Unequal teams in this tournament?

Now we are fed up for this whole show so i really wanna write this whole story for all of you guys.

Can someone explain that why The United Knights are going to say how and when we play and it feels that they don’t have any rules in this tournament?

Whats going on at the moment? well, ill tell you.

We have playoff 2nd round (edit: i mean first round was against bombers hockey)  games going on with The United Knights. Round started on last thursday (11.2) and we did play 2 games. Games are 1-1 at the moment. After 2 games TUK players saying that no more games because they wanna go sleep and they also have early wake up in the morning. In the beginning we also asked that can we start 15 min later our games that we can play one warmup game before ECL but answer was no. Now i understand why.. OK but thats fine.. we took extra player to roster and we got warmup game.

Next the plan was continue those games on friday (12.2), but on friday TUK said that ”We have roster problems and we got extra days till wednesday”. OK thats fine again.

Well we decided to play training games on friday in any case, because we really don’t have extra players at our team at the moment. We have 2 goalkeepers and one forward Arska who is not playing this game at all. 1 forward and 1defenceman are in a military service. We tried to get more players to our roster, but Admins said no too late and because we have rules. Its great that we have rules, right??

Well do you have any idea who was our first opponent on friday during our training games? Well it was The United Knights. I thought that you guys had roster problem? seems like you don’t.. You guys were playing exactly with same roster than thursday against us? :)

Rules? Some kind of penalty for TUK? Aah no. Thats fine again.

Then we said to TUK that can we play on sunday? Answer was ”It seems we have enough players on Tuesday but on Wednesday we have 6 for sure”. One funny thing also in this whole story is that 1 of TUK players is on a holiday and surprise coming back on wednesday.

Admins said that ”just try to play those games”. Seriously? o.O what do you think that we are trying to do all the time???

Our guys have totally different life and rhythm. Some guys work evening, nights, mornings. We are changing our shifts and schedules for this playoff serie. We are canceling our meetings and social life things for this serie.

Well, we were supposed to play 3 games yesterday (17.2 wednesday). How about that yesterdays game? well you can watch that stream if you like so.

Game was good and lots of action, but I’m still wondering how did you.. everyone of your team did quit on same time when we had really good momentum at overtime? Answer was that goalies network disconnected? :) Rules saying that you should play until the next whistle? Funny thing, again..

And also we did play only one game. You guys said that no more games today because there is network problem at one of your players. Really? i personally don’t believe that. And why you didn’t change player? At least Lagezicarno were writing at our stream so there was one player available all the time. Or did you guys had early wake up again? Funny thing, AGAIN.

Im also wondering this whole situation. Just have to say that this is really amazing ... and hey one thing.. turn over this whole story and think that we are TUK and TUK is Aapon Taikasauva. We are noobs and first time in this whole tournament. Im pretty sure that our tournament would have been over on at least sunday by admins.

Tonight (thursday 18.2) we are playing 1 (MAX 2, if we can start in time) game(s). If TUK gets their roster together, don’t have early wake ups or don’t have network problems or don’t have any 1st line up players in canary islands??

And why only 1  game today? Because we have seriously early wake up tomorrow(me personally 04.00).

If this whole series continues after this night.. next gaming day will be on next week. Can we get also few extra days? we really have seriously problems with our lineup and things to do on a weekend.

I also heard that this is same problem.. every year with TUK.

Have to say that im really disappointed and believe me, i’m not the only one.

My opinion is that if we have rules then we really need to use them and those should be same to everybody.

Thanks and Sorry for this whole show.. its just wrong that everybody is waiting our series to be played.

Frankieehh84 & Aapon Taikasauva

Edited by Frankieeh
  • Like 13

As much as i like kenu and lurkins, i have to admit that they have not been able to manage this tournament as they should. First they banned whole circus team by actions of one and now they are letting teams to push tournament longer and bend the rules. Whole dropping from OT if it was case like you described should be penalizied.

• Like 5

I have never been very comfortable with scheduling in the playoffs even though I'm not sure what to do about it (other than hard schedules not changeable and everyone would just have to deal with it...). It's too easily turned into a shitshow because you can't really plan ahead contrary to regular season, and player addition restrictions make it extra hard on teams too. And on top of that shit cake, investigating these issues is probably very hard and time consuming for NHLGamer staff.

So the situation is bad. As for the specific situation here, I'm not even sure who is more at fault since apparently one team couldn't play the first 2 days, then the other team couldn't play for 4 days and as a result both teams had up to 5 games to play on the last day of the 2nd round. It's not realistic to think a rule may force teams to play ECL games whenever they are at all able to play so the friday thing may make TUK look like dicks but they were in their own right nonetheless. Maybe there's space for a rule there but as I said, it looks pretty unrealistic and I don't see it.

To be honest, if I'm the tournament admin, I either disqualify both teams for failing to finish their series, or I take into account the 3 games played as the full series and then penalize the winner with as many WO losses in the next round as still would have had to win to go through round 2 (so 4 - 2 = 2 WO losses here). With that said I am not in charge and I predict NHLGamer staff will cave and give the 2 teams more days....

Side note, if TUK left the game and didn't return, then they forfeited the game, right?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jnmxxx said:

As much as i like kenu and lurkins, i have to admit that they have not been able to manage this tournament as they should. First they banned whole circus team by actions of one and now they are letting teams to push tournament longer and bend the rules.

There are 5 staff members making decisions. Please don't blame Kenu and Lurkins everytime :)

3 minutes ago, FINSeRe said:

There are 5 staff members making decisions. Please don't blame Kenu and Lurkins everytime :)

Has there been announcement about staff members? If so, i have missed it and i dont even know rest of the staff. Either way, that doesnt change the situation and in the end of the day, kenu and lurkins are the ones in the charge.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jnmxxx said:

Has there been announcement about staff members? If so, i have missed it and i dont even know rest of the staff. Either way, that doesnt change the situation and in the end of the day, kenu and lurkins are the ones in the charge.

They haven't advertised on the matter (and I complained about it before too) but the after Kenu, Lurkins and FinSere the other 2 admins are Janbo and Ranksu. You can actually see that here :

http://nhlgamer.com/community/staff/

Also, the ghost of Kooffein is still there, I guess managing the ghost of the XB1 community...

• Like 2

once again people only care to their own interests. I didnt hear aapon complaining about other delays in deadlines. It was delayed like 3-4 times during group stage. It was delayed during first round of playoffs...no complaints there.

Synergy actually benefited from the delayed deadline this round. Do I think it is right? No. (I asked about their definition of deadline after the group stage) But thats clearly how tgma wants to run the tournament so It should not come as a surprise that deadlines are not deadlines.

so for tgma to punish anyone who just follows the guidlines would be pretty bad.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Hi All,

The issue is being investigated.

We will certainly learn from this and past problems and have a more structured rule-set for the Playoffs (and any other issues the community would like to outline) in the future leagues.

Kind regards,

Kenneth

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jnmxxx said:

Staff members are listed here: http://nhlgamer.com/community/staff/

Thanks for the write-up about this situation, but I think it's a hard thing to judge on if you don't have access to evidence of both teams.

We have playoff 2nd round games going on with The United Knights. Round started on last thursday (11.2) and we did play 2 games. Games are 1-1 at the moment. After 2 games TUK players saying that no more games because they wanna go sleep and they also have early wake up in the morning. In the beginning we also asked that can we start 15 min later our games that we can play one warmup game before ECL but answer was no. Now i understand why.. OK but thats fine.. we took extra player to roster and we got warmup game.

- That's true. Some of us have to wake up between 05.00-06.00 for work and we agreed only two games with your GM's in our conversation before games, not more. We prepared to play 20.30cet like you asked and noticed next day you asked to start 20.50cet and that was too late for us.

Well do you have any idea who was our first opponent on friday during our training games? Well it was The United Knights. I thought that you guys had roster problem? seems like you don’t.. You guys were playing exactly with same roster than thursday against us?

:)

Rules? Some kind of penalty for TUK? Aah no. Thats fine again.

- We asked 02/07 can you play 02/08 and you answered "We don't have players untill 02/10 (Wednesday)". We didn't complain when you played 02/09 EASHL against us (we can't see it in last games so us or you jumped after connection test). We cancelled our games early enough and knew 10min before our first game on Friday that we can play three games before we have to quit.

Then we said to TUK that can we play on sunday? Answer was ”It seems we have enough players on Tuesday but on Wednesday we have 6 for sure”. One funny thing also in this whole story is that 1 of TUK players is on a holiday and surprise coming back on wednesday.

- You answered to us we dont have players on Wednesday? How about Tuesday? You didn't answer. Rankaisija contacted me personally and tried to settle games for Thursday and I told you if you get 6 were ready to play on Wednesday and we did our best but we had connection problems like you did.

Well, we were supposed to play 3 games yesterday (17.2 wednesday). How about that yesterdays game? well you can watch that stream if you like so.

Game was good and lots of action, but I’m still wondering how did you.. everyone of your team did quit on same time when we had really good momentum at overtime? Answer was that goalies network disconnected? :) Rules saying that you should play until the next whistle? Funny thing, again..

- Do you guys really think we quit on purpose? How about youre pause in 1st games 1st period and suddenly your rw is gone? Our goalie disconnected and quitting before next whistle was our mistake and were sorry about that. We asked how you want continue and you answered "overtime continues".

And also we did play only one game. You guys said that no more games today because there is network problem at one of your players. Really? i personally don’t believe that. And why you didn’t change player? At least Lagezicarno were writing at our stream so there was one player available all the time. Or did you guys had early wake up again? Funny thing, AGAIN.

- Why we should quit if there wasn't a good reason? There was. Our rw lost connection to EA and PSN when 2nd games was loading and we noticed it immediately before 1st faceoff and we had to jump. He couldn't get back online and we didn't have another player who could play even Lage wrote in your stream chat. That's why we had quit, we were one short.

Tonight (thursday 18.2) we are playing 1 (MAX 2, if we can start in time) game(s). If TUK gets their roster together, don’t have early wake ups or don’t have network problems or don’t have any 1st line up players in canary islands??

- We get roster. Its up to you because your GM's wrote it's not sure can you get 6 tonight.

If this whole series continues after this night.. next gaming day will be on next week. Can we get also few extra days? we really have seriously problems with our lineup and things to do on a weekend.

I also heard that this is same problem.. every year with TUK.

Have to say that im really disappointed and believe me, i’m not the only one.

My opinion is that if we have rules then we really need to use them and those should be same to everybody.

Thanks and Sorry for this whole show.. its just wrong that everybody is waiting our series to be played.

Frankieehh84 & Aapon Taikasauva

- Well you're not the only one. Do you think we or other teams don't have problems with line-up? That's why we haven't agreed game times so good in this series. It is wrong that others have to wait but don't put all blame on us.

PS. I'm not sure did I answer all the issues. I hope my answers satisfies Aapon Taikasauva's members and the community. I know both teams have their own view about this case. I have sent these answers to ECL admins. Our only proofs are Twitch streams and our GM conversation in PSN chat with Aapo (I guess).

• Like 5

Just gonna put this out there - during our series against TUK we played games on Tuesday and Thursday. They wanted to take a day off in-between because they didn't have enough players, We didn't mind since there was no rush and we got plenty of time to play out the remaining games. Now here's the funny thing - during that "day off" we also got matched up against them via regular matchmaking. Full teams, 6vs6. A bit odd, but we still went along with it and were willing to play just a regular game. What happened next? They backed out every single time...

• Like 1