Hey guys, just wanted to check in over here to see how things were going on the Euro side of competitive EASHL. I have to say there are a lot of things you guys do differently over here that I think we should pick up on for our competitive club league. We already picked up on the European style points system with W/OTW/OTL/L rather than the usual NHL style. I think it works out a lot better especially in a game like NHL 17 where there isn't a huge skill gap.

I get a lot of people on my youtube channel (Between the Pipes) asking about 6v6 leagues for European players and I make sure I point them in the direction of this site (i've only every heard of the ECL). I will be sure to stick around and try and keep up with what's going on over here!

Hopefully one day there will be a way to play each other without too much of a delay or even on LAN (lul). Playing Nordic Nightmare on 150 ping isn't very fun :D

Also really glad to see your main player base is on the PS4, it's way better.

Just checking in.

Edited by jonlol
  • Like 32

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I've just recently started learning how to play goalie. I'm pretty bad at it, but I just want to say that I really appreciate your videos. Also, it would be interesting to read more of your thoughts on the differences between European and North American competitive EASHL. That's interesting that you guys adopted and prefer our points system.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 6/2/2017 at 10:38 PM, jonlol said:

Hey guys, just wanted to check in over here to see how things were going on the Euro side of competitive EASHL. I have to say there are a lot of things you guys do differently over here that I think we should pick up on for our competitive club league. We already picked up on the European style points system with W/OTW/OTL/L rather than the usual NHL style. I think it works out a lot better especially in a game like NHL 17 where there isn't a huge skill gap.

I get a lot of people on my youtube channel (Between the Pipes) asking about 6v6 leagues for European players and I make sure I point them in the direction of this site (i've only every heard of the ECL). I will be sure to stick around and try and keep up with what's going on over here!

Hopefully one day there will be a way to play each other without too much of a delay or even on LAN (lul). Playing Nordic Nightmare on 150 ping isn't very fun :D

Also really glad to see your main player base is on the PS4, it's way better.

Just checking in.

Thanks for your message and sorry for no reply - I completely forgot to write you for some reason!

I would like to thank you for your support through your redirects to our website and compliments on your great videos - I've enjoyed them a lot! I also agree with you that it'd be great if we could actually play some NA vs Europe games without one being at a clear disadvantage. Hopefully that will prove possible in the near future, but I'm not holding my breath.

Kind regards,

Kenneth

• 3 weeks later...

It's hard for me to comment on the different play styles. I've only played a couple of European teams in NHL17 and it's always when we throw together a random 6 from our league's chatbox hahah. North American teams have a big play style difference between Xbox and PS4 teams. We are all starting to merge together onto PS4 though so you really see the difference. Xbox teams focus heavily on puck possession and forcing their way into the middle for the perfect chance. I see good teams taking ~8 shots a game. The top PS4 teams like JAM JAM JAM are similar with the puck possession (I think every good team is), but they will work the point more and throw shots on net more. It's nice to see that both styles are still effective.

• Like 1

That reminds me of when I switched from Xbox 360 to PS3 on old gen NHL for a while and later played on both systems. I felt like the game was played differently. PS3 teams seemed more offensive with notably less neutral zone trapping. I even started to believe that the average PS3 EHL team was simply inferior compared to the Xbox EHL teams, with the latter's perceived defensive superiority trumping the weakly organized team defense of the PS3 teams. This notion seemed common on the Xbox side of things, but it was quickly dispelled as the communities merged onto PS4 where the former PS3 teams proved to be more than competitive.