Should ECL titles/awards be listed on NHL Gamer?

Should NHL Gamer include titles/awards page on their site?  

34 members have voted

The results of this poll are hidden permanently..

This is an idea I had back in the day when EHL was still around. I've thought about requesting it to NHL Gamer but have always kinda "forgotten" it. Anyway, the idea is having ECL championships (and individual awards if wanted) listed on NHL Gamer under a web page of their own. This would make it easier for everybody to see which team has won which championship without having to memorize it (which might turn out to be quite tricky after multiple ECL seasons have been played) or go through the news feed. This wouldn't just be a nice little "tool" for the community, but would also give more prestige to the championship itself, as the champions would get a showcase of their own. This would also guarantee championship victory will never be forgotten - at least as long as the ECL is running.

The showcase of championships would be fairly easy to be put together. The site itself could just list ECL champions season by season from newest to oldest (or vice versa). For Example:

ECL 3 (NHL 17, PS4) - ECL 3 Champion

ECL 2 (NHL 16, PS4) - Mukimiehet

ECL 1 (NHL 16, PS4) - Nordic Blizzard

So the list would show the (number of) ECL season, the game and console that season was played on, and the name of the winning team. The console/platform won't be mandatory as long as there is no ECL being played on Xbox One (or later on on PS5 etc). Also, every column (for example "ECL 1 (NHL16, PS4) - Nordic Blizzard") should have a link which leads you to a page which is showcasing the names of all the players who were part of that winning team. Names of the players could be shown in a format of "PSN ID - NHL Gamer name", or only with NHL Gamer name. Every player name would also include a link to the player's personal NHL Gamer profile. There could also be extra information on these sites if wanted, but I thought I'd just give you a rough example. With the new divisional system coming, it would be up to NHL Gamer Staff to decide whether they would like to list Pro and Amateur champions as well, but of course it would be a nice touch, I'd say.

I feel this would be a great tool for the NHL Gamer community to follow which teams have won the ECL title before, and who are the players who've been part of that team during that time. It would be a great way to showcase NHL Gamer's greatest prize. It would be great to be able to check who've won the ECL Championship, instead of just relying on what you remember or what people tell you.

What do you guys think? Would it be a cool new feature or a totally lame idea?

Edited by Juizki
  • Like 13

• Administrators

Thank you for taking the time to write up this in such an elaborate way @Juizki! I agree with you 100%.

The idea we have is to have badges in team and player profiles and as many of you know I do enjoy recording the history of our leagues, so this is the perfect way to do so. The concept has been on our to-do list since the site opened, but as we can all see, it's not in place.

It could be a good idea to add a simpler version of what you suggested and later on build on the algorithm that we would like to have in the backend, that would actually recognise certain achievements automatically and display them in the user profile etc. I do admit that I have an ability to overthink things, so to make a page with a list could be a good start. :)

1 hour ago, Kenu said:

Thank you for taking the time to write up this in such an elaborate way @Juizki! I agree with you 100%.

The idea we have is to have badges in team and player profiles and as many of you know I do enjoy recording the history of our leagues, so this is the perfect way to do so. The concept has been on our to-do list since the site opened, but as we can all see, it's not in place.

It could be a good idea to add a simpler version of what you suggested and later on build on the algorithm that we would like to have in the backend, that would actually recognise certain achievements automatically and display them in the user profile etc. I do admit that I have an ability to overthink things, so to make a page with a list could be a good start. :)

I thought you guys might have been planning something similar, but you I thought I should bring this up since we have not had that site up yet. :D 

And yeah, I think it would be cool if there was the kind of system you described. I gave a very rough idea since it'd be something that would require very little time to create and update, since I know you guys are quite busy with the site anyways. Some code or algorithm which would gather information automatically would be always up to date, but requires time to create (or that's what I'd imagine, I've only created simple websites not codes). Anyway, it'd just be great to have a place where all the ECL winners' names would be represented without people having to navigate through team or player profiles. :P

• Like 3