Standardize in-game player names?

Enforce standardization of in-game player names?  

358 members have voted

The results of this poll are hidden permanently..

I don't think this is even a debate. Many players have identified as their usernames for years long before anybody knew their real name. Usernames have been a part of gaming culture since it began. This discussion dismisses the entire history of online gaming.

There are other points to make as well. Most people don't use real names on twitch, youtube or other viewing plattforms making the marketing for your channels kind of confusing if viewers can't connect directly to your online name. Also some of the players might be minors and should not really flex with their real names online.

Just use your psn ID as your surname. .Jesus or whatever.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

7 minuuttia sitten, Jesus kirjoitti:

I don't think this is even a debate. Many players have identified as their usernames for years long before anybody knew their real name. Usernames have been a part of gaming culture since it began. This discussion dismisses the entire history of online gaming.

There are other points to make as well. Most people don't use real names on twitch, youtube or other viewing plattforms making the marketing for your channels kind of confusing if viewers can't connect directly to your online name. Also some of the players might be minors and should not really flex with their real names online.

Just use your psn ID as your surname. .Jesus or whatever.

Amen. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After reading all I have to say wow.

I mean my wow as positive about all named pro and contra posts and my personal meaning is, that in aspect to get eSports more professional, the players should choose their playernames by own, no real names, but including their PSN-ID like a nickname. The only little question I have: How many characters allows ea to write the firstname and the name. Some PSN-ID's are "extreme" long or to long for this. Or should ea include the PSN as a nick automatically.

19 years out of school and my english is.... Omg, where is my translator  :$

Edited by HardSmoG
Updated

• 8 months later...
  • ECL Staff
Am 25.2.2019 um 08:45 schrieb HardSmoG:

After reading all I have to say wow.

I mean my wow as positive about all named pro and contra posts and my personal meaning is, that in aspect to get eSports more professional, the players should choose their playernames by own, no real names, but including their PSN-ID like a nickname. The only little question I have: How many characters allows ea to write the firstname and the name. Some PSN-ID's are "extreme" long or to long for this. Or should ea include the PSN as a nick automatically.

19 years out of school and my english is.... Omg, where is my translator  :$

Last Year I guess 11 letters are free for surname and name. I could be wrong, then correct me please.

You can try it out by yourself....

In my Opinion to the Topic:

When I compare other Broadcasts,Tournaments and Streams from other Games aswell,then it's more common to use a Nickname.

I would prefer then the Option with the PSN ID on the Jersey.

My profile Name is over years in use on PC,Consoles literally everything and I guess many of us our proud of it and it's a part of their own Identity.

• Thanks 1