What's next: PS5 or Xbox Series X (Europe)

Kenu

Next generation console poll  

200 members have voted

The results of this poll are hidden permanently..

I don't care either way, I'll buy whichever console the scene is on. However, having played through two different generations both on the 360 side and the PS4 side of things, I do think XBL is a vastly superior service to PSN. On the subjective side of things, my all time favorite controller has been the 360 one, and I do think they took a step back by making the Xbox One sticks too tall and hard as a diamond. I had an Xbox One for a while and ended up shaving the skin off my thumbs with the pattern they have on the sticks. Although I guess one could say you don't have to ram the sticks like they owe you money. #softthumbsconfirmed

EDIT: @Juizki you do know about the quick menu that you can bring up by holding down on the PS button, right?

Edited by tbnantti
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, tbnantti said:

EDIT: @Juizki you do know about the quick menu that you can bring up by holding down on the PS button, right?

Yes, I know, but it's very limited. If you want to actually browse something out of that menu you have to go into this full screen menu window to actually do something. Please correct me if my memories of 360 are wrong, but how I remember that system is that you could do these things in menus (parties, messaging, notification settings etc), without having to go to full screen menu/dashboard to do something more meaningful than just turn off your console.

EDIT: To everyone who's not familiar with Xbox 360 or doesn't understand/remember what I'm trying to say here, in the video below you can see a player scrolling through a menu and still be conscious on what's happening in the game. Really hoping we'll get something like this for the next-gen consoles. In case the video starts from the beginning, the part I'm talking about is at 17:30.

Edited by Juizki
  • Love it! 1

4 minutes ago, Juizki said:

Yes, I know, but it's very limited. If you want to actually browse something out of that menu you have to go into this full screen menu window to actually do something. Please correct me if my memories of 360 are wrong, but how I remember that system is that you could do these things in menus (parties, messaging, notification settings etc), without having to go to full screen menu/dashboard to do something more meaningful than just turn off your console.

Yeah the X360 menu was way better.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

• Administrators

Good discussion going on here. For the people just writing "PS5", that's what the poll is for. We'll love to hear more about why you prefer the PS5, though. Just writing the console name doesn't really contribute to the discussion in my opinion. :)

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• ECL Staff
51 minutes ago, Kenu said:

Good discussion going on here. For the people just writing "PS5", that's what the poll is for. We'll love to hear more about why you prefer the PS5, though. Just writing the console name doesn't really contribute to the discussion in my opinion. :)

xb

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Nintendo switch 100%

If I should be serious, personally idc which console to play as I am just going to buy both likely 😂, depends where more ppl will play. 

I saw couple msgs about cross platform, if EA will force us to use origin for it, I would rather not to have it. As origin is worst service so far, if they will create smth new or coloborate with other service like epic games, then it would sound interesting. 

Edited by Serg1vratar
  • Like 1

I'll get PS5 for the exclusives (TLOU Part 2 soon😍). Aaand for the contoller.. I know that people say that XB controller feels better but DS for me cuz I prefer symmetrical sticks over XB's asymmetrical which just feels too weird for me. May be just my small hands dunno :D Which one of these controllers you prefer and why? :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/9/2020 at 10:40 AM, Moneygunx said:

Now that nhl21 getting closer and closer have to wonder.. Is there any confirmation that  ps4 and ps5 players can play together and communicate between these two consoles 🤔 

That's something I'd like to know as well. Won't be buying either console for quite a while.

• Like 1