F1 2020 League with the NHL community?!

Eki

Hey everyone!

Last year we had the F1 2019 NHL community League with full grid of 20 players and a lot of fun :D We are looking to do the same this year. Skill level doesn't matter there all drivers of all levels :) The new F1 will be published 10.7 so we are trying to get the league going as soon as possible after the release. 

We have 16 players right now, full grid is 20. 
- League will have at least 10 races (races will probably be on Sundays) 
-50% Races (18 min Qualifying) 
- No assist (you can run Automatic gears, ERS and a Racing line if you wish) 
-PS4

Contact me here, on socials or PSN if you would want to join! Also give me your number at the same time so I can add you to the WhatsApp group.

Edited by Eki
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it! 1

Ferrari                      @PleeMaker - @Patzlaf
Red Bull                    Rynzzki - @Moneygunx
Mercedes               @FINSeRe - @Selezny
Alpha Tauri             @MAYZIIX - Mitrakov_V
Alpha Romeo         Zumppi - @janbonator
Renault                    @kriketski17 - @Oliverigood
Mclaren                   @Hoiggaa - Altsu123
Racing Point           @Eken45jr - @ICappeI
Haas                        @Crisu_rottis - @SepiDN
Williams                  @Eki - @Erholtzi

Calendar (all the races start at 18.30 EEST): 
19.7 Italy 
26.7. Britain 
2.8. Australia
9.8 Russia
16.8 Baku
23.8 US
30.8 Canada 
6.9 Bahrain
13.9 Belgium
20,9 Austria

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Love it! 1

Full Info and Rules of the F1 2020 NHL Community league

Basic info: 

- All the races start at 18.30 EEST
- 50% Races (18 min Q)
- Equal cars
- Traction control, ABS, Braking assist and PIT assist have to be off
- Full damage 
- No ghost cars
- dynamic weather
- Safety car on
- AI Driver level at 60 (when you pause the game)

Rules:

1. Drivers are expected to drive in a safe and predictable manner behind the safety car and during the warm-up lap. Any incidents during these phases may be penalized after the race.

2. All drivers should do their best to avoid collisions. This includes leaving fair racing room for another car. Any Incidents may be investigated after the race and penalized if appropriate. If another car is attempting an overtake, he is entitled to be left space on track should he be at least 2/3rds of a car's length alongside when entering a turn.

Incident means any occurrence or series of occurrences involving one or more drivers, or any action by any driver, which is reported to the stewards which:

- caused an avoidable collision;
- forced a driver off the track;
- illegitimately prevented a legitimate overtaking manoeuvre by a driver;
- illegitimately impeded another driver during overtaking.

The stewards may impose a warning, 5 or 10 second time penalty on any driver involved in an Incident. Repeated offenses will lead to stronger penalties, such as race bans or even an exclusion from the league. (Me, Crisu, Holtzi, Moneygunx, Mitrakov will act as stewards, if one of these drivers are involved on the accident themselves they can't give an opinion) 

3. Give other drivers room in Qualifying when you are not on a timed lap yourself. 

4. Crashing out on purpose is forbidden. It causes unnecessary safety cars. If you lack the motivation to finish a race, you should quit the league. However, if the situation absolutely demands a retirement, it must be done on the pitlane through the options menu.

5. In-game penalties may be reviewed after the race. This does not include corner cut warnings. Rather incidents where a driver not at fault was punished, for example one driver driving into the back of another behind the SC might give the car in front a 5 second penalty. 

6. Currently there is a bug in the game that might cause a screen-sized message saying "Connecting to online services". In theory the car is controllable but impossible to drive because of lack of visibility. Therefore, the only way to stay on track while the message is displayed is to hit "options" and let the AI drive meanwhile. Because of this, the AI needs to be kept at a relatively high level in order to reduce the chance of accidents and to mitigate the negative effects in performance that the bug may cause some drivers. Drivers must at all times stay in control of their cars and are only allowed to hand the control to the AI in case of a technical glitch or an internet issue 

7. Reset to track option is disallowed, using this will give you a 10 second penalty. 

8. Please let me/others know well in advance when you can't participate in a race so we can get a replacement driver (replacement driver can't earn Constructor championship points)

9. Respect the blue flag 

Teams: 

Ferrari                      @PleeMaker - @Patzlaf
Red Bull                    Rynzzki - @Moneygunx
Mercedes               @FINSeRe - @Selezny
Alpha Tauri             @MAYZIIX - Mitrakov_V
Alpha Romeo         @Zuominen - @janbonator
Renault                    @kriketski17 - @Oliverigood
Mclaren                   @Hoiggaa - Altsu123
Racing Point           @Eken45jr - @ICappeI
Haas                        @Crisu_rottis - @SepiDN
Williams                  @Eki - @Erholtzi

Calendar (all the races start at 18.30 EEST): 
19.7 Italy 
26.7. Britain 
2.8. Australia
9.8 Russia
16.8 Baku
23.8 US
30.8 Canada 
6.9 Bahrain
13.9 Belgium
20,9 Austria

@moikka11 Will spectate and commentate the races on his Twitch channel (In Finnish), when he can't I will personally stream. 

Watch the races here: https://www.twitch.tv/moikka11

Edited by Eki
  • Like 4
  • Love it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @Erholtzi for the update. I'll be doing a run-down of various statistics at the half way point and at the end of the season.

My race was rather eventful. I put it into the wall at the exit of Beckets on my second quali run. First lap of the race was great and I gained several positions. Bottled it with the virtual safety car and was rewarded with a drive-through penalty. That put me back into the middle of the action and I ended up having a great time. I also fought with @kriketski17 for several laps, and he seemed to have good pace. Turned out the propel heads at Renault had started cutting costs on fuel - of which his car ran out.. As usual, it's the working man who gets the boot.

Here's my race highlights:

Excited for another race tomorrow!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Back at it for Round 3 in Melbourne, Australia. @altsu1's weather forecast from a few days ago was spot on: dry in quali and a race on full wets.

The Time Trial times before the race had been very close and competitive, with a lot of drivers with a chance for a pole. Me and many others opted for a full wet race setup, while some prioritized quali more and some missed the forecast entirely. I had to do two consecutive hotlaps at the end of qualifying but I can be very satisfied with the result.

The race was slightly less chaotic than I expected. Two safety cars meant I had my work cut out for me with @Erholtzi up my rear diffuser for most of the race. The nature of the track combined with the weather it was always going to be extremely hard to make a pass without a driver making a mistake. I tried to pull a gap after the first SC, but the second one ruined any attempts. Therefore I just tried to bring it home safely & without penalties, and I'm very happy with my first win of the season. There was a moment of "grosjeaness" for me though..

Congrats to @Selezny for the first podium of the season. Very good drive in treacherous conditions.

Thanks everyone and see you next week at Sochi!

Pole lap + race highlights from my POV:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it! 1

Round 4 Russia: 

First of all gratz to @Eki for fantastic drive P5 to Victory! Also impressive drive from @Oliverigood P9 to P4. It was a really tricky race with all the safety cars and vsc in the first half of the race. Once again I had a good start and made a position on @Erholtzi at the start and after few corners the safety car was already out. It was really difficult to decide when to pit and in the end i decided to mirror @Hoiggaa in front of me just to be sure, but ultimately it was the wrong decision. Eki and couple of others pitted after the second safety car which was caused because one of the drivers lost 'moti' and decided to crash in to the wall on purpose almost taking @janbonator out with him. Those who pitted after the second safety car had far inferior strategy compared to rest of us. I'm still happy with P5 I hate this track :D

P.S Looking for a race engineer 😝

Edited by Rimpe
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1