Future tournaments - we need something new

iSvamp

Okey. it's time for me with some rally English do something on this site without trolling. 

This site had a dream about "franchise teams" when they added the divisions some tournaments ago - how's it going NHLgamer???

This site is today talking about making this to an eSport, adding more divisions etc, but no one is talking about the format with two tournaments every year with 3 divisions, something that makes it hard for new teams to stay together (hard to get new players, because every free player is searching for a spot in ELITE or a free ticket with a top PRO-team, cuz they only have 2 opportunities every year to get to the highest division), and also makes us play this game competitive for only 6 months every year instead of 10-12.

I think everyone knows the feeling between Mar and sep when there is nothing to play for, and the next tournament is 5 months away -> NHL is dead. New teams get created, the lego-knights from Finland is jumping around in the top-teams trying to find the best new (old) mix, teams are dying and pops up again. 

There are only 3 "Franchise teams" out there (from old gen) - Synergy, Northern Stars and 112 that still is playing together (sorry Written/SjK and Dynasty). This franchise-dream isn't working at all.

Why not change the format? and also make it even more competitive?

More tournaments/small tournaments every year! Like "Majors" or, let's call them "Gamers" to make it even more cringe.

----------------------------------------------------------

Maybe something like this??

Gamer Autumn (cute name)
Group stage - Oct
Playoffs - November

December - Low season

Gamer Winter
Group stage - Jan
Playoffs - Febr

Mar - Low season

Gamer Spring
Group - Apr
Playoffs - May

June - Low Season

GAMER SUMMER
Group - July
Playoffs - August

Sep - Low Season (new game incoming)

European champ = most won "Gamers" from sept -> august. (we can call them "Svamps" as well)

---------------

Elite - 16 teams
PRO - "40"
Lite - rest (really doesn't matters)

+
1. More tournaments -> more games -> makes it even more competitive. (maybe even a "light eSport" doh)
2. Every team gets a chance to play against the best and with the best every year
3. NHL will not "die" after the 2nd tournament (as it is today)
4. You don't need to wait for 1 or even 2 new NHL-versions before you can play in ELITE. With a good run can you actually start in LITE in September and be in ELITE for the 3rd tournament - if you deserve it)
5. Every tournament will matter.
6. 4 weeks break between every tournament.
7. this will not make "free playes" scared to join a team in PRO if there is a chance to actually build something good and then take the step up

-
1. it's hard to play 4 tournaments with a small roster
2. YOU NEED TO PLAY DURING SUMMER (a problem if you're having a small roster.)
3. NO LONG tournaments, only small ones. 4 weeks for group stage, and 4 weeks for playoffs.

---------------------------------------

Low seasons - there for teams to get new players and also play qualification rounds if there is a team dropping from any of the divisons.

the admins will solve this part.

Expected comments

"we can't play during summer, have no motivation for that"
- YES, YOU CAN! everyone is playing some EASHL here and there, and also summer cup during summer. And we're talking about making this an "eSport", if your motivation is the problem, will it always be allowed to play in the lower divisions. the "hardcore teams that is talking about eSport and contract with organizations will play".

"We can't handle 4 tournaments with our amount of players"
- GET MORE PLAYERS!

"Our team will die with this format" 
- probably if you can't handle a bigger core, and can't give everyone ice time

"this will kill many teams"
- yes, Team ranked 1, 2 and 3 will be in need of more players (maybe not the NERDS/wadamove teams like Written and pleemakers team) and will probably take players from team 5,6,7-16 - but it will just make more players involved. And there are teams dying today with the format of ECL we're having -> Rad, Nor, FCM. 

"it's not fair that you need to win 2 or 3 "gamers" every year before you can call yourself a "champ"."
- More legit than playing 2 tournaments with 2 different winners every year and a summer cup without any prestige.  If it's enough for you to only win one of them, do it then.

"are you drunk svamp"?
- pyttelite

---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if this is a good Idea, but I know that this format we're having today isn't better. 
Teams in LITE is asking for more games.
Teams in PRO having problems with getting new players
and teams in ELITE is dying.

------

Any other ideas? I'm free to listen.

Edited by iSvamp
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 3
  • Love it! 1

Some mixed signals. You are worried about old teams to stay and grow, but in next sentence you want making new teams even easier. The problem of old teams sticking together and grow with some good fa signings is; that it is at the moment too easy to start over with new team that get free PRO spot. So one tournament and you are in Elite, if your new superteam (Some team names listed here) is good enough. 

Same time PRO and Elite teams cease to exist not because tournament system but because we are manchilds and that how it goes.

But yeah, more games, more fun. 

Edited by Malcowich
  • Like 3

I'm actually impressed with the amount of thinking and composing you've done here Svamp. That's not bad at all. 👍

I agree to some extent here, and here's why. There's a core of 50 players who more or less circulate between around 10 or so teams. These are also the same players who talk about introducing money into the equation and the competetive side of the game. I don't blame them for doing so, but it sort of hurts the relationship between NHLGamer and the rest of the community. With a community as large as 5000+ players/accounts, you can't aim to please the 50. 

Now, if NHLGamer want's to become an eSport-platform, it has to have a much larger playerbase, smaller thresholds and less "binary"/generic gameplay. It has to be an including and welcoming community who adds value for the players who participate, regardless if they play in Elite, Pro, Lite or whatever. It doesn't neccessarily mean that it has to be money involved, it can and has to be other things. The vast majority of the players can't, don't want to or has no interest in becoming a full time pro NHL-player. They have other things to do. 

In my honest opinion, NHLGamer should be a community driven platform that appeals to the big masses. Lately I feel it has more and more shifted towards being elitist focused in order to please a few. I might be stepping on some toes for saying this, but the community will never be larger than the last player who decides to join it. I want to add that this criticism has nothing to do with anyone in particular. There's no one to blame here. I understand, know and appreciate all the hard work that all of the guys put into this everyday. You're doing this with your own free time and perhaps you feel that you want to take this to the next level. And if so, that's perfectly understandable.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

All this histeria is also causing inconsistency. Imagine if teams held together and players wouldn’t just switch teams / create new teams. There should be some virtual contracts on this site or something that obliged players somehow to stick to a team for an entire nhl release at least. Except for trades allowed according to rules during a season. Meaning some players can’t drop from a team and create a new one for next season. But who will keep track of second accounts?? Maybe registratiom should be connected to mobile bank id’s? 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Malcowich said:

Some mixed signals. You are worried about old teams to stay and grow, but in next sentence you want making new teams even easier. The problem of old teams sticking together and grow with some good fa signings is; that it is at the moment too easy to start over with new team that get free PRO spot. So one tournament and you are in Elite, if your new superteam (Some team names listed here) is good enough. 

Same time PRO and Elite teams cease to exist not because tournament system but because we are manchilds and that how it goes.

But yeah, more games, more fun. 

No, I really don't care about if "Old" teams are sticking together or not - that was a dream from NHLgamer, I have personally never supported the "franchise-dream" they had.
there will always be some guys out there that wants to create something new -> let them do that, idc. The argument FROM "gamer" was to add divisions to force teams to build franchises. just saying that the effect was low.

But with that said: you should never be able to join the highest division with a new team. I'm fine with PRO if the team has the skill for it.
Lite will always be the division for a low skilled team, unknown guys or amateurs. (but we will always find good teams in that division as well)

But there are teams out there that want to fight, but finding it hard to get new players (look at all the bumps in the thread for "teams looking for players" and the amount of Elite-teams that is giving up as fast as they get relegated.) ----> This franchise dream isn't working.
Players know that it will take over 6 months until they can play in elite again, with a good run. and people don't want to take that fight.
Same with players on the market that "Only searching for elite teams". (Yes, I know what I'm talking about in this case - there were only 2 guys out there from ELITE that asked us about a tryout before this tournament, and that was Ape and Connor - everyone else was like: "yeeeeees, but no - I belong in Elite", or "yeeeeees, but no - I want to play in Elite".) - and that's the story for many of the teams out there.

but what if we had more tournaments every year, then should it still be a big chance for the teams to play this season in PRO, and in the next one be back in Elite - IN THE SAME FUCKING GAME!!!

From Elite last season
NOR -> Dead
Rad -> Dead
FCM -> Dead
SIKA -> ?!?!?! (not dead yet) - Just haven't seen them anywhere.

Edited by iSvamp
  • Like 3

Tournament that im waiting is cup mode. Just like FA cup. Lite teams could fight against pro and elite teams, maybe GCL and RCL and OEHL teams too. Making good price to winner with sponsors. Its would be so cool to see some lovable lite teams fightning against some big bad elite teams and making some beautifully stories! RCL teams starts from bottom with GCL, then comes lite teams, then pro and some elite and finally best elite teams would join. And just 2games and goal difference in series,so it wont disturb ECL seasons. 

And maybe someday we get some Nation competion here. But first step is cup!

SRY that you need to read shit like this, but this is just my opinion. :P

Edited by Eeduu
Rally english
  • Like 9
  • Love it! 2