Should win on regular time give team 3 points in stead of current 2 point? Unofficial poll.

Should win on regular time give team 3 points in stead of current 2 points?  

180 members have voted

The results of this poll are hidden permanently..

29 minuuttia sitten, K__0__S__E kirjoitti:

You don`t get nothing of winning regular season. But i get it if price money is only motivation to play and your team is among those 2-3 teams that can win with this system.

Yes I’m playing for money only #GUCCIGANG #BILLIONAIREBOYSCLUB #YACHTCLUB

• Like 1
  • Love it! 3

43 minutes ago, K__0__S__E said:

You don`t get nothing of winning regular season. But i get it if price money is only motivation to play and your team is among those 2-3 teams that can win with this system.

Winning the regular season massively improves your chances of winning the title.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 tuntia sitten, K__0__S__E kirjoitti:

It so fking stupid that on this point of season some team have lost only ONE POINT :DDD

I think that solution to this ¨fkin stupid¨ thing is to make a summer cup-style draft teams for elite so there is no this kind of stupid situation!!! So called ¨mailajaot¨

Edited by loimmu
  • Like 1

• ECL Staff
2 hours ago, K__0__S__E said:

It so fking stupid that on this point of season some team have lost only ONE POINT :DDD With European point system they would have lost 6 points. On my eye that would tell a bit more that the difference between these teams is not quite sooooooo huge.

But to me this is more about ideological stuff than something that you can see from standings. The difference between Hockey Dudes and Football ladies is that hockey Dudes are alla about scoring, kicking ass of opponent and they fight all in for the win. Football ladies are more "lets hope that we don`t lose this one" and everyone have fun...and omg do everything so opponent cant score... then those ladies throw high fives after a nice 0-0 tie.

Why is it stupid? Said teams who have barely lost any points are by far and away a cut above the rest, in fact the difference between them and the rest of elite is effectively an untraversable canyon, so the current system seems pretty fine to me in that it accurately shows that.  

Also, maybe tone down on the whole sexist overtones. 

It doesn't take a genius to figure out how so many games are low scoring this year, or why so many teams are playing 'park-the-bus'. Goals are down, not because there's a big conspiracy and people are "ladies", but simply because the game that EA has given us does not lend itself to 6-4 games like it did in the past due to a whole host of reasons, like the impact that small nudges have on players now to name one.  

It's a shame Consolehockey is rip because I could have shown you tournaments where the 3pt system was in place and let me just say it wasn't pretty. If you thought the current system leads to a runaway top 2/3 then you'd be in for a shock at some of the standings from the past. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

9 minuuttia sitten, MartindalexC kirjoitti:

Also, maybe tone down on the whole sexist overtones.  

Tone down? Oh man you are such an adult.

1 tunti sitten, tbnantti kirjoitti:

Winning the regular season massively improves your chances of winning the title.

I hope this will change a bit in tournaments to come. I hope we will see more teams that have a shot to win the cup.... just like in real hockey.

37 minuuttia sitten, tbnantti kirjoitti:

Oh and another thing, what would be even more stupid is that with the 3-point system a team could go through the regular season unbeaten and not finish first. 🤕

And another thing is that with current system a team could go trough whole regular season by losing every game and still win a cup. 

5 minuuttia sitten, K__0__S__E kirjoitti:

I hope this will change a bit in tournaments to come. I hope we will see more teams that have a shot to win the cup.... just like in real hockey.

What? How does 3p system change this or did I miss something?

• Like 5

6 minuuttia sitten, PleeMaker kirjoitti:

What? How does 3p system change this or did I miss something?

It doesn`t change it. But if some teams have to play with shit in their pants with current system because so scared of losing single point or two on regular season, it may have an effect on that. Because value of are you first or second on regular season would not be so big.

Edited by K__0__S__E

2 minuuttia sitten, K__0__S__E kirjoitti:

It doesn`t change it. But if some teams have to play with shit in their pants with current system because so scared of losing single point or two on regular season, it may have an effect on that. Because value of are you first or second on regular season would not be so big.

I dont think that a team that plays shit in their pants have that good shot on winning the title anyways :D

• Like 3
  • Love it! 2

2 minutes ago, K__0__S__E said:

It doesn`t change it. But if some teams have to play with shit in their pants with current system because so scared of losing single point or two on regular season, it may have an effect on that. Because meaning of are you first or second on regular season would not be so big.

Could you elaborate on this? The playoffs would still work the same way. The major advantage of finishing first comes to play in the semifinal match-ups, not in the first round.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minuuttia sitten, K__0__S__E kirjoitti:

What???? #1 seed would still be pretty big thing like now?😂😂

• Like 2

6 minuuttia sitten, K__0__S__E kirjoitti:

Well it is quite simple, If you boys really try you can get it. Just try to think about it. If 3rd and for example 6th team closer on same level, it does not matter as much what team you face on semis or quarts.

I’m really sorry but I just don’t get this.. How would any point system make 6th seed team better than now? 3p system and EABUNKA would have hands like Penatski and IQ like Dominointi?

• Like 5
  • Love it! 1
  • Sad 1

11 minuuttia sitten, PleeMaker kirjoitti:

I’m really sorry but I just don’t get this.. How would any point system make 6th seed team better than now? 3p system and EABUNKA would have hands like Penatski and IQ like Dominointi?

Oho i looks like i deleted one chapter there :DDD

It doesnt make anyone better. But i believe that in the near future we will have more cup candidates that 2 or 3 and Elite will be tighter on what it comes to top8. And then the meaning of spot on regular season would not be so huge. 

21 minutes ago, PleeMaker said:

I have. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Love it! 11

On 6.5.2020 at 19.05, K__0__S__E kirjoitti:

Oho i looks like i deleted one chapter there :DDD

It doesnt make anyone better. But i believe that in the near future we will have more cup candidates that 2 or 3 and Elite will be tighter on what it comes to top8. And then the meaning of spot on regular season would not be so huge. 

But how the 3p system would make more cup candidates? I mean tell me some example from this elite season?

I think we can all agree on the fact that the game is less "skill-dependent" than ever before. We're playing with 70 OVR players, we have to deal with set-up player builds. EA wants to satisfy the majority of the players by evening out the games with lots of random stuff (nudges, deflections...etc). To sum it up, the good old days of old-gen are over. :(  

So the fact that there are still Elite-Teams being superior than the rest on a constantly basis just shows that they are on a completely different level, especially when you consider the points I mentioned before. Lots of games remain close caused by the flaws of this game - this should not be like this.

So I'm somewhat glad that the teams that really put all their time and effort in being the best manage to be on top of the standings.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 timmar sedan, PlaymakerSJ säger:

I think we can all agree on the fact that the game is less "skill-dependent" than ever before. We're playing with 70 OVR players, we have to deal with set-up player builds. EA wants to satisfy the majority of the players by evening out the games with lots of random stuff (nudges, deflections...etc). To sum it up, the good old days of old-gen are over. :(  

So the fact that there are still Elite-Teams being superior than the rest on a constantly basis just shows that they are on a completely different level, especially when you consider the points I mentioned before. Lots of games remain close caused by the flaws of this game - this should not be like this.

So I'm somewhat glad that the teams that really put all their time and effort in being the best manage to be on top of the standings.

This^🙏🏼