Northern Stars

cHIIMEERa

NOS 3 - 4 APO
A damn shame.. We really thought it was our turn this tournament.
Thanks to everyone who followed us throughout the season. We hope to see you in ECL6
We would also take the time to thank the NG-staff for giving us all something to play for. Keep up the good work!

Edited by cHIIMEERa
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

NOS Silly Season:

Players Leaving:
tbnantti  > SJK
Kibenibe > FA
ma0niii > Retired

Players joining:
KattenJansson97

Current Roster:

• KattenJansson97 (LW)
  • cHIIMEERa (C)
  • Floor17 (RW)
  • Rullskolskalas_ (LD)
  • <Not filled> (RD)
  • Majlen-Gaming (G)
  • BUMER (G)

We're looking for an elite RD for the offseason/NHL19

Edited by cHIIMEERa
  • Like 7

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • SCL Staff

Dropping this here as well!

9 years ago on the day, our captain @cHIIMEERa went overseas to take out all the other opponents and a certain Wayne Gretzky to become the one true Gilette Champion of Gaming of NHL10!

A couple of years and a mustasch later we can still look back at it!

Edited by ma0niii
  • Like 10
  • Love it! 4

• 1 month later...

One decade, 10 Years, 3653 days. The amount of time we’ve invested in our dear team.
It has been a great run. Me and my teammates share a very special bond, and we will be friends forever.

We’ve had 1 goal since the beginning of nhlgamer, to win ECL. The closest we’ve come is 2 semifinal appearances, (ECL1 and 5). However, we’ve had 8 attempts now without reaching our goal. We have come to terms with the fact that we’re not getting any closer either.

When we heard about SCL we hoped to go out with a bang and be successful one last time before we said our goodbyes, but alas, didn’t quite work out there either.

Anyway! Northern Stars would like to thank NHLGamer and all it’s players for all the good times!

Peace out!

“how lucky i am
to have something
that makes saying
goodbye so hard”
- Winnie the Poo

Edited by cHIIMEERa
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 9
  • Love it! 2
  • Sad 38

Tack för insatserna och alla hårda bataljer i slutspel och finaler genom åren. 

Rivaler då, men alltid en respekterad motståndare. 

Ni och ett annat svenskt lag innehar fortfarande rekordet med längst "dynasti" - och oavsett hur det sett ut de senaste åren kan ingen ta ifrån er den historian. Förmodligen kommer det ta några år till innan någon gör om den bedriften. Om ens någonsin.

Och till Floor: Motståndare och rivalitet i all ära, en briljant men och alltid jobbig spelare att möta. (Jag tror att jag talar för alla från Unknown och dåtidens "Nor" som spelat dessa matcher), att trots rivalitet, hårda bataljer, munhuggning, tjafs - så är det mindre viktigt när något sånt här tråkigt händer. Vi håller tummar för att det slutar lyckligt. Krya på dig! 

Med respekt - Tack NOS! Hatten av 🙏

Edited by iSvamp
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Eight years ago I started playing EASHL club games. Back then it was just about playing for fun, knowing nothing of the competitive side of NHL gaming. One evening we got faced up with a team that made us look like 6 Zambonis on the ice and thoroughly beat us in the first period. After the game I decided to go and see what this club was and how they were ranked in the in-game leaderboards. That's when I realized the game and especially the game mode could be played much more competitively. Having had quit FPS e-sports on PC a few years earlier, I'd thought I was done with playing anything that seriously, but now I wanted to play in a team that could challenge these guys who called themselves Northern Stars.

A few years later we faced up with Northern Stars in the playoffs in a Consolehockey tournament. It's probably the best and most memorable series for me, although quite bitter sweet. NOS climbed back from a 1-3 series deficit in a very defensive match up. Game 7 was a real thriller and I was having so much fun - until I didn't. See, in the third period of a 1-1 tie, Mullweiser made a backhand shot that deflected off my ass and into our net. We just couldn't break down the renowned NOS defence for the rest of the period, and they won the series. After the final buzzer I couldn't say a word. My team mates were offering some comfort about a good season and yadda yadda. I was having none of it. Just sat there, staring into a wall. Then I got up, walked into the kitchen, and all of a sudden I launch a wooden kitchen chair to the wall, smashing it into pieces. That's the only time I've ever lost my sh** because of a video game, but on the bright side I got new chairs. Thanks Mulle for that, I still have them!

Northern Stars was a team that redefined what team work meant in EASHL.

Northern Stars was a team that defined what loyalty and commitment meant in EASHL.

Northern Stars was a team that defined what good sportsmanship meant, gracious in both victory and defeat.

Thank you NOS for all the good times. For me, you will always be one of the greatest of all time. Best of luck in whatever you guys choose to do next!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Love it! 4

29 minutes ago, janbonator said:

Eight years ago I started playing EASHL club games. Back then it was just about playing for fun, knowing nothing of the competitive side of NHL gaming. One evening we got faced up with a team that made us look like 6 Zambonis on the ice and thoroughly beat us in the first period. After the game I decided to go and see what this club was and how they were ranked in the in-game leaderboards. That's when I realized the game and especially the game mode could be played much more competitively. Having had quit FPS e-sports on PC a few years earlier, I'd thought I was done with playing anything that seriously, but now I wanted to play in a team that could challenge these guys who called themselves Northern Stars.

A few years later we faced up with Northern Stars in the playoffs in a Consolehockey tournament. It's probably the best and most memorable series for me, although quite bitter sweet. NOS climbed back from a 1-3 series deficit in a very defensive match up. Game 7 was a real thriller and I was having so much fun - until I didn't. See, in the third period of a 1-1 tie, Mullweiser made a backhand shot that deflected off my ass and into our net. We just couldn't break down the renowned NOS defence for the rest of the period, and they won the series. After the final buzzer I couldn't say a word. My team mates were offering some comfort about a good season and yadda yadda. I was having none of it. Just sat there, staring into a wall. Then I got up, walked into the kitchen, and all of a sudden I launch a wooden kitchen chair to the wall, smashing it into pieces. That's the only time I've ever lost my sh** because of a video game, but on the bright side I got new chairs. Thanks Mulle for that, I still have them!

Northern Stars was a team that defined what loyalty and commitment meant in EASHL.

Northern Stars was a team that defined what good sportsmanship meant, gracious in both victory and defeat.

Thank you NOS for all the good times. For me, you will always be one of the greatest of all time. Best of luck in whatever you guys choose to do next!

Im not crying! You’re crying!

• Like 1

2 timmar sedan, janbonator säger:

That's beautiful man! 😃 

Been some hard battles through the years indeed! Sorry about your chair but I'm glad you like your new ones atleast! 😂

Edited by Mullweiser
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I still remember how, back in NHL 11/12, I was playing some not so serious EASHL with a group of friends and we ended up playing against this team called Northern Stars. Needless to say we got blown out of the water, and being stupid enough we went after some more. But it's still a sweet memory of how a group of friends tried to match up with NOS and finally, when we lost by just one goal, it felt like winning a championship.

I thought how cool it'd be to be part of Northern Stars, and that thought has been there until this day. Unfortunately that never happened, but thankfully I've had the privilege to square off against NOS with teams that can compete against them and, even more, had the chance to follow your journey for the most part. I've seen great teams in the EHL and ECL scene, but I don't think there's ever been another dynasty like Northern Stars were back in the day.

Thank you for writing e-hockey history, and all the best for your future endeavors!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I still remember one funny thing three years ago... I think it was NHL 16 because I started my ECL career then with SKY and yadayada. Anyway, in that NHL you didn't have an option to create your own jerseys, you just chose from ready ones. We used either Texas or Dallas Stars jerseys and it seems like NOS was using same jerseys at least in some point. Because one evening when we were playing, one of our "free tonight" players said: "How you guys dare to use same jerseys as NOS?". :D

And I remember getting raped by NOS couple of times at "oldgen" XBOX360. I didn't play 6v6 often, but when I had a chance, I played. Just for fun or with random dudes mostly, but It wasn't fun to play against you guys. That's all I remember.

It was pleasure to play against you guys in every ECL since ECL 3. Couple of Playoff-battles a.k.a Star Wars too. lol. GGs.

Respect, take care boys!

Edited by FlyerKungen
  • Like 7
  • Love it! 3