Scores ticker idea

Hey guys,

here's something that occurred to me last night: in the scores ticker, the games should be color-coded according to division. So every elite division game result would be displayed in a specific color, every pro result in a different color from that and every lite result in a third color. Maybe gold for elite games, silver for pro games and bronze for lite games, or something else, as long as they'd be clearly distinct from each other. Furthermore, since right now there are two colors according to the reported games' status (red for pending results and black for final results) it would get confusing if we had six colors in total. Therefore I propose that in the new three-color ticker, the pending/final status would be displayed by the former appearing as a dimmer and the latter as a brighter version of that division's color.

There are so many games being played and reported that in my opinion, this would make the scores ticker easier to follow and would make it easier for people to find the scores they're most interested in.

• Like 16

Tbh the upper menu is way too clumsy for a league this big.
I'd rather have much more simplified version for "lite" "pro" and "elite"
You would choose a match page which would then display all matches from that date
For example you choose "pro division" > "matches" which would display a page similiar to this

PRO DIVISION
           <<  Monday 20th, February  >> 

Home        Away

Team A 3-0 Team B 
      Team B 2-1 Team A OT
 Team C 1-2  Team D
Team D 2-4 Team C

R  Team E X-X Team F pending

R Team F X-X Team E pending

- Clicking the arrows should move you to next day
- Clicking a team should take it to their team page
- Clicking the result would take you to match report
- "R" would stand for re-schedule

Games that are not yet reported/played show as "X-X"
This would make it easier for staff to keep track if some games are late of the deadline as well.

Something like that but i'd rather have it quite simple because that way you don't have to scroll down much and you have all the info you want to know about your own division infront of you. No team logos (or if yes then make them small... like 25x25px or smthing) Of course make it look prettier but you get the idea.

Also team schedule should be displayed on team page not separate page for it.
Just really simple version that shows your upcoming games.

"Wednesday 22nd, feb Team C"
"Wednesday 22nd, feb Team C"
"Thursday 23rd, feb Team A"
"Thursday 23rd, feb Team A"

I like the look of the page but I think most of the stuff are made like EA does things." Looks first, gameplay 2nd"
Standings page is great. it's simple enough and yet it looks good.

Edited by SepiDN
  • Like 6

• 8 months later...
  • Administrators
11 minutes ago, Lauri said:

So over half a year and no progress, atm its utterly useless. 

@Kenu 

I'm as disappointed as you are. Haven't been able to make it a priority.

Won't give you any promises or dates, but there has been some internal developments. Thanks for the bump.

1 tunti sitten, Lauri kirjoitti:

So over half a year and no progress, atm its utterly useless. 

@Kenu 

Really no progress ? I have seen much developments over half a year. They cant add every small detail as soon as you want. Remember this page are running with and only volunteer work. So I think its idiotic to complain about progress. Atleast I think progress has been amazing so far. Keep it up guys! :x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tuukka.R said:

Really no progress ? I have seen much developments over half a year. They cant add every small detail as soon as you want. Remember this page are running with and only volunteer work. So I think its idiotic to complain about progress. Atleast I think progress has been amazing so far. Keep it up guys! :x

Did you read the topic? The ticker is the same it has been so rather than shout useless comments go do something productive. 

Edited by Lauri
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• ECL Staff
49 minutes ago, Lauri said:

Did you read the topic? The ticker is the same it has been so rather than shout useless comments go do something productive. 

Yea while we're at...

FUCKING

Usernames in the star selection, please god damn, the excuse I was given before was that you guys (devs, aka Lurkins & Kenu) weren't sure how to display all the info, that's fine and all but I've been asking about this since the beta of the stats input sheet and it's such a basic thing that simply should be there by default.

• ECL Staff
34 minutes ago, Lurkins said:

There have been a lots of progress behind the scenes. Patience.

It doesn't have to be so secretive though does it? You guys are running a decently sized tournament (in comparison to wider games, not just nhl), not a AAA dev crew. 

I understand you guys only want to show stuff when it's complete and shit but what use does that actually serve us if we complain about stuff that, if I'm being brutally honest, should have been in use from the get go of the site, only then to be greeted by a comment telling us to just be "patient"? 

Edited by MartindalexC
  • Like 1

• Administrators

The feedback is valid and welcome. Thank you for finally being brutally honest, @MartindalexC9_9

Regarding both features, I agree with you both. Not going to go into detail, but there has been a huge shortage in manpower, which we are working on getting out of (yeah, we've all heard this story before). We may not always prioritise to your (or our own) liking and the quantity of work we do is sadly not always visible to the user.

• ECL Staff
52 minutes ago, Kenu said:

The feedback is valid and welcome. Thank you for finally being brutally honest, @MartindalexC9_9

Regarding both features, I agree with you both. Not going to go into detail, but there has been a huge shortage in manpower, which we are working on getting out of (yeah, we've all heard this story before). We may not always prioritise to your (or our own) liking and the quantity of work we do is sadly not always visible to the user.

'finally' ;) 

14 hours ago, Lauri said:

I can't really know that,  can i? And imo 7 months is quite patient 😂, but clad to hear there is progress. 

Yeah sure, but we just wanna make sure that our next site update will be close to perfection. So that's the reason why we're not rushing. :)