So in this topic I will share the story of our team (Drop Zone). And because we didn't make to play-offs this contains just regular season. 

It should be nice to read other teams stories also ;) :P

DZ has some tough opponents at start and in the end. 1. opponent was Northern Ascendancy, which The_Alpha_Furyan in Season 3 - Preview -post, was placed 3th in our group. And we managed to win our first game in season, that is always good starting point, right? (spoiler: keep reading). Our second game they pushed even harder game to our end (time on attack 09:19 vs. 03:46) and in the last minute they manage to get 3-2 winning goal.

Next Sika, one of most underrated teams in there. I just put shots on goals here to give some perspective about these games: Sika: 33, DZ: 14. You do the math.

Synenergy: 1. game close one 4-3 to SYN. Second game started good with SYN couple of penalties, but they made first goal in shorthanded. Our teamplay didin't work after that goal. Then they did one powerplay goal then shorthanded goal and then shorthanded goal. Ah almost forgot one powerplay goal more. Last 2 minutes and stats were 5-1, but two more goals to SYN before game ends. Not much tell to grand-children about that.

Terrific Tigers: 1. game, nothing special 4-2 win to us. Second game was closer. We take in first 13 minutes 3-0 lead, but they come even with powerplay goal and with goal at 59.24. But we manage to make our machine runnig again at time 78.27. Overtime win. Huge thanks to TT Goalie for that. 18 saves.

Next Aapon Taikasauva: What you can do with 2-3 minutes of attack time versus 9 minutes?

AK-47: First game: clean 3-0 win. And personally only shutout in whole season. Second game should be like that, but no. AK's goalie make huge game and they deseserved a win for that.

Alliance HT: Both games were almost identical: We was behind all areas and top of that games were pretty fragmented, because of so many penalties. 2 x lost.

Tiki Talk: One of worst defence that we have in entire season. All things that can be wrong was wrong.

Bare Knuckles Hockey: First game, First period, 3 powerplay goals for us so game was over. Second game: We take 6 penalties and they make 2 PPGs. Result 5-3 to Bare.

EN HUND: First game: 0 penalties and 5 goals, it was really good game us. Second game was goalie fight (not with fists of course :P ). Shots on goal (both teams): 29, goals: 3. We have 2 goals :)

Free From Rodents: Their goalie has bad day: 25 shots and 12 goals including 3 goals in 1.24.

HC Marilyn: One of those games that you should get some critical point out of it. But Luck-Gods say: Nope. We had 4 post shots in games and we just go in their trap what they have putted in their zone. 2 x lost.

Lunatic Lions: First game, 7 penalties. 2-1 to Lunatic. If we should find something positive we make our only goal in shorthanded. Second game started bad also: They get shorthanded goal, but we pushed hard and with 8 minutes of time on attack managed to get 3-2 win for second game.

Kattiautomaatti: Again same story, First game, 9 penalties, 2 powerplay goals, 6-2 lost. Second game we show what we are made for: 18 shots, 5 goals and for me: 91 save%.

Nordic Lightning: Start of end of season and hard games. We played good, but good isn't enough for these top teams. 0-2 and 6-2 losts for these good games.

Knight Aces HC: Good matches, both of them. But when we make to the attack zone Aces make good defence play and we must make risk passes and just stay in the corners. 2 x lost.

Laser HT:

74074912.jpg 

NOPE. Pretty good games for us, but again that is not enough. 9 penalties in both games to find something to improve in the future...

Inter Iceland: Close games. We should have deserved more than just 1 point. In first game we was in lead 2-1 before 3rd period, but they make 3 goals in there. Second game was goal making contest. Last minute we make game even 5-5, but in overtime they scored and get 5 point in our 2 games. 

MUKIMIEHET: And again some top teams. In 1st game we take the lead, but 2nd and 3rd period are their control 1-3 lost from that. Second game was even stronger game from MUKIMIEHET. Shots on goal 13-1. Yes you read it right we got only one shot in goal and even if it has gone in we would still lose it: Result was 2-0. 

murohoki: Important games for us: Play-off place at stake. Must take least 3 points. We was in lead 3-1, but here they come and overtime it was. At the end of overtime period as said in Press Conference: "Sami Noddactius wanted to be Patrik Laine, but luckily our GM has paid well enough for referees." Our attacker hitted with it skate-end murohoki's goalie and their defender backhand-slapped puck in own goal (with R1). In NHL that should be a goal but not in the game... Second game was good even game that went also in overtime, but in this time our win. I'm personally happy that game myself too: 12 saves, 1 GA, S% 92,3

Nordic Nightmare: Brace yourself, winter is coming... They played good games and we wasn't best players available so 5-2 and 7-1 losses. 

Nordic Nosebleed: Last games to get to playoffs we needed 5 point at least against Nordic Nosebleed to make it and after that it isn't certain. So it is do or di..ehm do not. (there is no try). 1st game 1-1 to overtime aaanddd they did a goal. So 1 point to us and playoff place gone. Second game has no meaning for us so it was really: Let just play it out of day order: 6-3 lost.

So thank you, if you have read it, hope it bring some light about how Drop Zone's season went.

If you ask me we would make to the playoff's if so many of those teams didn't quit. We lose so many points from them and our closest rivals lost some games from them (and get those points back). 

As a closing words: It isn't what you bring in the ice it is what you left behind.

• Like 15

• 3 months later...

So after another intense (and fast) season: Baltic Sea Eagles missed playoffs.

What is the reason why Baltic Sea Eagles didn’t make to playoffs? That one moment where the chances is lost? Minutes where important part of game is played and we didn’t play them?

Do you want know? (Sure, why not?)

That one point was our away game against Sjukstugan. To be more precise the last 12 minutes. You can also watch match report here, but I will tell the main parts:

We lead 3-1 in third period (time 48:00) as we take interference penalty and 30 seconds later a delay of game –penalty, so their power play 3-5. And you know what? They score twice in 26 seconds! And game is tie.

We have been a lead last 40 minutes and now we face a new challenge: Must break their momentum and start the game over. We manage to do that and game was fighting (in our end) to the last moments.

But then @Filariou (1. star of game) passed through 2-3 our defense players to @Rimpe (2. star). Which you can guess make Sjukstugan lead first time in match at time 59.17. I personally was playing good game between the posts before 3-4 goal: 13 saves out of 16. We have nothing much to do in the last seconds.

baby-about-to-cry-lead-game-80-of-time-lose-it-in-last-minute.jpg.e5a30929c74ee43d5e39bbdd335a86e5.jpg

Even today I’m having small nightmares about that goal, I could have saved it. Even as game was played in February.

So those 12 minutes was crucial to our journey, lost 2 points and missed playoff spot by one point. That tells something about how tight games was in this season (Sjukstugan finished 2. in our Pro group 1). And to playoff-teams: Don't underestimate your opponents, they can suprise you.

• Like 8

• Members
3 minutes ago, SepiDN said:

Somehow reminds me of our game against you guys.
We made it 2-1, 21sec before the end and you guys tied it at 59:58 or something like that.

And then we lost it in OT.

Haha, very true. Seems like 112 has had some eventful "60th minutes" this season :|