Few Suggestions/Ideas

Hello everybody,

I just discovered this community and this looks amazing. This is what NHL needs. Since Im a "newbie" here and I dont know this community well enough, maybe someone could shed some light on why not have:

ECL based on relegation? You know for example lets just call it ECLM (European Championship League Minors). Then at the end of the season lets say the worst ECL team plays the best ECLM team. Winner go to ECL and loser to ECLM.  All the new teams should start their way up from the ECLM. Also in case there are some big clubs out there they could have a second/affiliate/development team playing in the "minors".

Edited by Lowryy
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lowryy said:

@Jesus

Yeah Jesus I get it. New user, not too many posts etc but this isnt just some folio-hat stuff. I actually got this idea from LeagueGaming. Plus me and my buddies are thinking about joining this league but so far we couldnt really compete. Maybe as we get to practice more we will join.

@MovaaN

Thanks for the that. I wasnt aware.

LeagueGaming has very good things that could be added here also. There is lot of different things but there is also lot of more admins than we have in nhlgamer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lowryy said:

@Jesus

Yeah Jesus I get it. New user, not too many posts etc but this isnt just some folio-hat stuff. I actually got this idea from LeagueGaming. Plus me and my buddies are thinking about joining this league but so far we couldnt really compete. Maybe as we get to practice more we will join.

@MovaaN

Thanks for the that. I wasnt aware.

I was just kidding with you. But fact of the matter is that nhlgamer will implement lots of the things your asking for. You seem to have missed the debate we already had before this thread. I'm for divisions, but not 3 division since I think it will kill a lot of activity for mediocre or lesser teams. Time will tell, but I'm right! 

The only new idea you brought to the table was the thing about top teams having minor clubs in the lower division. Like Barcelona or Real Madrid in La Liga. To me, it's a cateshropic idea, but might sound interesting to others. 

And yes, LeaugeGaming has some nice concepts. 

For the people who don't know. What more do you want added from LeaugeGaming?

Edited by Jesus

47 minutes ago, Frilander said:

LeagueGaming has very good things that could be added here also. There is lot of different things but there is also lot of more admins than we have in nhlgamer.

Though we will remain EASHL focused for the foreseeable future, I really don't expect us to stop there. Especially with recent news in mind :)

The roadmap for the next few months is clear though: Get Divisions out there and make ECL even more exciting, it's what everyone is waiting for.

We are planning ahead though, so let's see what other things we want to bring to life ^_^

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Frilander said:

9 hours ago, Jesus said:

And yes, LeaugeGaming has some nice concepts. 

For the people who don't know. What more do you want added from LeaugeGaming?

Yeah Leaguegaming is awesome and I'll go as far as to say I wish our community would have joined that website instead of creating this one. What's done is done now though so meh...

Leaguegaming is several years ahead of NHLGamer any way you look at it. I mean, they have a smartphone app that allows you (among any other things)  to take game stats through OCR! In my opinion NHLGamer is never ever catching up on the technological side of things and there's no point even discussing it. On the organizational side however it should be easier to go towards implementing some things like:

- The power structure is clean and well defined and they are appropriately staffed. And yes that means there's a lot of people involved. To be honest their community is a lot more involved than ours. It's only the 3rd time I'm advocating a better power structure on this website guys. 10 more times and it might finally happen (like the division system lol).

- Their rulebook is stupidly big but also beautifully designed. No need to take the entire book (more like fucking encyclopedia) but some parts of it, sure why not?

- 3 tournaments per year

- The equivalent of their CanAm tournament, which would be I guess SWE/FIN/Other tournament for us.

- A tracker for player infractions and bans and all that.

- A LOT more media content. Like, weekly podcasts for each division + written articles by several different people for each division.

As far as I know there is no interest among European players in the classic LG league format which is very different from club tournaments (but of course now LG also has club tournaments on top of their classic leagues).

• Like 3