New servers - what's your former/new ping?

Dercie

EASHL Connection  

232 members have voted

The results of this poll are hidden permanently..

1 час назад, s_w1ld_rus сказал:

old: 24-27

now: 12-13

Saint Petersburg, Russia

And yesterday I didn't feel the difference.

Андрюх, какой провайдер так прокачал?

old: 25-26

now: 19-20

Saint Petersburg, Russia

1 hour ago, gzell60 said:

Well, is that going to be the case? That's what I am most curious about:

How will games between Swedes/Finns and e.g. Germans or Russians be matched? If these games take place on the new Stockholm (?) server exclusively, there will be serious disadvantages. Or is the matchmaking designed to find a common ground (e.g. FIN vs. GER taking place on the "old" UK server with ~ equal pings for both teams, or US West teams vs. US East teams taking place on the new US Central server)?

Life is not always fair

2 tuntia sitten, gzell60 kirjoitti:

Well, is that going to be the case? That's what I am most curious about:

How will games between Swedes/Finns and e.g. Germans or Russians be matched? If these games take place on the new Stockholm (?) server exclusively, there will be serious disadvantages. Or is the matchmaking designed to find a common ground (e.g. FIN vs. GER taking place on the "old" UK server with ~ equal pings for both teams, or US West teams vs. US East teams taking place on the new US Central server)?

Well, that (disadvantage) has been the case for Finnish teams for years until now. Or it still is, but I think it decreases a bit compared to Swedes. 

Geographically speaking and knowing the routes..

From Finland, the fiber optic routes to ”Central Europe” can go with two optional routes: 

From northern part of Finland from Oulu via Sweden/Stockholm via Denmark or Germany to UK. 

From southern part of Finland from Helsinki to Stocholm via Denmark or Germany to UK. 

So we have been allways underdogs connection wise compared to f.ex players from Sweden or Germany. 

Of course depending on where in Sweden/Germany respective players are located.

But I could tell every time I have played against teams from those countries, especially when they are home team.

But remain to be seen how it is impacting in the future.

Edited by Oicteppotulppu
  • Like 2

30(60) to 12 (24)

Oulu, Finland

And the ping display bug has been there always, it did not just appear😂. I have easily checked that out previously from router (netduma, which has UI showing ping where you have connection)

It also tells that this new server is amazon aws

Edited by rjounila
  • Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Motya_1:

32ms->11ms

Moscow ,Russia 

Whew. 11 ms from Moscow? Considering the map below, the changes maybe have not been in effect yet for us yesterday (as was pointed out already). Probably gonna give it a couple more days and will report back if I see any changes.

QXVvjvZ.gif

• ECL Staff
5 hours ago, gzell60 said:

That would be the easy way out, but not a smart or balanced approach. In our case (DPH), we would likely end up on the UK server, in which case we all pretty much face equal latency - for our home game only though. Away games against Swedes/Finns would still end up being a fairly different story then.

From what I've seen it's a 'random' selection regarding which server is used, regardless of who is the captain. 

9 tuntia sitten, Malcowich kirjoitti:

I yesterday had 12 ms in a home game and 32 ms in the next home game with different opponent. 

Could clearly feel the difference, don't know why so massive change on ping 😕

Same here.

First game 26-28ms, Second 5ms, Third 22ms..

Go figure.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, imosi said:

Same here.

First game 26-28ms, Second 5ms, Third 22ms..

Go figure.

When I played with my Russian teammates I had 25+ms, but the late night games with Swedes and I had 10-11ms. Definitely related, but not sure how exactly the selection goes.