F1 2020 League with the NHL community?!

Eki

That was the biggest clusterfu*k of a race I've ever experienced. The worst part is it also ended the championship fight.

From the start of quali to the first safety car period of the race my wheel wasn't working right. It was jerking left and right by itself between 4 to -4 degrees of steering input, and it happened while turning the car as well. Somehow I got one lap on the board and spent the rest of qualifying in garage trying to fix my wheel.

Didn't manage to do that, so I started the race with the same problem. Spun off on the exit of T3 on lap 1, the car was very hard to drive. I was sideways on the track in a tricky spot waiting for the pack to go by when Ekenjr's crashed to my side. The safety car came in and I let the AI drive for a while, trying to fix the problem. I couldn't sort it out so I thought I was only a hazard on the track, so I decided to quit. I plugged off my headphones from my DS4 and suddenly my wheel was working again! The problem was I had no sound on my screen and was therefore driving mute.. and it would have dire consequences.

Anyways, at this point of the race all of a sudden I realize that having just pitted behind the Safety Car, I was actually in a strong position to win the race, even though my standing for the moment was a long way out of that goal. Well, it didn't go quite as planned. I'll leave the details to my highlights clip, which if anything should at least be entertaining.

Edited by janbonator
  • Sad 2

Round 5: Baku

I only had one successful quali lap and it was not that good in my opinion luckily it was enough to start 5th. Once again I had a good start and made a position on Zumppi which makes this a 5th race in a row where I gain a position in a opening lap. First stint was pretty decent with the softs, I managed to climb myself to third before I pitted. To be honest I should have pitted at least a lap earlier because I lost like 3 to 4 seconds in that last lap with those destroyed soft tyres. I still thought I had enough time in hand to come back in third, but my pit crew was sleeping badly. I don't know what happened, but they started to work on my car good 5 seconds after I stopped '':D''- That felt like eternity and I came back behind @Selezny and Mitrakov. I think Mitra crashed the very same lap and I had nice battle with Selezny after that. Too bad the streets of Baku are so tight so Sele lost his front wing in the process and had to pit. After that it was a lonely race to the finnish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minuuttia sitten, janbonator kirjoitti:

And the DHL Fastest pitstop award goes to.. Renault! It looked like the pitcrew thought you had a 5 second penalty to serve before the pitstop, but I suppose there was no such penalty @Rimpe ?

Ah yes. I'm the one to blame here. Once I ruined my own race at the beginning, we started gathering data of tyre wear on hard tires to help my team Renault and our first driver @Rimpe. I also made excelent work on getting the information of how much damage the walls will make to our front wing. So in the point Rimpe made his pitstop I had already used three front wings. My team actually had to steal front wing from Red Bull and repaint it. But we have learned from this alot and we're looking forward to do well in USA!

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

After a sleepy Baku and a USA no-show, Canada was at least eventful. Took pole with a bad lap and spent the start of the race trying to defend against a Torpedo. The race just went deeper into shit the longer it went on.

Bad races make for good replays though. I put some good hours in it, only to have my electricity cut off for 10 seconds and lose it all. Much like the race really - finished with a sour taste.

Enjoy!

Edited by janbonator
  • Like 3
  • Love it! 1

• 2 weeks later...