Twitter!
Roots Gaming - Twitter!
Twitch!

Edited by Tanski87
  • Like 18
  • Love it! 4

• 7 months later...

PT2sqdg.jpg

Who are the best goalies in this scene? That is a question on which there are many answers and opinions, none of them right or wrong. Now we will get to know some more about one of the goalies likely to be named among the top in that position:
@swagx88, with 103 appearances in ECL Elite and 873 saves in these games. But who is this guy?

Name: Joonas "swagx88" Kuossari  

1bVQcXg.jpg

Who is Swagx88?
Well the real Swag is someone who loves to have humor in his life, sarcastic humor especially.
I have always loved to play sports, and I'm still playing floorball. I no longer play football or hockey, but I used to for many years. 
I teach special education in junior high for a living.

Why NHL?
Why NHL? That is an easy question, I have lived and breathed hockey for all of my life. I just have to see my hometown hockey team play live in all their home games and as many away games as possible.
After NHL 98, I have not been able to stop playing this game series. Hockey is my passion, both following it in real life and playing it on the virtual ice. 

Why goalie?
Goalie is the position I have played in pretty much every sport. No matter the game, if there is a goal then I am the keeper of it. I really think that it helps on the virtual ice to have real-life experience as a goalie. 
In the NHL games I started playing goalie during NHL 13, and that is what I am still doing. 

Who is your real life inspiration as a goalie?
Definitely the local "kid" Juuse Saros. 
His aggressive style is something to look up to, and that is something I do try to bring to my own game as well.

What new would you like to see from future NHL games?
Spectator mode and a practice room for your EASHL team. Those are the most important ones.
And a skill stick for a goalie!
And a little, but not so little thing that I have wanted to see for years now: Custom goalie masks.  It is irritating how they are the same old year after year. 
We need something fresh for these masks. 

Swagx88 in ECL 10 and in the future?
My goal is to play consistently well throughout the season and take Roots to the Elite playoffs. 
I want to be one of the best goalies this coming season, and I intend to keep that level of play.

Roots in ECL 10?
We have been playing a lot together in the off-season, and our game is getting better and better. It is like night and day if you compare our playing now to what it was a couple of months ago, for example.
I feel like we can take on and beat any team that we have faced outside of the ECL. This gives me a lot of faith in what we are doing. 
If I had to guess, I´d say that we will place somewhere around 5
6 in the regular season.

Your top-3 goalies in Elite?
Supreex, Jombb and the wild card Uhnikke.

Swagx88 from an opponent's point of view?

@l-Furyan-lSwag is one of those larger-than-life characters that you just (sometimes unwillingly) grow to love. Having had the pleasure of both playing against him many a time and competing on the same team as him, I can with absolute confidence say he is both a terrific EASHL goaltender and a terrific person. In my opinion, his style on the ice as a goaltender with his wild, acrobatic desperation saves and eager puck-handling matches his personality quite well. High-energy, funny and with lots of wisdom (😁) to impart on his teammates. I've been frustrated by his saves many a time when playing against him, so these days when I score a goal on him I always cheer a little bit extra.

Y3s2LsJ.jpg

The last season in ECL 9 was a solid one from Swag. He played 28 regular season games and 6 in the playoffs. His save percentage was 83.2% in these 34 games, with a goals against average just above 2. These are good numbers at this level and in this game.
He was able to pull off the gamesaving performance when it mattered the most. His team Roots was in 4th place at the end of the regular season, and Swag was one of the major reasons for that. He secured wins for his team in many tight and even battles that ended with a one-goal difference.

Swagx88 is also known from his streams @ Twitch
"!swagmarkka"

L9X6p3iM_400x400.jpg

He is a streamer for a good cause,  The Goalie Guild. Twitter
"A nonprofit foundation dedicated to educating and inspiring the goalie community through scholarships, events, and holistic development."

TwAO5WN.jpg

• Like 16
  • Love it! 7

4 minuuttia sitten, PleeMaker kirjoitti:

No offence to anyone but those top 3 goalies? How is it even possible to leave Cappe and Hansu outside of top 3?😶 

Yh, they are good goalies also, but supreex and jombb actually standing their head most of time of the games when I see them playing :) and these are my opinions only.

• Like 7

Lukas Dostal of ilves voted goalie of the year in liiga.renderTimingPixel.png

The Urpo Ylönen award for the best goalkeeper is voted for by hockey reporters. The 19-year-old Czech got 39 out of the 61 first-place votes.

The runners up were Norwegian Kristian Haukeland of KooKoo

Ilves was 4th in the regular season

Kookoo was 5th in the regular season

Hope this give some perspective of this conversation.

Peace ✌️

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

I think everyone knows how capable and good they are, but it's also refreshing to see someone giving appreciation to players who aren't from the top 2 teams. I feel like there are a lot of good players in this scene that don't get any recognition because they haven't won a championship. Still, it's definitely not easy to win one so I have respect for everyone who has and play in those teams. I guess what I'm trying to say is, everyone knows who you are, who Eki is, and who Flyerkungen is for an example. It's OK if every once in a while you see someone picking up and recognising talent from teams other than top 2. If you get what I mean. AND also in my opinion, it's very hard to say who the ''top 3'' goalies are in this scene as there are many really good ones just not all of them play in top 3, or even 5.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

9 minuuttia sitten, keranee kirjoitti:

I think everyone knows how capable and good they are, but it's also refreshing to see someone giving appreciation to players who aren't from the top 2 teams. I feel like there are a lot of good players in this scene that don't get any recognition because they haven't won a championship. Still, it's definitely not easy to win one so I have respect for everyone who has and play in those teams. I guess what I'm trying to say is, everyone knows who you are, who Eki is, and who Flyerkungen is for an example. It's OK if every once in a while you see someone picking up and recognising talent from teams other than top 2. If you get what I mean. AND also in my opinion, it's very hard to say who the ''top 3'' goalies are in this scene as there are many really good ones just not all of them play in top 3, or even 5.

Agreed, but if question is top 3 goalies it doesn’t mean that you should pick some hidden gems.. it means you should pick top 3 goalies.

• Like 3

2 minuuttia sitten, PleeMaker kirjoitti:

Agreed, but if question is top 3 goalies it doesn’t mean that you should pick some hidden gems.. it means you should pick top 3 goalies.

Maybe in Swag's opinion the ones he stated are more talented, idk how his brain works. 😅 But yeah, good point. I'm done with this conversation for now though.

• Like 1

7 minuuttia sitten, PleeMaker kirjoitti:

Fine. Supreex, Jombb, Cappe. Now everybody moves on. Hidden gem for next season is Uhnikke and if someone dont agree this, then you dont.

Edited by swagx88
  • Like 5

1 minuutti sitten, keranee kirjoitti:

Maybe in Swag's opinion the ones he stated are more talented, idk how his brain works. 😅 But yeah, good point. I'm done with this conversation for now though.

Yeah my bad also, I didn’t mean that swad didn’t pick his top 3 goalies. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, PleeMaker said:

Yeah I know everyone has own opinions, your opinions are just wrong if you don’t have cappe and hansu in top 3☺️

Some of the names he mentioned has better career save% and more career wins than your picks even tho they play in lesser teams. If you gonna make some weird objective list over best goalies those kind of stats would probably be pretty heavy arguments to base your list on. 

But I guess we all take your word for it instead lol

• Like 2

50 minuuttia sitten, Jesus kirjoitti:

Some of the names he mentioned has better career save% and more career wins than your picks even tho they play in lesser teams. If you gonna make some weird objective list over best goalies those kind of stats would probably be pretty heavy arguments to base your list on. 

But I guess we all take your word for it instead lol

Don’t take my word, take communitys word