Ignore Summer Cup. Start a new ECL season.

• Administrators
On 5/29/2020 at 9:52 AM, Charlie Anderson said:

Hi there! I think we should ignore the summer cup and start a new ecl season before Ps5 and xbox series x are released. Just my opinion. 

What’s your thoughts?

Hi Charlie,

I'm not convinced that NHL 21 will be released on the new consoles. Historically that has not been the case on new consoles and there's no credible source for the articles that claim it will.

We didn't have any plans to start the next ECL season until NHL 21, but of course we'll have to see what the release date for the game is and consider changing our mind if the release date is pushed back significantly. Let's keep in mind that the current season isn't even over yet. We of course understand that some people's season end earlier than others and it's understandable that they want to play, but I don't believe that mass-producing the ECL is the right call, so we're looking at other options. 

• Like 11