be dragged into paying money when they are good enough to be promoted.

Nah at very start I said ppl will get interested about buy-in tournaments and that will give us new players and new teams. Dont make up that stuff lol :D If there is many players that doesnt want to buy-in then you could make divisions for them where they dont need to pay..

But I 100% believe money tournaments will attract more players than free to play tournaments. Its my opinion and I dont think I have any facts to prove my opinion but I guess you neither.

Edited by Frilander
  • Like 1

Main thing is the vision what you want to do and how you see ...is it just business or something bigger...if it bigger then the main question is not a 20 or 50eur buy in(its technical part)...Do you have presentation or strategy what is nhlgamer and to where its going? Strategy? How you going?

PS.

We are platform for real money games with 5000subs community...ok there is a lot of them in the world ....what is the thing of nhlgamer....?

FACT->

For prizes there should be sponsors from the site, otherwise nhlgamer will lose teams and players.

IF PAY IN.........

And the most important thing for this is a minimum of 16 teams of the same level, otherwise in paid tournaments there will be one and the same winner, maybe it will work in the elite, if everyone wants to pay. For top8, it's easy to say we're ready to pay, but are the bottom 8 ready to pay?

I'm 100% sure if the tournament will have to pay in other divisions then the site will lose a lot of teams.

Here is only one decision, nhlgamer need a sponsor

Thx for google translate😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27.4.2018 at 02.27, Kenu kirjoitti:
  • Would you join a buy-in league?
  • How much would you be ready to pay for being part of a buy-in league?
  • Would you expect to win this league and regain the money or the full prize?
  • What sort of sum would be acceptable as the prize in the first season of the buy-in league?
  • How would you expect the prize pool to be split between the teams in the league?
  • How long of a season would you expect in a buy-in league?
  • How often would you participate in a buy-in league?
  • If the league was separate from the ECL, would you then prioritize it over the ECL?
  • Do you think ECL should be a buy-in league?
  • Do you think certain divisions should be buy-in, such as ECL Elite?
  • Hypothetically, say ECL Elite and Pro had buy-ins - what would stop an Elite caliber team for signing up for Pro in order to get "an easy" tournament win and prize money?
  • If you are against buy-ins or on the fence about the topic - what would be a small enough amount for you to join and still be able to have fun?

1. Yes

2. 30€

3. Yes

4. 3k

5. 1st place: 60% of prize

2nd place: 20% of prize

3rd-4th places: 10% of prize each 

6. Maximum of 3 months

7. Every time as long as I enjoy playing

8. Yes

9. Yes, but only Elite divion at first.

10. Only Elite division at first.

11. That would become a problem for sure if other divisions had prize pools too. Maybe putting new teams to Lite division should be considered if Pro division had prize pool. Allthough there should be prize pool only in Elite division at first in my opinion.

12. 25€

• Thanks 2

• Administrators
13 hours ago, gzell60 said:

In that regard, @Kenu's idea about buy-in being entirely seperate from ECL is a valid one, however not very realistic in my mind as it would essentially distract from / destroy a brand (ECL) that is known to a very large audience of NHL players by now. So I'm more focused on discussing solutions that can be implemented for the current state of ECL.

For the record, I don't recall saying that is my idea of how it should be. Sure, it's one of the options that people have brought up. I agree about ECL and that it should not be compromised, but talking about the options and highlighting the problematics with the different approaches is not a bad thing in my opinion. :)

3 hours ago, plymalkin said:

Main thing is the vision what you want to do and how you see ...is it just business or something bigger...if it bigger then the main question is not a 20 or 50eur buy in(its technical part)...Do you have presentation or strategy what is nhlgamer and to where its going? Strategy? How you going?

PS.

We are platform for real money games with 5000subs community...ok there is a lot of them in the world ....what is the thing of nhlgamer....?

This was a bit confusing for me. Is it just business or something bigger?

If you read my post, I believe you should know it's not "just business" - however, I'm sure we can agree that a smart business approach can bring sustainability and growth. One should not associate the word 'business' with 'greed' or 'evil'. There's plenty of good businesses out there that do what they do out of the love for the thing that they do and give back to the community. Nobody (unless you're a millionaire, struggling to figure out what to do with your fortune) can keep working a full-time job just purely for "something bigger" without any compensation.

Yes, we have a presentation and strategy that we present to the potential partners. We'll keep you up to date with how things are going once we have something solid.

You are right that "20 or 50 euro buy-in?" isn't the main question. However, since our members are asking us for buy-in leagues, I think it's fair to ask for some specifics of their expectations, don't you? It's no use creating buy-in leagues, if the specifics don't meet/exceed the members expectations.

• Like 1

34 minuuttia sitten, Kenu kirjoitti:

For the record, I don't recall saying that is my idea of how it should be. Sure, it's one of the options that people have brought up. I agree about ECL and that it should not be compromised, but talking about the options and highlighting the problematics with the different approaches is not a bad thing in my opinion. :)

This was a bit confusing for me. Is it just business or something bigger?

If you read my post, I believe you should know it's not "just business" - however, I'm sure we can agree that a smart business approach can bring sustainability and growth. One should not associate the word 'business' with 'greed' or 'evil'. There's plenty of good businesses out there that do what they do out of the love for the thing that they do and give back to the community. Nobody (unless you're a millionaire, struggling to figure out what to do with your fortune) can keep working a full-time job just purely for "something bigger" without any compensation.

Yes, we have a presentation and strategy that we present to the potential partners. We'll keep you up to date with how things are going once we have something solid.

You are right that "20 or 50 euro buy-in?" isn't the main question. However, since our members are asking us for buy-in leagues, I think it's fair to ask for some specifics of their expectations, don't you? It's no use creating buy-in leagues, if the specifics don't meet/exceed the members expectations.

1. Business or bigger I didint mean it in greed evil way😁....I mean if problem for buying in is taxation or Veikkaus you can move "operational" part to examp. Malta and try how this buying in will work and what kind of operations and people need  for it (how many teams you will have and etc)....but then will be small problems with bigger sponsors...not writing here...

2. Sponsors will come when you are something else than just tournament organizer...(someone copy idea move to Cyprus and increase winning spot...)

Is it hockey populirisation(correct?) inside Europe (world wide (ea nhl)  Jääkiekkoliitto muistaakseni teki sopparin Kiinan kanssa...)

Germany ice hockey federation after silver...

There is a lot of hockey teams(possible sponsors) who can take a part of this scene..Finland, Sweden, Norway, Germany maybe Russia etc... if the message is correct....

Betting for video games Veikkaus someone else...

Thats why I asked "who is nhlgamer" what is the bigger picture of whole scene....

Peace😁 

PS.

And yes 50eur is ok

• Thanks 1

Let say we have this elite buy-in tournament. To be honest we have 5 teams in elite which has fair chance to win the title so atleast I dont understand why team what wont have any chance to win title would take part to league. Personally I would love to have that kinda tournament but I dont think it would be possible as skill difference between teams are too big. Who wants to buy just to lose your money? 

I think ECL would come second category league if there is a another league with money price. As well we have to remember how small community this is after all. 5k people sounds great but when we count how many players played even some games this season well you can imagine what is the difference. (Lot!!) Tho numbers are growing what is really good sight but maybe the time to money league is not yet. 

Edited by Tuukka.R
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 27.4.2018 at 02.27, Kenu kirjoitti:

1. Would you join a buy-in league?
  2. How much would you be ready to pay for being part of a buy-in league?
  3. Would you expect to win this league and regain the money or the full prize?
  4. What sort of sum would be acceptable as the prize in the first season of the buy-in league?
  5. How would you expect the prize pool to be split between the teams in the league?
  6. How long of a season would you expect in a buy-in league?
  7. How often would you participate in a buy-in league?
  8. If the league was separate from the ECL, would you then prioritize it over the ECL?
  9. Do you think ECL should be a buy-in league?
  10. Do you think certain divisions should be buy-in, such as ECL Elite?
  11. Hypothetically, say ECL Elite and Pro had buy-ins - what would stop an Elite caliber team for signing up for Pro in order to get "an easy" tournament win and prize money?
  12. If you are against buy-ins or on the fence about the topic - what would be a small enough amount for you to join and still be able to have fun?

1. Yes

2. 30€

3. Nope but I can pay little bit for more fun. Playing for money would be extremely intense and fun.

4. 1000-1600? tbh I have no idea.

5. ^^

6. 2-3months

7. Everytime its possible.

8. Well it would be about money so yes.. But ofc I will be playing for ECL all the time.

9. I think there should be atleast one buy-in division.

10. Whatever could work..

11. Maybe 1x buy-in division could be the best then

Edited by Frilander
Miss spelling
  • Thanks 1

7 minuuttia sitten, Tuukka.R kirjoitti:

Let say we have this elite buy-in tournament. To be honest we have 5 teams in elite which has fair chance to win the title so atleast I dont understand why team what wont have any chance to win title would take part to league. Personally I would love to have that kinda tournament but I dont think it would be possible as skill difference between teams are too big. Who wants to buy just to lose your money? 

I think ECL would come second category league if there is a another league with money price. As well we have to remember how small community this is after all. 5k people sounds great but when we count how many players played even some games this season well you can imagine what is the difference. (Lot!!) Tho numbers are growing what is really good sight but maybe the time to money league it not yet. 

Really well written in there. 

I understand the urge to get money involved for some. It would naturally be great to get money from somethung you like to do, do a lot and being really good at it. 

It would not be a problem for me to chip in for prize pool, even if Rusty isnt counted for a championship challenger. But I would mind seeing this whole nhlgamer falling for too hasty movements. Staff has been working their asses for this thing we have right now. But is it too dragile still to just hastely try stuff like throwing buy-ins to ECL? Would buy-in league throw ECL's prestige down? 

I would love to see some sponsorship money being thrown in as a prize pool. But how realistic it would be to see some major sponsorship for this small community? Not really too realistic. Not yet! This is growing rapidly right now. Wven small thigs line commentatory in these playoffs are pushing this to the right direction. 

Money is coming the way thigs are going, im pretty sure of it. But forcing it by threats of leaving to play somewhere else is not cool, not smart or not the way to get it done. Its kinda really disrepectful for the guys who have done so much for this community without getting any from it. 

At this point I myself see any buy-in stuff to be wise if it somehow it is connected to ECL, but not by forcing ECL spot to be something you buy. Maeby some cup like tournament where pairings has somethibg to do how well the last ECL was played? How to get smaller teams to get chip in? Only one game to decide who goes forward. Anything can happen in one game. Maeby even refunding 50% of the fee for the teams that drop off in the first round, dunno. Just a quickly scraped idea there that I believe many does find it to be a bad one. 😆

Everything good comes when you have patience and work hard. Remember to be active in social media about what we are doing. Get people to know about this more. Even the people who does not play, but would like to follow the games and leagues. 

Just my 2cents. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 tunti sitten, Tuukka.R kirjoitti:

Let say we have this elite buy-in tournament. To be honest we have 5 teams in elite which has fair chance to win the title so atleast I dont understand why team what wont have any chance to win title would take part to league. Personally I would love to have that kinda tournament but I dont think it would be possible as skill difference between teams are too big. Who wants to buy just to lose your money

Yeah maybe every team is able to decide are they going to take part of it or just play regular league without prize pools. Allthough there were plenty of teams willing to attend this kind of league on leaguegaming's site a while ago so I guess this is what majority of Elite teams want already. Wouldn't this be only win - win situation, if every party gets what they want? 

• Like 2

Kind of wild idea came to mine mind also. If NHLGamer wants so badly to stick it with those Divisions and they are not going to create any separate Buy-In League, how about adding optional Buy-In chance to every team in Elite? For example; In registration thread there should be chance to say "Yes" or "No" for Buy-In when you are registering your team to the upcoming Elite season. To be more understandable, with this I mean there would still be those 16 teams in Elite, no matter if you are paying or not, but those Elite teams who have said "No" to Buy-In, will not have a chance to win any prizes. No matter if they win Elite or not. If team who have not paid Buy-In and wins something, then the prize will go to NHLGamer for example. I know it sounds kinda funny, mixed Elite League with teams who have paid and teams who have not. It's ok to me if there is few teams playing same League with me and they will not take a part to the Prizepool system. At the same time I'm pretty trusting there would be something 10 out of 16 teams in Elite who are ready to pay. If there is only 5 teams who are paying and other 11 are not, then I'm not sure can it be wise idea anymore. But as I said, I trust, interest is huge and there is more than five teams.

2 tuntia sitten, Tanski87 kirjoitti:

Money is coming the way thigs are going, im pretty sure of it. But forcing it by threats of leaving to play somewhere else is not cool, not smart or not the way to get it done. Its kinda really disrepectful for the guys who have done so much for this community without getting any from it.

Is it? As the opening post said, there is people who have already played three NHL games and six ECLs, without prizes. Getting bored and wanting something new is not disrespectful. We need to start from somewhere. Human kind is different and I'm fine with that. This thing needs flexibility from anyone and that's why I would be ready to play that kind of Buy-In League what I explained above. We can forgot these Buy-In things when this thing is really "Professional" and there is sponsors and everything behind the prizes.

Edited by FlyerKungen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love it! 1

Money league and buy ins? 90% of Finnish players would need more allowance from their parents and the remaining 10% of unemployed drunks would need more social wellfare to even afford the buy in. Somebody just win that vegas shit and donate the money to Kenumeister. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it! 1

To be honest I think we as a community should avoid buy-in type of leagues (we don't want the main product ECL to turn meaningless) and rather be patient and wait for sponsors to take interest in the league. I think the upcoming 6vs6 eSM will be a valuable opportunity to show how much more interesting 6vs6 live tournament is to the viewers. The first prize pool should be by sponsors and it doesn't even have to be that big tbh. Big enough to interest MVPena should do just fine and if everything goes well the SPONSORED prize pool will grow with time.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, ShaneC27 said:

Money league and buy ins? 90% of Finnish players would need more allowance from their parents and the remaining 10% of unemployed drunks would need more social wellfare to even afford the buy in. Somebody just win that vegas shit and donate the money to Kenumeister. 

True that brother! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Thanks 1

⚔️Please make the buy in at least 1000€ So you have a good reason to be home playing this fucking game instead of going out clubibg and throwing away those money.

Plus you dont have to cry like a baby in the sofa the day after feeling  like a new pooped turd 🤕

#IHATESUNDAYS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NHLGamer Season Pass / License !!! Thought machine gun triggered, watch out.

- where every single member of NHLGamer pays the money (10€-50€) per one NHL game (or season, like ECL7) for playing on this site, using NHLGamer's tools, staff, leagues and community overall. Not sure could this way of paying be possible tho.

Would you be ready to pay 20€ for an example - per 9-12 month lasting NHL gaming period where you can use NHLGamer daily, can join and play 6vs6, 3vs3, 2vs2, 1vs1 - both free and buy-in leagues and tournaments. Add FIFA and other possible games to it as well in the future, who knows.

Separate the big, bad money league to it's own thing. 12 best teams who are interested (such things as ECL-status, stats, players, EASHL ranking would matter the most). Every game, every goal, every point would matter more than ever before. Make it best of the best, for the money. If more teams interested than 12 or 16 (doubt it if the buy-in is more than 10/20€ per player) - then I dunno

- MONEY LEAGUE 💸

- ECL Elite

- ECL Pro & Lite

- Summer Cup

Money needs to step in, and in NHL19 it's already confirmed. Step by step. Next level is to bring it to whole community. Thanks, bye.

Although I gotta say that best option would be, like Ahola writes above: sponsored and big time supported ECL (Elite). 

Edited by vSilenttio
  • Like 6

• 4 months later...

I havent read all the earlier arguments but first thing what came to my mind is that doesnt everything cost money in some way? Like you pay for the console, screen, game, network, controller, forntnite skins and dances etc etc you know exactly what I meen just by thinking about anything you have done in your life. For example if you think about your other hobbies you find out that even jogging costs and I am not gonna explain why. BUT you are not ready for paying for competive NHL league? And all those things that OTHER people do for you and in this chase have done it for years. And then you say that I dont care about EASHL stats. Only ECL. But Im not ready for paying that. In other perspective you want this ”using others passion for my benefit” continue. Do you want everything to be free? So are you ready to pay for this value? That other people makes the site and all the arrangements for YOU? And for the same prize you can get pizza and energydrink but is it Pizzanight or practice for ECL what you need that pizza and energydrink for? Because of the people that has made this League you want to play this game? Isnt it? Would you keep playing as passionate this game if there wouldnt be ECL? Would you listen as much Spotify with the free version? And yeayea its not complitely the same thing but I hope you get the point. Maybe the discussion is about having more motivation from moneyprizes but do you even need that to pay? 

Edited by ADETIKKI
too big fontsize
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5
  • Love it! 3