• Members

Hey guys, with the draft upcoming on saturday I thought it could be fun to get the community buzzing a bit about how the 1st round will look - like in the real NHL where the experts do mock drafts. Now, seeing as I am no expert and that this draft will be 8 rounds and not everyone knows everyone it will probably be easier to just do the 1st round, meaning the first 14 picks.

Obviously the mock drafts will look quite different depending on who is making them but I'm sure some names will feature on a lot of peoples lists. 

Without further ado, here is my Mock 1st round of the NHLGamer Summer Cup Fantasy Draft;

(general thought behind most of these picks was that people will most likely look out for players having played for "top teams" and also for goalies - just my thinking though!)

1. Dominointi (Forward)
2. Joukki13 (Forward) 
3. OxTreeLAT (Goalie)
4. imosi1 (Forward)
5. poliskontroll (Goalie)
6. bjono (Forward)
7. Egyptologen (Defenseman)
8. FinKonna (Goalie)
9. Hanssoni (Forward)
10. plee999 (Forward)
11. tbantti (Forward)
12. SadaPoika (Forward)
13. Pelle3000 (Forward)
14. Chafak (Forward)

Let's see some of your mock drafts! :) 

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, tokFan said:

Is there any complete list to look at?

We have submitted it to the captains, but we plan to have a browsable list available before the draft.

For the time being you can refer to the registrations in this thread (a bit clunky, yes - sorry):

Two notes:

- tbnantti is in the draft even though he isn't in that thread.

- Janikka has been replaced by Tehh Ahola

• Like 1

• Members
3 hours ago, vSilenttio said:

Same here :x imosi and polis! @The_Alpha_Furyan when we are going to see part 2? You know, the analysis of atleast the first round, or analysis of every team! Yeah that would be cool.

My draft review (which is essentially just pages and pages of me patting myself on the back for a successful mock draft... with some actual scouting thrown in ;) ) is about 60% ready. Hoping to have it up tonight!

Look for it on the main page :) 

• Like 5

• Members

Update: Text is 100% ready and I have turned it in to the Staff to upload on the site (and to delete inappropriate curse words and the like...).

Hope you guys will enjoy it and make sure to give me some love if you like it and some hate if you dont like it. All emotions are better than no emotions ;) 

Update 2: Here it is 

Edited by The_Alpha_Furyan
  • Like 4