Teams you follow

l-Furyan-l

• Members

Thought I'd create a topic to ask what NHL team you currently follow. Would be interesting to know if one, or a few, teams are favored by the members of this community. So, who ya got? If you want, you can also provide the story for why you follow that team!

For me, it used to be the Capitals. I was as die-hard of a fan you could possibly be (watched all the games live, had all the merchandise, went and saw games at the Verizon Center). But over a decade of continued playoff failures kind of killed my interest in them (and even the NHL for a bit) and I actually stopped following them completely.

These days I'm more of a "casual fan" when it comes to the teams but I still have that passion for the game and the NHL so services like NHL Tonight are perfect for catching up on all the action around the league.

Gun to my head, I'd probably say Nashville, Toronto and Ottawa as the teams I follow these days.

The Story started a long time ago:

It was a dark and stormy night when I was studying my own ancestors trough history of mankind. B| Then out of nowhere: a light bulb started shining in my mind. I figured out that me have American cousins.

They have pretty good records in there: when they arrived, where people live there and even out figured the street address where they had lived.O.o It was in Michigan close to Minnesota's border. And because Michigan only have university team: Michigan State Spartans. I end up following Minnesota.

This is a true story. :)

• Members
On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎23 at 10:35 PM, AndreasNo said:

Oilers is the team for me. 

Don't really know why but I'm glad now that I've stuck with them when they finally win games :D

Gotta be excited about the future too - McDavid is only the tip of the iceberg. Larsson - Klefbom looks like they could develop into a #1 pairing and Draisatl looks like the perfect #2 C. If Eberle and Lucic can continue producing as well, they could land a decent seed for the playoffs as soon as this year.

2 hours ago, The_Alpha_Furyan said:

Gotta be excited about the future too - McDavid is only the tip of the iceberg. Larsson - Klefbom looks like they could develop into a #1 pairing and Draisatl looks like the perfect #2 C. If Eberle and Lucic can continue producing as well, they could land a decent seed for the playoffs as soon as this year.

Yeah it really looks good and I'm kinda happy that Eberle has had trouble scoring since we have won anyways. It's a good backup to have when he really starts to produce points.