Is the Powerforward class "overpowered"? (The role of balance amongst EASHL player types)

l-Furyan-l

4 minuuttia sitten, Janikka kirjoitti:

Good points. I have to say I'm liking grinder at the moment. It has good speed and endurance with surprisingly good checking ability for its size. The offense is limited, of course, but I don't really feel hampered by that like I thought I would.

That’s because your offense is limited anyway. B|

• Like 2

Yh i dont see personaly a point of all of those players builds, if 90% community use PWF and than there is 10% others.. EA should really work on the builds to balanced them out on next NHL, probably that will not happen so we have only a hope, that the Indian guy will finally start to work on things what he suppost too, not making every year new game modes which no-one plays. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2017-12-14 at 10:43 AM, Malcowich said:

As a "grown up" with kids, letting go of player build and grind was best thing EA could have done for me :P

Or they could just have removed the grinding ...

tbh the current builds are pretty boring and takes away a lot of personality from the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• ECL Staff
11 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Or they could just have removed the grinding ...

tbh the current builds are pretty boring and takes away a lot of personality from the game.

You mean you don't love 'big dude that can hit and shit, as well as being effectively god' vs 'small shit that can do nothing except pass I guess'?

The builds are so woefully balanced atm it's amazing. I suppose the angle ea was intending to go for was that all builds have a role in the game, which is an admirable wish to be fair. The execution of it has been absolutely horrible though and has led to the pwf being akin to if Zeus strolled down from Mt Olympus to shit on some lowly mortals (rip my sweet baby playmaker).

If ea was to say, I don't know, make it so that the pwf had absolutely abysmal speed / acceleration / agility but had stupendous balance and strength (you know, like pwfs such as Lucic) then maybe there would be a greater spread in terms of what builds are used. Until then however, rip. 

5 hours ago, MartindalexC said:

You mean you don't love 'big dude that can hit and shit, as well as being effectively god' vs 'small shit that can do nothing except pass I guess'?

The builds are so woefully balanced atm it's amazing. I suppose the angle ea was intending to go for was that all builds have a role in the game, which is an admirable wish to be fair. The execution of it has been absolutely horrible though and has led to the pwf being akin to if Zeus strolled down from Mt Olympus to shit on some lowly mortals (rip my sweet baby playmaker).

If ea was to say, I don't know, make it so that the pwf had absolutely abysmal speed / acceleration / agility but had stupendous balance and strength (you know, like pwfs such as Lucic) then maybe there would be a greater spread in terms of what builds are used. Until then however, rip. 

Well, there is a solution: LA bans the PWF in the upcoming ECL :))

?????? 

Yeah I know its not possible

Edited by Lainzndr
  • Thanks 1

On 2017-12-14 at 10:13 AM, Ranksu said:

Remember the times when you build your player and what attributes were important and what affect to other attributes. But I hated that grind to leg 3. 

Yes, good times. 

Will never forget when I tricked u to play with a 206 enforcer Dman with "special attributes", and the drama after that.. ;)

Good times!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally for me i would play PLY on a regular basis if it werent for the fact that you get destroyed with late hits every damn time you play the puck to your teammates.This more often than not leads to having to play 10 min of each and every period totally drained of endurance, ruining your skaters ability to compete.

In a world where you dont end up getting penalized for late hits, the PWF is king. Rendering the lightweights useless unfortunately.
It's pretty sad now when i think about it, That the gameplay mechanics forces you to play with pwfs if you want to be able to keep up (READ: dish out as much poise/endurance drain as you are recieving) with the opposition.

Edited by cHIIMEERa
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, cHIIMEERa said:

Personally for me i would play PLY on a regular basis if it werent for the fact that you get destroyed with late hits every damn time you play the puck to your teammates.This more often than not leads to having to play 10 min of each and every period totally drained of endurance, ruining your skaters ability to compete.

In a world where you dont end up getting penalized for late hits, the PWF is king. Rendering the lightweights useless unfortunately.
It's pretty sad now when i think about it, That the gameplay mechanics forces you to play with pwfs if you want to be able to keep up (READ: dish out as much poise/endurance drain as you are recieving) with the opposition.

Yupp!

So, lets ban the grinder and PWF and let the good times roll!.....

...again, I know its impossiburuuu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...