Disciplinary Actions: HC Circus

48 minutes ago, MartindalexC said:

Please, I'm acting like this because appearing in the manner you have suggested has gotten no where in the past. Besides I'm just pissed at this entire site in general but that's something for another day.

Although I am curious if any of these so called 'discussions' have led to anything substantial before, all it feels like at the moment is a bit of fake democracy (ie: say people have a choice and can make decisions but in reality they can't do anything).

Additionally, pray tell how I look more childish than the guy calling the admins Nazis? Nice filter you've got going there. 

As always - you can leave if you're having such a bad time here. Nobody is forcing you to stay here.

Edited by OxtreeLAT

To be straight i aint here to complain about my bans or anything. Im only writing this message to shed some light why my teammates Bomba, Valmuri and Jesse were raging here, since the boys cant do that with proper language. I dont know exactly what Jesse write to janbo but it was about those "false" accusiatons. Even though those accusiatons were "false", it seemed like half of old finnish PS3 community know about the punishments before these punishments were published. 9_9 Coincidence right? From the same source i know that they were not going to ban whole team from the tournament at first, but since Jesse raised out these questions the whole team was banned.

But for now since  @MartindalexC demanded this, i would like to apologize for the whole community and especially my teammates. I wish good luck to all the teams for the rest of the games. Now i have time to drink some Koskenkorva so i will be fucking dangerous in the next NHL. See you in the next NHL!

Sincerely 

Pair4You

12583839_1544179365893761_138617107_n.jpg

Edited by Pair4You

Lot of hyperbole going on in the last bunch of posts. 

Kenu's reasoning behind the WO after 80% GP thing is wrong imo (if I'm a team that spent so many man hours entering the stats of 2 losses against the quitting team, I'd rather the points others had be cancelled than my hard work be aknowledged) but Janbo's argument is valid. In the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal anyway and the rules were even worse (50% threshold) before so meh...

Now as far as punishing the entire team for its manager's actions... It may look/be unfair but it is supposed to be a deterrent. I am not siding for or against this very very harsh ruling, but I think the goal is to make you all realize that you should know better than to choose idiot managers to play for, and managers should know that their action have a real impact on their whole team. 

@MartindalexC To tell you the truth this website is not a democracy. It's more like a business, if you don't like it don't use it type of thing. Ofc the guys in charge listen to people to a certain extent but you won't force them to. 

@janbonator The team is disqualified alright, but wpuld the players have been able to join other clubs if that happened before the trade deadline? 

2 minutes ago, janbonator said:

I strongly suggest this be the last time you claim me having said something I haven't. I told you that you can schedule your remaining games with the assumption that all players except for Pairii are eligible for the unscheduled games.

Why would you say that if you will ban whole team? 

• ECL Staff
3 minutes ago, Billy44205 said:

Lot of hyperbole going on in the last bunch of posts. 

Kenu's reasoning behind the WO after 80% GP thing is wrong imo (if I'm a team that spent so many man hours entering the stats of 2 losses against the quitting team, I'd rather the points others had be cancelled than my hard work be aknowledged) but Janbo's argument is valid. In the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal anyway and the rules were even worse (50% threshold) before so meh...

Now as far as punishing the entire team for its manager's actions... It may look/be unfair but it is supposed to be a deterrent. I am not siding for or against this very very harsh ruling, but I think the goal is to make you all realize that you should know better than to choose idiot managers to play for, and managers should know that their action have a real impact on their whole team. 

@MartindalexC To tell you the truth this website is not a democracy. It's more like a business, if you don't like it don't use it type of thing. Ofc the guys in charge listen to people to a certain extent but you won't force them to. 

@janbonator The team is disqualified alright, but wpuld the players have been able to join other clubs if that happened before the trade deadline? 

You raise a point about this site being more like a business, but is that entirely the correct way that people (ie: Kenu) should be approaching this? Besides, what even is the point in even asking for input if only the select few will be heard, seems a little counter-intuitive. Plus, if we are treating it like a business, it's more like a monopoly at this point since there's no where else with this many teams running these tournaments, so people telling me to fuck off because I'm complaining are a little dim in the head. 

Edited by MartindalexC

8 minutes ago, MartindalexC said:

Hmmm, please direct me to a site that is doing European EASHL 6s tournaments... yea about that.

Nice try tho

THEN FUCKING DEAL WITH IT. Plenty of people here are having a great time. Not all things are gonna go your way and you're not gonna last long in any community if you plan to throw tantrums left and right just because you have a different opinion.

We've seen that people are always welcome here to express their opinions and give their input. Just quit proclaiming that only your opinions and suggestions are correct and that everyone should follow them. You're only making yourself look bad with this childish behavior.

• ECL Staff
Just now, OxtreeLAT said:

THEN FUCKING DEAL WITH IT. Plenty of people here are having a great time. Not all things are gonna go your way and you're not gonna last long in any community if you plan to throw tantrums left and right just because you have a different opinion.

We've seen that people are always welcome here to express their opinions and give their input. Just quit proclaiming that only your opinions and suggestions are correct and that everyone should follow them. You're only making yourself look bad with this childish behavior.

Ha, so instead of voicing my opinion I should just straight up shut up and 'deal with it', man you should go into politics with thinking like that.

And yes, you are correct that not everything will go my way but out of what I have said, what is completely unique to me? The ban on Pair? Nope. The WO rule with a banned team? Nope, Billy also thinks it's stupid. How the site is setup so that any discussion can ultimately get immediately veto'd? Well I know I'm not alone in thinking that.

Believe it or not, but there are a lot more members on here besides those that post a lot, unfortunately most that actually do post are so far up this site's ass they're gonna need a toothbrush soon. 

And dude, this isn't my first tournament so don't try to talk smack to me about not lasting. Better to have some criticism than a bunch of yes men which is what this site is turning into, but w/e, this site completely perfect and anyone that complains about it should be banned right? Sick.

2 minutes ago, MartindalexC said:

Ha, so instead of voicing my opinion I should just straight up shut up and 'deal with it', man you should go into politics with thinking like that.

And yes, you are correct that not everything will go my way but out of what I have said, what is completely unique to me? The ban on Pair? Nope. The WO rule with a banned team? Nope, Billy also thinks it's stupid. How the site is setup so that any discussion can ultimately get immediately veto'd? Well I know I'm not alone in thinking that.

Believe it or not, but there are a lot more members on here besides those that post a lot, unfortunately most that actually do post are so far up this site's ass they're gonna need a toothbrush soon. 

And dude, this isn't my first tournament so don't try to talk smack to me about not lasting. Better to have some criticism than a bunch of yes men which is what this site is turning into, but w/e, this site completely perfect and anyone that complains about it should be banned right? Sick.

Where did I say that you have to shut up? I even encouraged you to express your opinions. Just stop proclaiming them as the best fucking thing since sliced bread and throwing tantrums if anyone disagrees with you.

Constructive criticism is always great, throwing meaningless insults and childish tantrums... not so much.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Billy44205 said:

Solid post as always, Billy. Yes, the players would have been able to join another team if this had happened before the trade deadline.

30 minutes ago, oGBioLan said:

Why would you say that if you will ban whole team? 

At that point the investigation was still ongoing, and there had been no other decisions made yet except for Pairii's suspension. Your team told me that you were in a hurry to hear the decision, as you had very limited days for playing the rest of the games.

P.S. Kudos to Pairii for the apology.

Mä oon nytten kattonut tätä touhua ja voin sanoo että ecl stereotypiät vähenee. Alussa tää näytti hyvältä uskottomattomat sivut. Mukavat toivotukset liigaan. yms Tää on mun oma mielipide ei liity kehenkään muuhun. Olen suoraan sanotusti pettynyt, ehkä omat lähtökuvitelmat olivat liian yliampuvia. Gm:ien (komitean) yhteystyö ei näytä toimivan. kyllä mä ymmärrän ogbiolania kiva antaa eka toivoa ja sitten tulee ilmoitus että hei bännit. ja mielestäni gm.ien pitäisi olla ymmärtävämpiä. tossa jessen jutussa voi hyvin tehdä johtopäätöksiä että juttu vuotaa kuin seula. ja viime aikoina on tullut sitä keppiä runsaalla kädellä. esim tuw haki  mahdollisuutta yhteen lisäpelaajaan koska 6 rosteris niin vastaus ei saa liittyä jajos ei pystytä pelaa loppuun niin lisä sanktiot. wtf En uskonjut silmiäni!!! Kyllä gm:ät ovat tehneet lukemattomia hyviä ratkaisuja. mutta nämä jotkut eivät uppoa mun päähän. joten jos nyt otetaan sitä tiukempaa pipoa pois päästä. tänne tultu pelaamaan, eikä noin hepposin perustein jengejä pois kiitos! ps. kaikilla kunniotuksella.

• Members
38 minutes ago, MartindalexC said:

You raise a point about this site being more like a business, but is that entirely the correct way that people (ie: Kenu) should be approaching this? Besides, what even is the point in even asking for input if only the select few will be heard, seems a little counter-intuitive. Plus, if we are treating it like a business, it's more like a monopoly at this point since there's no where else with this many teams running these tournaments, so people telling me to fuck off because I'm complaining are a little dim in the head. 

I think you've "been heard" more than anyone to register on this site. Your complaints (because yes, they came across as more complaints than valid criticism) about rules etc. at the start of the tournament were numerous, loud and brash. I'd venture as far and say that outside of the admins you probably have one of the highest post counts on this site.

Just start acting like an adult and voice your concerns with some class and respect (Billy is a prime example of this, he disagreed but made a well thought out post as to why) instead of just throwing out "fuck this, fuck that and fuck this in particular" and I think you will see your validity skyrocket.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tuukka.R said:

Mä oon nytten kattonut tätä touhua ja voin sanoo että ecl stereotypiät vähenee. Alussa tää näytti hyvältä uskottomattomat sivut. Mukavat toivotukset liigaan. yms Tää on mun oma mielipide ei liity kehenkään muuhun. Olen suoraan sanotusti pettynyt, ehkä omat lähtökuvitelmat olivat liian yliampuvia. Gm:ien (komitean) yhteystyö ei näytä toimivan. kyllä mä ymmärrän ogbiolania kiva antaa eka toivoa ja sitten tulee ilmoitus että hei bännit. ja mielestäni gm.ien pitäisi olla ymmärtävämpiä. tossa jessen jutussa voi hyvin tehdä johtopäätöksiä että juttu vuotaa kuin seula. ja viime aikoina on tullut sitä keppiä runsaalla kädellä. esim tuw haki  mahdollisuutta yhteen lisäpelaajaan koska 6 rosteris niin vastaus ei saa liittyä jajos ei pystytä pelaa loppuun niin lisä sanktiot. wtf En uskonjut silmiäni!!! Kyllä gm:ät ovat tehneet lukemattomia hyviä ratkaisuja. mutta nämä jotkut eivät uppoa mun päähän. joten jos nyt otetaan sitä tiukempaa pipoa pois päästä. tänne tultu pelaamaan, eikä noin hepposin perustein jengejä pois kiitos! ps. kaikilla kunniotuksella.

English please 8)

• Like 1

• ECL Staff
21 minutes ago, OxtreeLAT said:

Where did I say that you have to shut up? I even encouraged you to express your opinions. Just stop proclaiming them as the best fucking thing since sliced bread and throwing tantrums if anyone disagrees with you.

Constructive criticism is always great, throwing meaningless insults and childish tantrums... not so much.

You see the thing is, I did do that before, legit go through my post history, you'll see the post quality gradually decrease as I begin to realise that very little will actually be changed. Seriously, I implore you go through all of these topics and see how much has actually changed even on the most basic of decisions (such as a player dropping mid period for example), so yea, pardon me for losing a little faith in the system so to speak. 

• Administrators

Lots of quality discussion going on in this thread that deserves a comment, but unfortunately I don't have the time to do so at the moment. I have to comment on this though:

7 minutes ago, imosi said:

......And what I've heard that one of the admins have commented on this case and figured it out with his own teamates, even though the investigation was still going on. Not cool imo.. :/

Yes, we've heard this rumour as well and if this was the case, that would indeed be very wrong and condemnable. We've investigated this and asked for any proof of these claims and we've received nothing that proves these claims. We have discussed this internally beforehand and agreed that nobody talks about this (which of course should be the case in any case) and as far as we are aware, nobody has. I would appreciate if respected members of the community, such as yourself @imosi wouldn't spread rumours, unless you have something to back this up.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you know something we don't. Thank you.

Just now, Kenu said:

Lots of quality discussion going on in this thread that deserves a comment, but unfortunately I don't have the time to do so at the moment. I have to comment on this though:

Yes, we've heard this rumour as well and if this was the case, that would indeed be very wrong and condemnable. We've investigated this and asked for any proof of these claims and we've received nothing that proves these claims. We have discussed this internally beforehand and agreed that nobody talks about this (which of course should be the case in any case) and as far as we are aware, nobody has. I would appreciate if respected members of the community, such as yourself @imosi wouldn't spread rumours, unless you have something to back this up.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you know something we don't. Thank you.

Ask Lurkki 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Billy44205 said:

@MartindalexC Very little will be changed for sure as long as this ECL is still under way. You just have to be more patient. Give them at least one offseason before you start the revolution, man. 

Thank you @Billy44205.

Like @MartindalexC, I'm disappointed by some of the things we haven't been able to accomplish during this first season. I've had some big things happening in my personal life, which I won't go into publicly, but will mention that they've drained my personal energy levels to a personal low and are one reason why I haven't been able to be as active as I wanted to.

I actually liked the idea about keeping the game stats and giving every team the points in the case of a disqualification or similar. Thanks for the feedback - definitely worth considering!