May 2021: PlayStation 4 vs PlayStation 5

PlayStation 5 poll  

209 members have voted

The results of this poll are hidden permanently..

This poll is closed to new votes

• Administrators

Hi Everyone,

In this thread we're trying to gauge the situation in the European side of the community regarding PlayStation 5 ownership.

This thread is intended for people who play or intend to play in the ECL. Please spread the word so we can get as wide of an array of replies as possible.

Edit: As we don't know whether or not the PS4 and PS5 will be compatible together - please base your vote with the assumption that they didn't, as we're trying to gauge the worst-case-scenario.

• Like 4

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Jnmxxx said:

Theres no option for this but i will buy ps5 when there is NHL game that is only available on ps5 or when my ps4 will die.

Yes, sorry this was the intention of the poll, but I didn't write it clearly enough. We don't know - but historically when there's a true next gen version, the new and old platforms have not worked together. So when voting, please assume that NHL 22 for PS4 and PS5 do not work together.

I have to stress it though, this is not something that has been confirmed and is simply an assumption based on historical data.

The thing is, I own PS5 because I jumped from Xbox too late and there was no point of buying PS4 anymore, but If there will be two different versions for PS4/PS5 then I will just play the one NHLGamer will be on (PS4 version I assume).

It is definetely not a problem for PS5 users to play a PS4 version on it, but it is impossible for PS4 users to play a PS5 version of game, so I think there shouldn't be much doubts which version should NHLGamer use in NHL 22 if there will be two different versions from EA. Also, PS5 is still almost impossible to grab for a normal price in 80% of countries.

Edited by JLopatko
  • Like 4

• Kenu changed the title to May 2021: PlayStation 4 vs PlayStation 5