Screens for gaming + ps4 pro

chavelski

I didn't find any topics about gaming screens that is recommended in the forums so I decided to open one.

My PS4 have after this year started to sound like a tractor everytime i play so i  am going to upgrade it to the ps4 pro.

I am also using a huge TV and its not really optimal for gaming so I would like to combine the upgrade of ps4 to a ps4 pro with a gaming screen that will be compatibable with maybe 4k support coming out? I honestly don't know what I am talking about so please somebody help out give me some pointers what screen I should buy etc. I have heard that Acer Predator is good but maybe there is other ones out there. Thank you in advance!

1c491f71b689e82d6e838b5d8ce5cbdfef41723662d1ce5e5cf34f32ae60a7a3.jpg.8ba9a6d4f6c816d8cb38ccb5427426df.jpg

Unless you also wanna play 4K PC games, Benq have some nice monitors developed for console gaming. Very low input lag.

Im using the RL2755. 

For 4K streaming movies etc you should get a big 4K tv. :) 

Edit: 

Right, there are PS4 games with "4k". I would still get one benq for competetive gaming and then a big screen tv for the rest

Edited by Egyptologen
  • Like 1

• ECL Staff

Also you should take note of the refresh rate. The Acer Predator has 144hz which is good for competitive games such as CS and shit where you will often have more than 200 fps, you will however get zero benefit from it if you just use the screen for PS4 gaming since the fps never goes higher than 60. So I'd save the money and go for a low input lag 4k 60hz screen. 

• Like 3

So far the ideal 4K console gaming TV is the Samsung KS7000 (exact model may vary per country, e.g. in Germany it's called KS7090).

It has 22ms of input lag which is very good for a TV (input lag for monitors is usually around 10ms). Also supports 10-bit HDR (make sure you get a 10-bit capable display, otherwise you won't benefit from HDR).

The 49 inch version cost me around 1000€ in January, it got a little cheaper in the meantime.

No idea about monitors but people already suggested a couple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MartindalexC said:

Also you should take note of the refresh rate. The Acer Predator has 144hz which is good for competitive games such as CS and shit where you will often have more than 200 fps, you will however get zero benefit from it if you just use the screen for PS4 gaming since the fps never goes higher than 60. So I'd save the money and go for a low input lag 4k 60hz screen. 

Pretty much this. Most of the offerings in Acer's Predator line will feature higher refresh rate (monitors in general labeled as "gaming" will have improved refresh rate).

As Connor said, if you don't game on PC, get a basic 4k@60. Panel? IPS - better color reproduction, viewing angles, generally slower response time; TN - quicker response time, worse viewing angles and somewhat washed out colors. For a 60hz panel anything around 5ms will be good enough due to the refresh rate bottleneck.

Another thing to consider - the actual input lag (something that shouldn't be confused with response time). Might be rather tricky to find out the info as most manufactures don't advertise it and there are different ways of measuring it. That said, here's a link to a database to get you started: https://displaylag.com/display-database/

• Like 3

• Administrators

My gaming monitor is BenQ 24" ZOWIE XL2411 144hz. Great choice if you also play FPS games with your PC. Proper chair+office table+PC+PS4+Gaming Monitor = Perfection. You will have a decent distance to the monitor and no more lying in too soft sofa with sweaty ass and sore back.  :ph34r:

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Nahkatoteemi said:

My gaming monitor is BenQ 24" ZOWIE XL2411 144hz. Great choice if you also play FPS games with your PC. Proper chair+office table+PC+PS4+Gaming Monitor = Perfection. You will have a decent distance to the monitor and no more lying in too soft sofa with sweaty ass and sore back.  :ph34r:

Best monitor you can get! Love it :x

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nahkatoteemi said:

Heh, I got the same model(XL2411z) as a second monitor. Works great (tho probably overkill for chavelski if he's not playing on PC) .

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 7/26/2017 at 1:43 PM, gzell60 said:

So far the ideal 4K console gaming TV is the Samsung KS7000 (exact model may vary per country, e.g. in Germany it's called KS7090).

It has 22ms of input lag which is very good for a TV (input lag for monitors is usually around 10ms). Also supports 10-bit HDR (make sure you get a 10-bit capable display, otherwise you won't benefit from HDR).

The 49 inch version cost me around 1000€ in January, it got a little cheaper in the meantime.

No idea about monitors but people already suggested a couple.

I have the next version of this, the KS8000 (this model is called the KS9000 in the US, whereas in Europe the KS 9000 is a curved screen). 55" and very good.

Slightly old test of input lag, but a good reference: http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag

The difference between the KS7000 and KS8000 are quite small, but nowadays the 8000 is not that expensive either.

In case you happen to own the KS8000, here are some recommended settings:

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000/settings

Considering getting a gaming monitor too for competitive purposes, but for gaming overall, I enjoy the big screen. :)

• Like 1

On ‎28‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 10:00 PM, iSvamp said:

I use 2 of this for my PC and PS4 -> ZOWIE by BenQ XL2430 24” 144Hz e-Sports Monitor
1ms, great colors, 144Hz and 1920x1080

Been using BenQ screens for like 8 years. A good buy

Don't confuse response time with input lag though. That 1 ms you mentioned, and which a lot of manufacturers use in misleading context, is response time. Input lag for said display is around 10 ms.

3 minutes ago, gzell60 said:

Don't confuse response time with input lag though. That 1 ms you mentioned, and which a lot of manufacturers use in misleading context, is response time. Input lag for said display is around 10 ms.

Go and hunt Pokémons, Ash

5 minutes ago, gzell60 said:

Not sure if Pokémon or the difference between response time and input lag, which you and many other people mix up, is the more valuable piece of information for chavelski.

Do i? I didn't mentioned anything else than 1ms, ash

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2017 at 10:39 AM, chavelski said:

I didn't find any topics about gaming screens that is recommended in the forums so I decided to open one.

My PS4 have after this year started to sound like a tractor everytime i play so i  am going to upgrade it to the ps4 pro.

I am also using a huge TV and its not really optimal for gaming so I would like to combine the upgrade of ps4 to a ps4 pro with a gaming screen that will be compatibable with maybe 4k support coming out? I honestly don't know what I am talking about so please somebody help out give me some pointers what screen I should buy etc. I have heard that Acer Predator is good but maybe there is other ones out there. Thank you in advance!

1c491f71b689e82d6e838b5d8ce5cbdfef41723662d1ce5e5cf34f32ae60a7a3.jpg.8ba9a6d4f6c816d8cb38ccb5427426df.jpg

Yes, You are right acer Predator is good for gaming and You should buy Ips screen display for gaming. Because It is one of the best screen displayer. Get more info on this site.