New servers - what's your former/new ping?

Dercie

EASHL Connection  

232 members have voted

The results of this poll are hidden permanently..

Network Performance Display Bug Fix
We have identified a visual bug that is currently causing the Ping Response Time in the Network Performance screen to only display half of a user’s actual Ping Response Time.

🙈🤣 

This explains a lot. I don't think that has ever worked properly, as i've had worse connections with lower pings and vice versa. Feels like rolling a dice at this point.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Huuru:

Probably means you still got placed in the old server. Some games will still be like that when the opponent is from Western Europe.

Well, is that going to be the case? That's what I am most curious about:

How will games between Swedes/Finns and e.g. Germans or Russians be matched? If these games take place on the new Stockholm (?) server exclusively, there will be serious disadvantages. Or is the matchmaking designed to find a common ground (e.g. FIN vs. GER taking place on the "old" UK server with ~ equal pings for both teams, or US West teams vs. US East teams taking place on the new US Central server)?

• Like 1

17 minuuttia sitten, gzell60 kirjoitti:

Well, is that going to be the case? That's what I am most curious about:

How will games between Swedes/Finns and e.g. Germans or Russians be matched? If these games take place on the new Stockholm (?) server exclusively, there will be serious disadvantages. Or is the matchmaking designed to find a common ground (e.g. FIN vs. GER taking place on the "old" UK server with ~ equal pings for both teams, or US West teams vs. US East teams taking place on the new US Central server)?

This is just speculation but there's a chance it'll try to pick the server based on home team's captain instead of middle ground. I guess we'll find soon when international teams use different captains in their EASHL games.

• Like 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Huuru:

This is just speculation but there's a chance it'll try to pick the server based on home team's captain instead of middle ground. I guess we'll find soon when international teams use different captains in their EASHL games.

That would be the easy way out, but not a smart or balanced approach. In our case (DPH), we would likely end up on the UK server, in which case we all pretty much face equal latency - for our home game only though. Away games against Swedes/Finns would still end up being a fairly different story then.

Edited by gzell60