Chafak: RW -> Almost Famous

erholtzi: G -> FA

MUFASAN-VALITTU: LD -> FA

StyleZ-HaDeS: RD -> FA

willekunq -> RD -> Written In The Stars

Mommmi: RD -> FA

JaKurrii: C\LW -> Wasps Gaming

kojowaa: LD/RD -> Wasps Gaming

Thanks all the players who played for us last season, especially Chafak, Mommmi, JaKurrii and kojowaa u guys did great job with us couple seasons!  

- jergelii

37F6F0C8-D943-45B5-9266-A2C19ACE536B.png

Edited by Jere Jortama
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it! 1

• 1 month later...

🦋 Some news and information for our Elite opponents 🦋

We have added one new player in our team.

Welcome jm__98___ 😍

Im going vacation in Los Angeles for few weeks, im going to miss like 60-70% regular season games of ECL so @JM98Jm is backuping me in rw position and maybe going to steal my spot?? You never know 🤯..

If Elite teams are reading this, im not going to schedule our games in 1.11-23.11. So if you guys have to reschedule games or something else please contact @Nassustelija or @Crisu_rottis

Goodluck for all teams in rest of ECL and also gl for best four teams who made in eSM-finals. 🏒

Captain and founder of 🦋 Effect

- jergelii

Edited by Jere Jortama
  • Like 7
  • Love it! 6
  • Sad 3

• 2 months later...

Roster for ECL 8

LW: @Joukki

C : @xDoumi

RW: @jergelii (C) 

LD: @Crisu_rottis (A)

RD: @Totalii (A) 

RD/C/RW: F-B-I__A-N-D-Y_

G: @JanneK. (JANURI98)

G: @Roisto999

Try-out: Kingofapes_ (10 games)

Wow what a offseason.. 

Butterflies who joined another team 🥺

@Vilupoika -> Team Frosty 💶💶💰

@RutonMosse -> Symphony 🎷

@Nassustelija -> Written In The Stars ✍🏾💫

@After8 (will_yo7) -> Team Frosty 🙅🏼‍♂️💰

@eissi83 -> Unlucky Boys HC 🍔

@JM98Jm (jm__98___) -> Unlucky Boys HC 🚨🍔

After all difficulties im very happy to play with these new guys 🦋❤️

Good luck all the teams who are playing in ECL 8 👍🏽 

Edited by jergelii
  • Like 9
  • Love it! 8

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

What is Butterfly Effect?

"The Butterfly effect is an idea that says that a small change can make much bigger changes happen."

Our Story:

This team journey started in ECL 5 Lite division, i played with my irl friends and few extra pieces @JaKurrii @EABUNKA @kojowaa etc. We won Lite championship in first season when i started to play 6vs6.

ECL 6 we got promoted to Pro division, we make few roster changes @RutonMosse @Stylez-Hades @Roisto999 etc. Season was pretty solid, we went to playoffs but we couldnt beat Monarchs in Round 2 at Playoffs and our season was over. Our team was builded with great guys and great players but we didn't play practise games enough.

Then i made few roster changes in summer, we changed our team name Red Machine to Butterfly Effect. @Vilupoika @Nassustelija & @vviljo joined the team, ISCup 3 was next tournament and we made it in TOP-8 but lost BO3 to Symphony and didn't qualified at LAN Event. After ISCup was time for ECL 7 and we added @JM98Jm & @Crisu_rottis to our roster and made to playoffs but we lost first round against Written In The Stars. After that @Vilupoika get maybe first money contract in NHL history and signed with Team Frosty, @Nassustelijasigned with SKY, @vviljo signed first with Team Frosty and then Unlucky Boys & @RutonMosse signed with Symphony.

It was sad thing to lost players & friends like that, we have good thing going and i really enjoyed to play with that team. But those were seasons when most of our players stepped up and become great players.

ECL 8 i wanted to stay with my team and quickly made some kind of roster. @xDoumi @Joukki @Totalii joined our team, season was disaster IMO. Team spirit was bad and playing wasn't fun anymore.

Summer was coming and i was hoping that FLY is not done. Last summer we signed @Vilupoika @NikkeDangles @vviljo & @Nampa77

I personally had to change my player position Right wing to Center. I Remember when we were looking for RW or Center to our team. I noticed @NikkeDangles in beginning of NHL 19 and i just had the feeling that this kid is going to be one of the best players in the scene sometime. @Vilupoika was little bit confused to me signing 15 years old guy without Elite experience. But what you can say? We played multiple nights with @NikkeDangles and noticed that he is next superstar.

We played at Spring League with good level and realized that we can beat top teams and we even made in to the finals but couldn't beat SKY, our lucky was the day when NHLGamer published Finnish Championship tournament at August 2019.

We made to LAN Event and get Bronze, that was the tournament when we really stepped up in team and played our team to TOP team in NHL scene.

NHL 20 was published and we signed with goalie named @PCJPdidn't take long when NHLGamer published ISCup4 tournament our goal was clear, win the whole tournament. We got ourselves to LAN Event again. Semifinals was in LAN against HAVU Gaming, two first games went to HAVU but after that we changed few thing our playing style and we got two next wins. Game 5 was something else, so tight always to the end of 3rd period, i was the guy who get the best chance in that game. Breakaway in last 10 seconds of 3rd but i couldn't finish that and we go to overtime, overtime was tight as usually i take stupid penalty and HAVU scores and made to the finals. Bronze games was against FILADELPHIA but we couldn't play same level with last night disappointment in our heads. FILA takes Bronze and we were left with 4th. After that i went to speak with eSport organization. After ISCup 4 we signed one of the best goalies in the scene @sibeelius

ECL 9 was good from us, regular season #3 standings. First round playoffs against Unlucky Boys and we won them 4-1.

Semifinals against HAVU Gaming again. First 4 games was really good from us but HAVU still managed to win 2 games of them, series was 2-2. We played last 3 remain games next night and we lost series 4-3. 

Disappointment again. HAVU was to big hill to climb.

@Vilupoika didn't have motivation to play in start of NHL 20, but when we get ourselves to LAN event, things were looking better with him and he told me that he have more motivation now. But when you lose three times in a row same team at playoffs your motivation is going to get lower, after that we have a meeting with eSport organization and that went pretty good.

Contracts are ready, players wanted to sign. But @Vilupoika started to think why would he go organization because he don't have any intresting at the game anymore. He told me that he is going to quit playing NHL and we have to look another left wing for our team. I'm not mad to @Vilupoika why would i? He made right decision to quit and that's it.

After hearing those kind of sad news we speak with team members and realizing that there is no another @Vilupoika, guy was a beast. But still we have to try something out because contract is still in the table.

Last night i got text message from @NikkeDangles that he is going to sign another team.

This is so big change that we couldn't take anymore. There is no replacement of those two young guys.

I told to eSport organization that we are not at the moment good enough to sign with them and deal is off.

I want to make sure everyone that i'm not mad for anyone, one thing leads another thing and that happened. That is Butterfly Effect.

So i don't know is this the end of Butterfly Effect or what but i told our players that they can ask another team if they want, all of our players is one of the TOP players at their position. 

I wanted to thank all Red Machine & Butterfly Effect players, i have made so many friends in this team! 🦋💜

#FLYHIGH

- Team founder and captain jergeli

P.S. Sorry for spelling mistakes, thanks for google translator and bad english.

small.1085616075_NHL20ISCUP4(58of93).jpg.1e03e8defb4afa3ee485784e969ceef0.jpg

Edited by jergelii
  • Like 21
  • Sad 80

I played in same group with Red Machine on your first season in Lite. I have to say i am not surprised of the trip you have made after that. 

GJ and GL to all of you for the future.

E: BTW, from that ECL5 group 1 team(EV Duisburg) raised to Pro level and 2 team(Red Machine and Penalty Box) to a Elite level.

Edited by K__0__S__E
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love the story, Captain! ❤️ But, fuck... this feels bad man. 😭

Elite needs more top teams, not less. Also missed esports org. contract is a huge loss for this community at this point.

I'm happy I know you personally, Jere! I've seen so much myself in you, while I've been watching you doing your captain things during all these years. It's inspiring... also I know I'm not only crazy human being out there.

Cheer up brother! Tomorrow still exist! :) 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it! 2

I don’t know any of your team personally. But definitely quality, top of the scene players. I’ve been watching much of Fly’s games against ”big ones”. (To be able to learn something about the game)

And one of the rare teams which has really managed to challenge those teams. 

I really hope you manage some day build even stronger FLY.

Like ekungen said, Elite and scene overall needs teams like FLY!!

Edited by Oicteppotulppu
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Love it! 1