0.        Preface

Welcome to the ECL 7 rules. With ECL 6, we already applied many changes to this rulebook, and it will act as a foundation for ECL 7 as well. Now that we allow ECL Elite teams to buy and ECL Elite license and play for prize money, it is very important for us to be even more clear about League Administration procedures and fix vague descriptions throughout the rulebook as thoroughly as possible. This is what most adjustments are related to.

We ask every team to familiarize themselves with and memorize the different sections. Team captains must be aware of the entire ruleset, as it includes lots important guidance that stays relevant throughout the entire league/tournament. Regular players on the other hand should be aware of member registration requirements, etiquette, fair play and game rules. As always, any new additions are highlighted in bold letters. ̶P̶̶a̶̶r̶̶t̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶m̶̶o̶̶v̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶t̶̶r̶̶u̶̶c̶̶k̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶u̶̶t̶̶.̶

Here's an overview of the adjustments compared to ECL 6:

• 1.2: NHLGamer Staff may require account names, PSN IDs / Gamertags and/or player names to be changed if they are deemed inappropriate.
  • 2.1: As this question pops up frequently among new visitors, we clarified when teams can be signed up for leagues/tournaments
  • 2.2: Instead of 8 players, ECL Elite teams are now allowed to sign up with a roster size of 7 players. Player numbers must be unique within a team.
  • 4.8: A third way of passing on the captaincy/ownership has been added. If the previous captain agrees and no assistant captains are left, a group of 5 regular members can now take over the team, while C and one A need to be filled with existing players. Additionally, the case-by-case freedom for League Administration was removed, so it has to stick to the three procedures described. If there are two separate parties that fulfil the requirements mentioned above, League Administration may deploy additional requirements.
  • 6.2 - 6.4: League Administration commits to sticking to the written rules. We have also added further clarification to when LA is allowed to add new rules and how the decision making works (for that reason, any indications on the severeness of various penalties throughout the rulebook were removed)
  • 6.7: Bans were reviewed over the summer and have been updated to reflect the current situation.
  • 8.2: Skaters can unintentionally stay down on the ice and appear to be "dead" after a hit, and we ask players to clear the puck if this happens
  • 9.3: Extensions may be given as a last resort solution if there is no clear way of resolving scheduling issues
  • 13.3: The 24 hour rule to reinstate the minimum roster size was moved here, because...
  • 14: ...paragraph 14 disappeared as a whole. As mentioned earlier, we do not pre-define any player or team penalties anymore. 

1.        Member registration

All players participating in any NHLGamer league/tournament are required to have a registered account on NHLGamer.com with their PSN ID (PlayStation) or Gamertag (Xbox) added to their profile.

NHLGamer account name, PSN ID / Gamertag and player name must not be of offensive, insulting, crude or vulgar nature. NHLGamer Staff reserves the right to request players to change these details if deemed inappropriate. 

By joining a team registered for a league/tournament, the player is accepting these rules.

No player may have more than one account on NHLGamer.com. This account can be used for playing on different consoles and in different leagues/tournaments simultaneously as long as the player has their PSN ID / Gamertag set up on their NHLGamer profile.

If several players use their accounts from the same IP address (for example brothers living in the same home), those players are required to inform an administrator about these conditions within 24 hours after registering the 2nd account from the IP address. Administrators may ask for proof of identification for both registered players.

2.        Team registration

All registered members are allowed to register a team for NHLGamer leagues/tournaments. The team's registrant will be set as captain by default. Team registration is only possible during the sign-up period, which will be announced via the NHLGamer main page.

In order to be eligible for NHLGamer leagues/tournaments, teams must:

• Have a captain and 2 assistant captains
  • Have a total of at least 8 players (ECL Pro and ECL Lite) / 7 players (ECL Elite)
  • Use the same team name on NHLGamer.com and NHL 19
  • Use unique numbers within a team (two players on the same team cannot use the same number at the same time)

Registrations are final once the sign-up deadline has passed, and teams are required to participate in the league/tournament they signed up for. NHLGamer Staff has the final say in seeding teams to divisions or groups, and the decisions are to be accepted. ̶A̶̶n̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶t̶̶t̶̶e̶̶m̶̶p̶̶t̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶u̶̶r̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶g̶̶r̶̶i̶̶t̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶e̶̶a̶̶g̶̶u̶̶e̶̶/̶̶t̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶n̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶o̶̶o̶̶k̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶L̶̶e̶̶a̶̶g̶̶u̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶A̶̶d̶̶m̶̶i̶̶n̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶r̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶.̶

To withdraw a registration, the captain must edit the team's sign-up post and remove all team information. Additionally, send a private message to @Kenu, to make sure that this doesn't go unnoticed. This is only possible before the sign-up deadline is over.

3.        Code of conduct

Registered members are expected to treat each other with respect by not diverting to overly abusive language. This applies to all league/tournament related conversations conducted on NHLGamer.com, or direct communication between players on external sources if proof can be provided that also includes the context of the conversation.

Members are not allowed to circumvent the rules (including any attempts) or deceive NHLGamer Staff and its League Administration at any time.

4.        ECL Divisions framework

ECL is seperated into three divisions: ECL Elite with 16 teams, ECL Pro with 32 teams split into two conferences and ECL Lite with an indefinite number of teams in a varying amount of conferences, depending on the registration count. The final setup will be announced after the sign up deadline is over.

ECL Lite is the regular point of entrance for all new teams, from which they can work their way up into ECL Pro, and later on into ECL Elite. ECL Lite registrants are also allowed to apply for a spot in ECL Pro. If the number of open spots in ECL Pro exceeds the number of promotions from ECL Lite, e.g. due to ECL Pro teams disbanding, these additional spots will be filled with teams that applied during the sign-up phase according to the following factors:

• Priority for ECL Lite quarter-finalists from the previous season
  • Franchise history
  • Roster composition
  • EASHL record

Similarly, if the number of open spots in ECL Elite exceeds the number of promotions from ECL Pro, these additional spots will be filled with additional teams from ECL Pro according to the following factors from the previous season:

• Playoff wins
  • PPG average during the regular season
  • Head-to-head record
  • Goal difference
  • Goals scored

In ECL Elite, 8 out of 16 teams will make the playoffs. Teams that finish in places 9-12 will neither play in the playoffs nor be subject to relegation. Teams that finish in places 13 and 14 will each play one ECL Pro semi-final loser in a direct competition to determine which teams will play in ECL Elite during the next season. Teams that finish in places 15 and 16 are instantly relegated and will play ECL Pro during the upcoming season.

In ECL Pro, 8 out of 16 teams from each conference will make the playoffs, in which they will be cross-seeded best against worst according to the tiebreakers mentioned in 10.3. Both ECL Pro finalists are instantly promoted and will play ECL Elite during the upcoming season. The two ECL Pro semi-final losers will each play one ECL Elite team ranked 13 or 14, cross-seeded according to the tiebreakers mentioned in 10.3. Teams that finish in places 9-12 will neither play in the playoffs nor be subject to relegation. All ECL Pro teams that finish in places 13-16 will play a cross-seeded relegation series, where all losers (4 in total) will be relegated instantly to ECL Lite.

In ECL Lite, an even number of teams that is as large as possible (8, 16, 32, 64...) will make the playoffs, in which they will be seeded best against worst across all conferences according to the tiebreakers mentioned in 10.3. All teams that reach the ECL Lite semi-finals are instantly promoted and will play ECL Pro during the upcoming season. All ECL Lite quarter-final losers will be prioritized for an ECL Pro spot during the upcoming season, in case these teams signed up, applied for an ECL Pro spot and the number of open spots in ECL Pro exceeds the number of promotions from ECL Lite as described in 4.2.

ECL Elite teams that need to skip a season for whatever reason are allowed to apply for an inactive status. This application needs to be directed towards League Administration during the sign-up phase for the season they need to skip. If a team becomes inactive, they will automatically be relegated from ECL Elite and are allowed to sign up for an additional ECL Pro spot during the next season if the entire roster before and after the break is identical. If this happens, ECL Pro will see an additional amount of teams during the next season, unless other ECL Pro teams disband. While 4.2 and 4.3 remain untouched and will be executed as if these additional teams were not present, 4.5 will be modified to include instant relegations to ECL Lite. Applying for an inactive status two seasons in a row is not possible.

The captain is considered to be owner of a team, its name and the divisional spot. ̶I̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶n̶̶a̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶a̶̶g̶̶r̶̶e̶̶e̶̶m̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶g̶̶a̶̶r̶̶d̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶w̶̶n̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶̶h̶̶i̶̶p̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶̶̶e̶̶.̶̶g̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶p̶̶t̶̶a̶̶i̶̶n̶̶/̶̶o̶̶w̶̶n̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶a̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶e̶̶a̶̶m̶̶m̶̶a̶̶t̶̶e̶̶s̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶v̶̶o̶̶l̶̶v̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶a̶̶r̶̶t̶̶i̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶e̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶o̶̶n̶̶t̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶L̶̶e̶̶a̶̶g̶̶u̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶A̶̶d̶̶m̶̶i̶̶n̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶r̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶e̶̶s̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶i̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶r̶̶g̶̶u̶̶m̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶.̶ Teams are allowed to switch their primary captaincy in the off-season only. To replace the captain, teams must stick to the following guidelines:

• If the captain supports a change of ownership...
    • ...the captaincy may be passed on to one assistant captain from the previous season if at least three other members from the previous season stay on the roster as well (option #1).
    • ...the captaincy may be passed on to a regular member from the previous season if no assistant captains are left, and a total of at least five regular members (including the future new captain) are still part of the roster. In this case, at least one assistant captaincy must be filled with one regular player from the previous season too (option #2).
  • If the captain does not support a change of ownership... 
    • ...a group including both assistant captains from the previous season and at least three other members who have played for the team in the previous season may take over the team. In this case, one of the two assistant captains becomes the new captain, while the other assistant captain must remain assistant captain.

̶I̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶w̶̶n̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶o̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶o̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶u̶̶p̶̶p̶̶o̶̶r̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶h̶̶a̶̶n̶̶g̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶w̶̶n̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶̶h̶̶i̶̶p̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶r̶̶o̶̶u̶̶p̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶r̶̶y̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶v̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶e̶̶a̶̶m̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶e̶̶e̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶c̶̶l̶̶u̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶o̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶s̶̶s̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶a̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶p̶̶t̶̶a̶̶i̶̶n̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶e̶̶a̶̶s̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶3̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶e̶̶m̶̶b̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶l̶̶a̶̶y̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶a̶̶i̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶e̶̶a̶̶m̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶e̶̶v̶̶i̶̶o̶̶u̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶e̶̶a̶̶s̶̶o̶̶n̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶I̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶w̶̶n̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶u̶̶p̶̶p̶̶o̶̶r̶̶t̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶h̶̶a̶̶n̶̶g̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶w̶̶n̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶̶h̶̶i̶̶p̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶r̶̶o̶̶u̶̶p̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶r̶̶y̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶v̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶e̶̶a̶̶m̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶e̶̶e̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶c̶̶l̶̶u̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶s̶̶s̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶a̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶p̶̶t̶̶a̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶e̶̶a̶̶s̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶3̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶e̶̶m̶̶b̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶l̶̶a̶̶y̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶a̶̶i̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶e̶̶a̶̶m̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶e̶̶v̶̶i̶̶o̶̶u̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶e̶̶a̶̶s̶̶o̶̶n̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶D̶̶u̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶m̶̶p̶̶o̶̶r̶̶t̶̶a̶̶n̶̶c̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶e̶̶n̶̶s̶̶i̶̶t̶̶i̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶a̶̶t̶̶u̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶p̶̶i̶̶c̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶a̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶t̶̶u̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶o̶̶o̶̶k̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶s̶̶e̶̶-̶̶b̶̶y̶̶-̶̶c̶̶a̶̶s̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶a̶̶s̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶L̶̶e̶̶a̶̶g̶̶u̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶A̶̶d̶̶m̶̶i̶̶n̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶r̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶I̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶s̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶u̶̶c̶̶c̶̶e̶̶s̶̶s̶̶f̶̶u̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶o̶̶v̶̶e̶̶r̶̶,̶ If there are two separate parties that fulfil the requirements mentioned above, League Administration may deploy additional requirements.

The new captain/owner acquires the team with its history and the current divisional spot - aside of the team name, which remains the earlier captain's/owner's property unless agreed otherwise. In case the earlier captain/owner denies the use of the name, the new captain/owner needs to find a new one and the original name will be blocked for any kind of use in future NHLGamer leagues/tournaments. 

Outside of the procedures described in 4.8, a divisional spot cannot be given away, sold or traded. ̶A̶̶n̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶t̶̶t̶̶e̶̶m̶̶p̶̶t̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶i̶̶r̶̶c̶̶u̶̶m̶̶v̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶u̶̶l̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶t̶̶r̶̶o̶̶s̶̶p̶̶e̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶v̶̶e̶̶l̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶e̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶r̶̶s̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶a̶̶n̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶v̶̶e̶̶r̶̶y̶̶o̶̶n̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶v̶̶o̶̶l̶̶v̶̶e̶̶d̶̶.̶

5.        Team Management Responsibilities

All managers (C and A) are representatives of the entire team, as such they are responsible for:

• Scheduling games
  • Ensuring their team complies with league/tournament rules at all times
  • Any communication with other managers and League Administration in the name of their team
  • Ensuring the team finishes all of its games

6.        League Administration

League Administration is responsible for hosting the league/tournament, enforcing the rules, investigating possible infractions and settling disputes between players and teams.

League Administration must stick to all of the written rules at any time. League Administration is allowed to add further clarification to existing rules if deemed necessary. If League Administration is required to process a case that is not covered by any of the existing rules, it is allowed to add new rules throughout a league/tournament to cover these scenarios.

League Administration will define any player or team penalties according to their severeness while keeping previous decisions in mind to ensure well-balanced decision making.

League Administration must agree on its actions by majority vote. League Administration members are given 24 hours to cast their vote from the time it was opened. If a member does not respond within 24 hours, he is excluded from the vote. After a decision has been made, League Administration will always ensure it acts as a single entity, not disclosing any individual votes to the public.

To contact League Administration, players must use the new support feature and choose ECL League Administration as the department. These messages are only visible to League Administration members and the person who sent the message. Do not use private messages to message individual League Administration members about LA issues.

̶L̶̶e̶̶a̶̶g̶̶u̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶A̶̶d̶̶m̶̶i̶̶n̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶r̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶u̶̶r̶̶r̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶l̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶o̶̶n̶̶s̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶l̶̶l̶̶o̶̶w̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶e̶̶m̶̶b̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶ The following members are currently part of League Administration: @Crisu_rottis@iRSPe, @Kenu, @Kookasi, @Panarinz, @Ranksu

League Administration members may be removed, added or replaced during a league/tournament.

Active bans announced by League Administration:

• Stefan_397 (PSN: Stefan_397): ̶D̶̶i̶̶s̶̶q̶̶u̶̶a̶̶l̶̶i̶̶f̶̶i̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶r̶̶o̶̶m̶̶ ̶̶E̶̶C̶̶L̶̶ ̶̶6̶̶,̶̶ ̶banned from all NHLGamer leagues and tournaments that take place or start in 2018, banned from being main captain (C) or assistant captain (A) indefinitely (may be lifted when deemed appropriate)
  • Alex28 (PSN: alexbvb28): ̶D̶̶i̶̶s̶̶q̶̶u̶̶a̶̶l̶̶i̶̶f̶̶i̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶r̶̶o̶̶m̶̶ ̶̶E̶̶C̶̶L̶̶ ̶̶6̶̶,̶̶ ̶banned from all NHLGamer leagues and tournaments that take place or start in 2018, banned from being main captain (C) or assistant captain (A) indefinitely (may be lifted when deemed appropriate)
  • Artuzio (PSN: Artuzio): Banned from being captain or assistant captain in ECL 7
  • Nieppii (PSN: Nieppii): Banned from being captain or assistant captain in ECL 7
  • PekkoWP (PSN: PekkoWP): Banned from being captain or assistant captain in ECL 7

7.        Team rules

Teams are only allowed to use players listed in their official roster on the NHLGamer.com main page. Players which are listed in the sign up post but were not invited to the team roster are not allowed to play.

Teams are allowed to forfeit a maximum of 4 games in one tournament without further consequences.̶ ̶̶F̶̶o̶̶r̶̶f̶̶e̶̶i̶̶t̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶o̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶a̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶r̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶i̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶d̶̶j̶̶u̶̶s̶̶t̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶d̶̶i̶̶v̶̶i̶̶d̶̶u̶̶a̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶t̶̶u̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶.̶̶ ̶By forfeiting, the opposing team will be given a walkover win.

8.        Fair Play

"Fair Play" is the most essential rule in any games carried out within a league/tournament on NHLGamer.com. In general, "Fair Play" describes the act of treating your opponent the way you would like to be treated. This includes communication, but also any actions which are directly or indirectly related towards gameplay. To give you an idea of what to avoid to comply with this Fair Play rule, here are a few examples:

• Do not attack your opponent with abusive language
  • Do not exploit game mechanics or bugs to put your opponent at a disadvantage (e.g. do not make use of any player stats exploits, de-sync glitches, freezes or similar)
  • Do not distract your opponent from playing the game (e.g. do not spam messages, do not call your opponent while he/she is in-game or similar)

̶8̶̶.̶̶2̶̶
̶̶D̶̶i̶̶s̶̶r̶̶e̶̶g̶̶a̶̶r̶̶d̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶F̶̶a̶̶i̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶P̶̶l̶̶a̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶u̶̶l̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶e̶̶a̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶i̶̶p̶̶l̶̶a̶̶i̶̶n̶̶a̶̶r̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶e̶̶p̶̶e̶̶n̶̶d̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶k̶̶i̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶f̶̶r̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶L̶̶e̶̶s̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶e̶̶v̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶f̶̶r̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶i̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶r̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶a̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶e̶̶a̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶o̶̶i̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶u̶̶s̶̶p̶̶e̶̶n̶̶s̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶a̶̶n̶̶s̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶i̶̶l̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶u̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶x̶̶p̶̶l̶̶o̶̶i̶̶t̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶l̶̶s̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶e̶̶a̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶a̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶v̶̶i̶̶t̶̶i̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶r̶̶r̶̶i̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶u̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶N̶̶H̶̶L̶̶G̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶r̶̶.̶̶c̶̶o̶̶m̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶s̶̶p̶̶e̶̶c̶̶i̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶s̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶o̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶s̶̶t̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶h̶̶a̶̶r̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶/̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶k̶̶n̶̶o̶̶w̶̶l̶̶e̶̶d̶̶g̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶L̶̶e̶̶a̶̶g̶̶u̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶A̶̶d̶̶m̶̶i̶̶n̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶r̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶i̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶u̶̶r̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶l̶̶l̶̶o̶̶w̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶p̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶E̶̶A̶̶ ̶̶S̶̶P̶̶O̶̶R̶̶T̶̶S̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶i̶̶x̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶x̶̶p̶̶l̶̶o̶̶i̶̶t̶̶s̶̶.̶

̶C̶̶u̶̶r̶̶r̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶l̶̶y̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶e̶̶w̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶u̶̶g̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶l̶̶i̶̶t̶̶c̶̶h̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶e̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶d̶̶r̶̶e̶̶s̶̶s̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶p̶̶e̶̶c̶̶i̶̶f̶̶i̶̶c̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶y̶ Please note the following bugs/glitches that are adressed specifically:

• Skaters/goalies stuck in freezes: There is a bug which leads to players (skaters and goalies) being freezed in buggy, unintended animations (e.g. goalies stuck in butterfly and unable to move, skaters down on the ice appearing to be "dead"), making it impossible for him/her to play the game temporarily or until the next stoppage. In case this bug occurs, teams are required to clear the puck as soon as they notice it. Regular animations that are intended by game developers, such as a goalie's sit down motion after a desperate save attempt, are not affected by this rule. If there are disagreements whether a goal scored during this time should count or not, teams may submit video proof to League Administration for review. Intentional, abusive usage (e.g. to hinder scoring chances) is considered exploiting the game ̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶e̶̶a̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶r̶̶s̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶i̶̶p̶̶l̶̶i̶̶n̶̶a̶̶r̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶T̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶u̶̶l̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶l̶̶s̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶p̶̶p̶̶l̶̶i̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶o̶̶a̶̶l̶̶i̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶t̶̶u̶̶c̶̶k̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶i̶̶m̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶i̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶o̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶o̶̶n̶̶t̶̶r̶̶o̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶V̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶o̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶e̶̶e̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶p̶̶t̶̶u̶̶r̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶a̶̶g̶̶r̶̶e̶̶e̶̶m̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶e̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶o̶̶a̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶h̶̶o̶̶u̶̶l̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶o̶̶u̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶o̶̶t̶̶.

• ̶F̶̶a̶̶c̶̶e̶̶o̶̶f̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶l̶̶a̶̶p̶̶s̶̶h̶̶o̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶i̶̶m̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶s̶̶:̶̶ ̶̶T̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶l̶̶i̶̶t̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶o̶̶w̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶u̶̶r̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶l̶̶a̶̶p̶̶s̶̶h̶̶o̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶i̶̶m̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶a̶̶c̶̶e̶̶o̶̶f̶̶f̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶T̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶l̶̶a̶̶p̶̶s̶̶h̶̶o̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶i̶̶m̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶e̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶l̶̶a̶̶y̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶s̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶a̶̶c̶̶k̶̶h̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶e̶̶h̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶u̶̶t̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶p̶̶p̶̶o̶̶n̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶'̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶a̶̶d̶̶v̶̶a̶̶n̶̶t̶̶a̶̶g̶̶e̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶U̶̶s̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶l̶̶i̶̶t̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶e̶̶a̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶a̶̶n̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶a̶̶i̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶l̶̶a̶̶y̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶v̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶o̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶o̶̶v̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶d̶̶.̶

• ̶F̶̶a̶̶c̶̶e̶̶o̶̶f̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶o̶̶k̶̶e̶̶c̶̶h̶̶e̶̶c̶̶k̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶l̶̶i̶̶t̶̶c̶̶h̶̶:̶̶ ̶̶T̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶l̶̶i̶̶t̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶v̶̶o̶̶l̶̶v̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶R̶̶1̶̶/̶̶R̶̶B̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶u̶̶t̶̶t̶̶o̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶i̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶v̶̶e̶̶r̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶i̶̶g̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶h̶̶a̶̶n̶̶c̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶n̶̶n̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶a̶̶c̶̶e̶̶o̶̶f̶̶f̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶e̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶s̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶p̶̶e̶̶c̶̶i̶̶f̶̶i̶̶c̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶y̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶T̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶i̶̶m̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶a̶̶s̶̶i̶̶l̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶u̶̶i̶̶s̶̶h̶̶a̶̶b̶̶l̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶r̶̶o̶̶m̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶g̶̶u̶̶l̶̶a̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶a̶̶c̶̶e̶̶o̶̶f̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶n̶̶s̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶L̶̶e̶̶a̶̶g̶̶u̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶A̶̶d̶̶m̶̶i̶̶n̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶r̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶c̶̶o̶̶m̶̶m̶̶e̶̶n̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶o̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶s̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶R̶̶1̶̶/̶̶R̶̶B̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶u̶̶t̶̶t̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶a̶̶c̶̶e̶̶o̶̶f̶̶f̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶U̶̶s̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶l̶̶i̶̶t̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶e̶̶a̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶a̶̶n̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶v̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶o̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶o̶̶v̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶d̶̶.̶

9.        Scheduling

Games should be played on the official game day and at the time displayed in the league/tournament schedule. Official game days are on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Teams are scheduled to play both games against a group stage opponent on the same game day, with the recommended game times being 20:00 CE(S)T and 20:30 CE(S)T. Please refer to CEST during summer time and CET during winter time, to avoid confusion. This is a basic guideline which proved to be suitable for most teams, and should be kept in mind whenever teams are planning their games.

Teams are allowed to postpone any of their games before 12:00 CE(S)T on the day the game is supposed to take place according to the schedule. To meet this deadline, it is sufficient to submit a message to all three of the opponent's captains via private messages on NHLGamer. When doing so, teams must adhere to the following procedure:

• If a team asks to postpone a game, then they have the option of moving said game to any of the two directly subsequent default game days, including any non-default days in between (green area in the picture below). The team is obligated to propose the possible alternative days as soon as the team asks their opponent to move the games - "dragging it out" to bypass the second part of the procedure below is not allowed. If the opponent is able to play on one of the proposed days, the game takes place on this day. If the opponent is not able to play on the suggested alternative days and no viable solution is in sight, both parties need to involve League Administration immediately. League Administration will assist in finding a solution.

Example: Team A and Team B are scheduled to play on Monday. Team A is not able to play that day, thus they are asking their opponent to play on Tuesday or Thursday the same week. As both days are within the time frame described above (green area in the picture below), the teams now either play on said days, or contact League Administration if Team B is not able to play on the suggested days and both teams are having issues in finding a solution on their own.

• If a team asks to postpone the game to a later day (red area in the picture below), the opponent can either agree or disagree. If the opponent agrees, the game takes place at a later day which suits both teams (in compliance with the next scheduling ̶r̶̶u̶̶l̶̶e̶ paragraph 9.3 below). If the opponent disagrees:
    • League Administration needs to be involved (ECL Pro and ECL Lite)
    • the opponent receives walkover wins for the affected games (ECL Elite)

Outside of ECL Elite, League Administration will always try to ensure all games are played, however if one or both teams were obviously at fault by disregarding rules or lacking spirit to play games, or if other teams are affected by a delay (e.g. if the next playoff round cannot start on time), walkover wins/losses can be used to resolve this situation.

Example: Team A and Team B are scheduled to play on Thursday. Team A is not able to play that day, thus they are asking their opponent to play on Thursday the next week. This day is out of the time frame described in the first paragraph, thus the opponent can either agree or disagree to rescheduling the game. If Team B agrees, the game will be played on the day both teams agreed on. If Team B disagrees, both teams need to contact League Administration which will assess the individual situation (ECL Pro and ECL Lite) / Team B receives walkover wins (ECL Elite).

• Games may only be postponed once to ensure teams do not abuse the procedure in the first bullet point above to move them around multiple times. If a team notices misbehaviour, it is expected to inform League Administration about it.

rescheduling.png

Regular season games and playoff games can be played ahead of schedule. Regular season games must be played 10 days after official game day at the latest (note: white area in above picture is outside of this timeframe, thus the game must be played ̶o̶̶n̶ by Thursday in week 2 at the latest). All regular season games in ECL Elite must be finished by November 26th 2018. All regular season games in ECL Pro must be finished by November 16th 2018. All regular season games in ECL Lite must be finished by November 2nd 2018All games in a playoff series must be finished 7 days after the first scheduled game day, which may be different from the official game days, at the latest.

All games in playoff series' must be finished as listed below:

ECL Elite:

• Quarterfinals: 27.11.-4.12.
  • Semifinals: 5.-13.12.
  • Finals: 14.- 20.12.

ECL Pro:

• Playoffs Round 1: 19. - 25.11.
  • Quarterfinals: 26.11. - 2.12. 
  • Semifinals: 3.-9.12.
  • Finals: 10.-16.12.

ECL Lite:

• Playoffs Round 1: 5.-12.11.
  • Playoffs Round 2: 13.-19.11.
  • Playoffs Round 3: 20.-26.11.
  • Quarterfinals: 27.11-3.12.
  • Semifinals: 4.-10.12.
  • Finals: 11.-17.12.

In case there are any unplayed games after these deadlines have passed, League Administration will investigate the issue and hand out either walkover wins for the team that was more active in trying to get the games scheduled and played in time, ̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶walkover losses for both teams (only applicable to regular season games) or allow an extension as a last resort if there is no clear way of resolving the situation.

After teams have agreed to postpone or play a game ahead of schedule in written form, they must make use of the rescheduling tool available inside the league/tournament schedule to reflect this change on NHLGamer. To use the tool, find the affected matchup in the schedule and click the "Reschedule" button below puck drop time. Afterwards, the opponent's captains must confirm this action by visiting the main page, where they are alerted by a popup notification.

During the regular season, teams will play two games against each of their conference opponents. All playoff-style games will take place as a best-of-7 series in which the better team will play home first. Afterwards, the right to play at home will alternate.

If a team is more than 15 minutes late to a game without prior notice, the opposing team has the right to request a walkover win. These requests will be looked at by the League Administration and depending on the reason, walkover wins/losses can be given out. To solve these requests we require proof from both teams.

10.        Game rules

All tournament games are to be played 6 versus 6 in "Challenge Club" mode.

A regular win is awarded with 2 points, an OT win is awarded with 2 points, an OT loss is awarded with 1 point and a regular loss is awarded 0 points.

If teams are tied in points at the end of the regular season, the following tie-breakers will be applied in the order they are listed:

• Wins (including OT-wins)
  • Head-to-head record (points in mutual games)
  • Goal difference
  • Scored goals

The away team's jersey is required to be mainly white or very light in color with white or very light colored helmets. Home team jerseys are required to be dark or brightly colored with dark or brightly colored helmets. The main point is that home and away teams should be easily distinguishable from each other. The away team is responsible for switching the uniforms prior to the game.

The following customization options are currently banned from being used in league/tournament games:

• Arena -> Goal post color: Goal posts cannot be white, blue or another bright color that makes it harder to distinct from the ice color. Teams are advised to immediately quit and entirely restart a game if any misbehaviour is noticed.

Teams are allowed to use pauses during stoppages in play during games. Pauses should not be used before the first face-off.

Players are not allowed to challenge for a fight during a faceoff nor against a player who is either in possession of the puck, or would be the first one pick up a loose puck. Note, however, that if a player delivers a big hit, gets the puck and the fight challenge comes up, the opposing team is allowed to take the fight, because the player delivering the hit is regarded as initiating the fight challenge. Initiating a fight with a player that is not in possession of the puck or in close proximity of the puck is allowed.

Teams are allowed to leave a game before the 2-minute mark of the first period if they experience significant lag, if a player has disconnected during those 2 minutes or if other glitches appear. The game is to be started again, with a new host if demanded by the team that experienced the lag. This process can only be used 2 times for a given game. On the 3rd start the game has to be played regardless of lag for either team. If a goal is scored during the first 2 minutes before anyone has disconnected from the game (due to lag, as described above), it counts towards the game, even if either team would like to try and get a better connection. If there is a disagreement regarding whether or not the goal should count, teams are expected to provide League Administration with video material to prove their case.

With the exception of the first 2 minutes of a game, no player is allowed to quit a game midway on purpose.

Player disconnects outside of the first 2 minutes and desynced/looped games need to be handled according to the following procedure:

• The game needs to be quit at the next stoppage. One player from each team is expected to record all stats.
  • A new game must be started with the same host as the previous game. The remaining time will be played in this new game. Teams are advised to wait for the clock to run down to the time when the original game ended and complete it regularly, but are also allowed to use a different procedure of their own if both parties agree. Afterwards, both teams record all stats from this second portion of the original game.
  • In the end, stats for both relevant portions of the games need to be merged, to report the whole game on NHLGamer.com. This whole procedure can be repeated multiple times, in case players drop out more than once during one scheduled game.
  • If the team of the skater who disconnected was on the penalty kill when the disconnection happened, it must take measures to be on the same PK (same player(s) in the box) again for the full 2 minutes to start the remainder of the game. Delay of game by dumping the puck over the boards in the team's own zone is the suggested penalty to get this done as quickly as possible.

In case the clock resets to an earlier state, which can happen at any point in a game due to connection issues, and thus removes scored goals from the scoreboard, teams are required to recreate any goals that were affected by a reset. The game continues immediately after the original score is back in place.

11.        Match report

A match report must be initiated by the home team. On a usual gameday, this means both opponents each initiate one report.

To report matches that were completed in a single session without any disconnects, the home team uses the the API reporting tool to record stats and events for both teams. The away team is not involved. To access the API reporting tool, click on the division your team plays in below:

ECL Elite 
ECL Pro 
ECL Lite 

Alternatively, the API reporting tool can be accessed by selecting "Team tools" -> "Add match (EA API)" from the top right corner on the main page. After an ECL game was completed in challenge mode, it may take up to 60 minutes for a game to show up in the API reporting tool (though usually it takes much less time).

To report matches that were disconnected at some point during a game, the home team uses the manual reporting tool to report general game stats and the home team's individual player stats and events. After this is submitted, the away team must report their team's individual player stats and events by completing the match report from within the API reporting tool (see URLs posted in 11.2). To access the manual reporting tool, click on the division your team plays in below:

ECL Elite 
ECL Pro 
ECL Lite 

Alternatively, the manual reporting tool is also linked within the API reporting tool, to make captains aware of the fact that disconnected games cannot be reported with the API reporting tool.

All match reports must be submitted within 24 hours after the game is completed, but as a general rule teams are expected to submit the stats immediately.

All stats reported must correspond with the figures in game and proof for all stats (game overview, events and individual stats) needs to be saved for the entire tournament in case any investigation is required.

12.        Division-specific rules

ECL Elite teams...

• ...are required to stream and archive all of their games to either Twitch or YouTube by either using their personal equipment or built in console features. One stream per match is sufficient, however both teams are allowed to stream simultaneously. Furthermore, streams must be published on NHLGamer via the "Start a stream" page prior to puck drop (note: "Start a stream" is currently only available for Twitch and not applicable to YouTube). Teams are advised to contact each other timely to ensure coverage. In case teams cannot agree on a streamer, each team is required to ensure live coverage of its home game. Completeness of streams and archives will be monitored regularly and in case an unusually high quota of missing matches is noticed, League Administration may follow up.
    • Twitch archiving: Go to the dashboard, select channel settings, scroll down and enable "Store past broadcasts". After the stream is finished, go to the Video Manager, click on the three dots to the right of a video and select "Highlight". From there, save the entire video as a highlight (otherwise your stream will disappear after 14 days).
    • YouTube archiving: This happens automatically.

• ...are given the option to buy themselves an ECL Elite license and enter a voluntary ECL Elite prize pool, where the following terms and conditions apply:
    • The prize pool will only be distributed across teams that have purchased the ECL Elite license
    • The ECL Elite license costs 120 € per team and will be collected and submitted by the team captain
    • The captain who collects and pays the team license must be 18 years or older
    • Teams can pay via bank transfer or PayPal (service fees apply)
    • At this time, NHLGamer is considered a non-profit organization, thus 0% VAT apply to the license fee submissions
    • NHLGamer keeps 8% of "license fee" minus "service fees" minus "VAT" to improve and grow the service
    • Prize pool = ECL Elite license fee submissions - service fees - VAT - NHLGamer fee
    • ECL Elite teams ranked #3 and #4 will receive 120 €. The ECL Elite winners are set to receive  5/6 of the remaining prize pool and ECL Elite runner-ups are set to receive 1/6 of the remaining prize pool
    • Before the start of the season, teams that are eligible for a prize need to specify individual player shares towards NHLGamer. If there are trades during the season, the share information should be updated

• In order to prevent abuse, NHLGamer will pay out any winnings to each individual player instead of only the team captain

• Finnish players are responsible for their own taxation in the case of prize money. For foreign players, a withholding tax of 15% will be automatically deducted from the payment. NHLGamer will report all winnings to the tax authorities.
    • The ECL Elite license fees will be used in their entirety to organize leagues, tournaments, competitions and for prize money and developing the service

13.        Recruitment and transfers

The deadline for transfers is set to 23:59 CE(S)T, on the following days:
ECL Elite: 11.11.2018
ECL Pro: 4.11.2018
ECL Lite: 24.10.2018

Teams are also allowed to recruit free agents until the trade deadline. Both the player and team must mutually agree to being picked up from the free agents.

Teams are allowed to release a player from their roster, provided this doesn’t violate the roster size rule. If a player is released or transferred to another team and thus the roster size is temporarily below the limit mentioned in 2.2, the team has 24 hours to invite a new player to the team to meet the rule again, otherwise it will be disqualified. Released players cannot go back to the team that released them and their next move is considered a transfer from the team that released them.

Team captains are not allowed to be transferred during a league/tournament. Team assistant captains are allowed to transfer in case the team captain agrees to a transfer. In case the team captain disagrees, an assistant captain is not allowed to be transferred to another team. This paragraph also applies if a team is not able to finish the tournament for whatever reason.

Regular players are allowed to transfer once per tournament from a team to another, unless the move would violate the roster size rule.

Players are not allowed to be transferred to a team they had previously left during a league/tournament.

Teams may add up to 3 transferred players for the duration of the league/tournament.

If a team is disqualified, its managers are banned from the league/tournament. The other roster players are free to transfer to another team, unless they were proven involved in the disqualification of their team, in which case they are also banned.

̶1̶̶4̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶ ̶̶ ̶̶ ̶̶ ̶̶ ̶̶ ̶̶ ̶̶S̶̶p̶̶e̶̶c̶̶i̶̶f̶̶i̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶f̶̶r̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶s̶

̶1̶̶4̶̶.̶̶1̶̶
̶̶V̶̶i̶̶o̶̶l̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶e̶̶m̶̶b̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶g̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶r̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶u̶̶l̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶(̶̶s̶̶e̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶1̶̶.̶̶3̶̶)̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶s̶̶u̶̶l̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶e̶̶r̶̶m̶̶a̶̶n̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶c̶̶c̶̶o̶̶u̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶a̶̶n̶̶.̶̶

̶̶1̶̶4̶̶.̶̶2̶̶
̶̶I̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶e̶̶a̶̶m̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶n̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶p̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶e̶̶w̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶l̶̶a̶̶y̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶a̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶q̶̶u̶̶i̶̶r̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶z̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶u̶̶l̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶(̶̶s̶̶e̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶2̶̶.̶̶2̶̶)̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶2̶̶4̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶d̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶l̶̶a̶̶y̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶o̶̶m̶̶p̶̶l̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶u̶̶l̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶g̶̶a̶̶i̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶w̶̶i̶̶s̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶e̶̶a̶̶m̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶q̶̶u̶̶a̶̶l̶̶i̶̶f̶̶i̶̶e̶̶d̶̶.̶̶

̶̶1̶̶4̶̶.̶̶3̶̶
̶̶V̶̶i̶̶o̶̶l̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶o̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶o̶̶n̶̶d̶̶u̶̶c̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶(̶̶s̶̶e̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶3̶̶.̶̶)̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶s̶̶u̶̶l̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶l̶̶a̶̶y̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶a̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶e̶̶n̶̶g̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶i̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶e̶̶f̶̶i̶̶n̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶l̶̶l̶̶o̶̶w̶̶s̶̶:̶̶

• ̶̶2̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶i̶̶r̶̶s̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶f̶̶e̶̶n̶̶s̶̶e̶̶
  • ̶̶6̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶e̶̶c̶̶o̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶f̶̶e̶̶n̶̶s̶̶e̶̶
  • ̶̶T̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶n̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶a̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶3̶̶r̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶f̶̶e̶̶n̶̶s̶̶e̶̶
  • ̶̶S̶̶t̶̶r̶̶o̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶v̶̶i̶̶o̶̶l̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶a̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶e̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶o̶̶n̶̶g̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶a̶̶n̶̶s̶̶

14.        Definitions

“League/Tournament start” is the date of the first game played in the tournament.

“League/Tournament end” is after the end of the final game of the tournament.

“Game” is defined by a home team and an away team.

“Managers” of a team are the captain and the assistants.

"Players" of a team are all members on the website roster, including the captain and assistant captains.

“Transfer” is the movement of a player from a team to another. A player is on a team as soon as he is displayed as such on NHLGamer.

“Recruitment” is the addition of a free agent by a team.

“Free Agent” is a member of NHLGamer who has not been registered to any team during a league/tournament.

“Disqualification” is when a team gets removed from the tournament. A disqualified team has all its games cancelled, played or unplayed.

“Ban” is a player punishment. Ban length depends on the infraction made by the player. A player banned for N games is not allowed to play the next N games scheduled for their team at the time of the ban. As such, if the team schedule is changed the games the banned player has to skip remain the same.

“Infraction” is the act of breaking any rule described in this document.

“Walkover” is a team punishment in the form of an automatic 5-0 or X-X result. 5-0 is the result of one team being at fault for various reasons described in the rules above. X-X is the result of both teams being at fault, and means both teams receive 0 points for a game.

"Trade deadline" is the moment when transfers are not allowed anymore until the end of a tournament.

"League/Tournament game" is the official game according to NHLGamer stats. In the case of disconnection, the tournament game consists of parts of two or more games.

"Desynced/looped game" describes a game that has been disconnected without player interaction.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HellsinkiButcher said:

Now when team tools are open do I invite my team or how does it work? 

Yes, go for it! :)

• Like 1

19 minuuttia sitten, Nykape. kirjoitti:

Can the games be played without a helmet or is it forced to play with a helmet?

Helmet on, safety first!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love it! 3
  • Haha 5

Is the API reporting tool working or not? Earlier it was stated that it isn't working and I haven't seen an update, yet the issue isn't adressed in rules

1 minute ago, Mikka said:

Is the API reporting tool working or not? Earlier it was stated that it isn't working and I haven't seen an update, yet the issue isn't adressed in rules

Currently not. We have received some new information and we can get it working again, but we want to double check that it's working properly.

• Thanks 1

2 tuntia sitten, ramseyy2 kirjoitti:

rule 10.7, so fighting is allowed in ecl🤔

Ofc it is.

Edited by swagx88

3 hours ago, twistedcoopa said:

hello im just wondering when the next team registration will be available please

logo.jpg

Late December or early January. TBC.