NHL Gamer unofficial tournament schedules

Hello, and greetings here from the very much too early end of the season party :) 

Could you...NG  consider of changing protocol a bit and start sharing your guesses from the future tournaments? Specially unofficial schedules / starting days / weeks / months / what ever....

It is of course fun to play!!! but main thing why i am asking, is that this is important info for many general managers. Knowing length of the off-season is important when doing plans on how to handle your roster. This effects on "staying alive" % of the club. If club plays ECL it is very different if off-season is 1 or 4 month. Not everyone want to play this game all year long.

Who cares if someone gets pissed if you share some unofficial guesses of schedules and things don`t happen as planned. It may help many on their plans and team management.

We have heard from you that:

eSHL starts January(maybe replaced scl?) and:

• ECL (Europe - Q4 2019)
  • NACL (North America - TBC)
  • FCL (Finland - 2020)
  • GCL (Germany - 2020)
  • RCL (Russia - October 14th, 2019)
  • SCL (Sweden - 2020)

Soooo here we go to the first attempt :) .... Can you make unofficial guess of when will next ECL happen? Or some other European wide tournament?

Br, Kose

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

33 minuuttia sitten, K__0__S__E kirjoitti:

this is important info for many general managers. Knowing length of the off-season is important when doing plans on how to handle your roster.

eSHL starts January(maybe replaced scl?) and:

• ECL (Europe - Q4 2019)
  • NACL (North America - TBC)
  • FCL (Finland - 2020)
  • GCL (Germany - 2020)
  • RCL (Russia - October 14th, 2019)
  • SCL (Sweden - 2020)

Soooo here we go to the first attempt :) .... Can you make unofficial guess of when will next ECL happen? Or some other European wide tournament?

Br, Kose

Not just club GM's but esports-wise as well. It would be so much easier for everyone (NG Staff, players, teams, sponsors, organisations behind teams, companions) if you'd know when the next tourney even starts. Sure NHLGamer has said it out loud why this is the case: "we dont want to promise or say anything what isn't confirmed" etc. Sure, I'm not saying that this isn't the case or truth here but atleast the schedule of next ECL should be public information as it is "the major" thing of the whole sport. And I'm pretty sure NG agrees with this.

Tbh it's really stupid, like literally stupid, that we as a players and management of the teams & esports organisations, and even companions around the sport dont have any clue when the next tournament or next ECL is set to be played. It's fun to have talks with people when all you can say about next major tournament is that "it probably will be played in the next 6-9 months."

We all know that the direction is right here, no doubts about that. But this is one very important thing that needs to be fixed in the future. Maybe 2020? 🤭

Edited by vSilenttio
  • Like 13

• Administrators

Thanks for the valid feedback. This is something we've wanted to improve as well and the original plan was to release a quite extensive plan in August. There were some changes that forced us to move and realign a lot of the puzzle pieces, as getting everything to work together and be as inclusive as possible is something we put a lot of effort into. 

Below is some high level information about the planned timing of the upcoming leagues, but please take it with a grain of salt, as things are very much work-in-progress. 

Fact:

eSHL Q1

GCL Q1

Absolutely not confirmed:

FCL Q1

ECL Q2

SCL Q2

NACL TBC

RCL TBC

(TBC = to be confirmed, will happen - could be Q1, could be Q2 etc.) 

Again, please don't treat these as facts, please don't share them as facts. Thank you. 👋🏼

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Huge thanks @Kenu from your super quick response !!! I value this and keep in mind that plans and timings can change. But its good that now i can inform my team that it is likely that FCL is next on line before ECL.

I believe that seeing this makes some  Finns who have signed to be a free agent in eSHL think it twice. And of course GMs of those eSHL teams too.

I believe that if possible, this could be a good unofficial forum for NG admins to inform us if some plans get confirmed on your work list. Or changed. For excample; "next (in about 1-2 week, we plan to start working to set up FCL... More info probably in 2-3 weeks." "Or we have to cancel FCL / move FCL to Q2... more info coming later"... Or stuff like that... it would be appreciated.

Edited by K__0__S__E
  • Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Malcowich said:

Could you maybe some year perhaps do them national leagues at same time. Then there would be no need or interest to participate other than your national league. It would leave more time to arange ECL tournamets as well. 

That is our wish too, but if we wish to have the finals in an environment with a lot of people, we have to look at when relevant events are being held. I believe we will be able to do this better and more according to our own wishes in the future. 

• Thanks 1