Rusty Blades

Tanski87

rustybpng2.png.8f7b792b29ead458f3a609138f815289.png

Small and unite group of Finnish guys.
Team was formed pretty much right after ECL2.
There was a lot of players that had no 6vs6 experience and some without EASHL experience at all.

I'm going to tell a bit about our guys in current roster.

G: Supreex(A)
A rough diamond when I found him wandering in Finnish gaming forum.
It didn't take long to notice that he surely had skills to be a great goalie one day.
Sure yeah he was not used to play 6vs6 against top players, so he naturally had some adjustments to do in his game.
As the community has noticed he has became one of the best goaltenders in EASHL, if not the best. That is a choice of an opinion.
Winner of the Summer Cup 2.

LD: kinnune
Good solid defender. Good eye for the game and doesnt have any big weaknesses.
Came to Rusty from Murohoki with koojiikoojii and Albatrooss, who is playing in Sika these days.
Does not talk much, but was once caught signing "We are the champions".

RD: Pock79
Solid D. Does not probably play much, time will show.

RD/C:  Tanski87(C)
Likes hitting and fast puck movement. Soon to be father of three, so old and tiiiireeed.

RD: Kikiukko
The one who speaks a lot. Oldest of the Kinnunen clan. Does not sing for some reason.
Solid D-man like his younger brother Kinnune. Can adapt his game to any kind of situation.

LW/C: Wuorio
One of the original team members.
Veteran of the game series.
Good at both ends of the ice. Solid at pretty much everything.

C/LW/D:  koojiikoojii(A)
Straight outta Joensuu. Likes to sing karaoke.
Played in Murohoki before coming home to Rusty Blades.
Two-way player. Does not wada-move lot, but does not need to.
Good player to have for good team spirit.

RW: Lamsa
Dirty Kantor, also known as Vippiveikko, Hauki, gädda and lots of things.
Knows how to score and likes to do it. A lot.
I have known this guy for ages, he has known me for ages, we are godfathers of our first born kids.
So I know him well. Give him the puck, he will score. Or be in off-side.

That is pretty much our current roster.

Facebook

Twitch

Edited by Tanski87
  • Like 21

13 minutes ago, MrNiceguyEddie said:

kj is also pretty good in net, or what you guys think. I'm wondering is he's also the second goalie when necessary?

Welllllll. Once he only allowed 7 goals, but positioning was like 89% So yeah, he is pretty solid in the net. 😁

As for bring serious: He can play G if needed. So can I and Wuorio. Kinnu Bros are best backup for Supreex. But I do not believe Supreex really needs a backup. He is that active. 🤗

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanski87 said:

Welllllll. Once he only allowed 7 goals, but positioning was like 89% So yeah, he is pretty solid in the net. 😁

As for bring serious: He can play G if needed. So can I and Wuorio. Kinnu Bros are best backup for Supreex. But I do not believe Supreex really needs a backup. He is that active. 🤗

Yeah, just joking little bit. :D Great team. I wish you the best luck for the next coming season.

• Like 1

Nice! I wish more teams would introduce their teams like tanski did. Fun to read. Would be nice if staff members would do some interviews about ecl-teams expectations for ECL5, roster changes and in overall how teams are doing.

Gotta say also, Rusty Blades has amazing team spirit and its always pleasure to get play with these guys. True hockey team without any divas and whiners. And one of the vittumaisin team to play against:ph34r:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Albatross said:

Nice! I wish more teams would introduce their teams like tanski did. Fun to read. Would be nice if staff members would do some interviews about ecl-teams expectations for ECL5, roster changes and in overall how teams are doing.

Gotta say also, Rusty Blades has amazing team spirit and its always pleasure to get play with these guys. True hockey team without any divas and whiners. And one of the vittumaisin team to play against:ph34r:

It was just little something something. 😁 Actually took couple days to get this written, as my two little toddlers really dont give me an opportunity to concentrate in writing. And obviously when they sleep, its time for some beta-action. 

And thanks for the nice words. It is always a pleasure to play with you. 

I dont know about "one of the vittumaisin", but I have heard an expression "Tulee päälle, kuin Rusty Blades" 🤣

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

korttisupix.jpg.391183de52eed42631eed97cb879bdf8.jpg

Hey all! Going to introduce our players while waiting for NHL18 to finally arrive.
Just a few questions from the players.

First interviewed is our goalie Supreex. First ever Summer Cup winner from Rusty Blades.

Name: Supreex
Glove: Left
Style: Butterfly

Supreex started his ECL career in ECL3 with his first and only team by far Rusty Blades.
For the team the first season was hard and play-offs slided out of reach.
Supreex in the other hand had a great season as the defense of Rusty Blades was a bit off in their debute season.

For ECL 4 the team and their goalie was much better prepared and recorded regular season 20-5-3. They managed to end up in 3th position in group 1, right after Carlsberg HC and Sjukstugan. Carlsberg winner of the Pro division lost only 4 games in regular season. Two of them was against Supreex's team with one of them being a shutout.
But there was no fairytale ending after great season from Supreex. Pro division playoffs, semi final, game seven, overtime. That was where the season ended against well defending Silver Sword Griffins.

After a while Summer Cup came and Supreex bounced right back up from the devastating loss in semi's.
He was a beast on the net of NG Cheap Shot. Ended up as a winner in Summer Cup. Pelimies80 must had been happy about drafting this goalie to his Summer Cup team NG Cheap Shot.

Now Supreex is getting ready for the ECL5 with his team Rusty Blades.
He is really determined to achieve something great, that I can say.

supreextilastot.jpg.26d876cbd6308c7a100436c7d956d355.jpg

supreextilastot.jpg.26d876cbd6308c7a100436c7d956d355.jpgsupreextilastot.jpg.26d876cbd6308c7a100436c7d956d355.jpg

supreextilastot.jpg.26d876cbd6308c7a100436c7d956d355.jpg

How did you find EASHL?
Supreex: A friend recommended. Started to play random games with them.

Why Rusty Blades?
Supreex: "Drafted" from a Finnish nhl forum by them.

Your main goals for NHL18?
Supreex: Elite

Lots of eSports these days. Why NHL-series from all of the alternatives?
Supreex: Only game where I am good at. Mostly due to countless hours of playing.

Your role-model from real hockey? Why?
Supreex: Devan Dubnyk. Because goalie and Minnesota.

Your skills as a goalie was truly noticed by the community during the Summer Cup. How does that make you feel and does it bring you some pressure?
Supreex: Not really, I try not to think about it and just try to keep improving my playing.

Thats all for now. Until the next player.

https://www.facebook.com/RustyBladesEASHL

Edited by Tanski87
Added some more
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

• Members
45 minutes ago, Tanski87 said:

I must thank you for the feedback and amount of likes for the first player introduction.
I tought it was a bit short so I added a little something to it.

Next player might be coming today. ;)

Well done! Can't wait for next :) 

• Like 1

korttikoojii.jpg.0a821f920cee789a017eae0498578102.jpg

Name: koojiikoojii - Joe Happy
Stick: Right
Style: Grinder

C/LW

Koojikoojii aka Koutsi started his ECL-career at pretty much the same time he started EASHL.
He started to play in ECL2 as a Murohoki player. He only got to play 8 games in the regular season and 9 playoffs games.
During the ECL3 season he, Albatross and Kinnune from Murohoki started to play as a loan players with Rusty Blades.
After the long ECL3 it was confirmed and koojiikoojii was one of the newest Rusty Blades members.
Team captain Tanski87 had noticed Koutsi's drive to increase his playing level, ability to play smart defensive game and heart of a true team player.

Koojiikoojii was named an assist capitain of Rusty Blades in ECL4. He played 24 games in the regular season scoring 43 points and finished with +32.
It was a good season from Koutsi, but the "spring" was a little too short after Rusty Blades lost game 7 against Silver Sword Griffins in a thriller series.

ECL5 is getting near and Koutsi is more than ready to play some great two-way hockey and to be a part of Rusty Blades that is better than ever.

koojiitilastot.thumb.jpg.de1c92788add27dc18db24e5012fa3ab.jpg

How did you find EASHL?
koojiikoojii: I started playing eashl in NHL16. Me and my best mate Kinnunen were playing GM Connected in NHL14 and we tought when new Playstation comes we'll jump to eashl scene.
So we did and we joined Murohoki before '15 christmas.
We had a good playoff run in our first ECL2 season and I was sold in to this game mode!

Why Rusty Blades?
koojiikoojii: Rusty Blades was easy choice for me after I left Murohoki.
We are mature nice potential, gaming wise also!

koojiikoojii: In NHL18 I will try to be as annoying as possible for enemies.
Besides that, I will try to push my offensive skills further.

koojiikoojii: I like team based eSports and NHL is great.

koojiikoojii: There is none.

Edited by Tanski87
  • Like 9

korttiwuorio.jpg.41a4fb7339401a2f7bb65dc6c2832187.jpg

Name: Wuorio - Fuhrer Wuorio
Position: LW/C

We sat down with Rusty Blades original Wuorio to discuss about his past in the world of EASHL.
At first we talke about his player type.
Wuorio: My player type in the game is different with each Nhl, in Nhl 17 it was mostly powerforward but in Nhl 18 beta I found that sniper was my go to type. My playing style is fast give and go hockey and I have a soul of a playmaker.

tilastotW.thumb.jpg.e6e42f03eab45a2038ea864588bfc701.jpg

How did you find EASHL?
Wuorio:
My history starts with NES-game Blades of Steel and I think I have played every single Nhl game to this date. My eashl career started way back in Nhl 12 where I finally tried eashl game mode in a public club. Quickly after that I moved to a team called Hc Irtokiekko. I played with them until I wanted to start my own team Hc Turmion Rillaajat. My club stayed around almost midway to Nhl 14 but sadly I was too tired to keep my own club going. After that I joined with Tiki Talk played with them for a while, I think I still have passing record for a most passes in one game with them. Ea plese bring back eashl team records...
I left Tiki Talk when my lack of free time was limiting my ability to play at high-level.
I think I joined with Bloody Elbows after Tiki Talk and played with them to Nhl 15. Late in Nhl 15 activity in Elbows was low for a long time and I found my self in a new clud called Cinnemon Ace´s with I played for the rest of Nhl 15. In Nhl 16 team didn´t continue so I joined with Ace Holes and played couple of months with them from there I joined with Old Farts.
There might be some gaps with this history, my memory is not so good anymore [insert old man joke here].

Why Rusty Blades?
Wuorio:
I am one of the orginal members of Rusty Blades. I joined with them after legendary team Old Farts broke down in two Mr. Yrjö´s Fat Cats and Mr. Tanski`s Rusty Blades. Mr. Tanski asked to join him with his new team so because I haven´t found another team yet, I joined with him to build a new 6vs6 team and tutor some new players.

Wuorio: My goals in Nhl 18 is to play consistetly good and make my teammates better in the ice. I will also going to try my best to fight against L1 spam which I don´t use except to block a shot. My bonus objective is to annoy as much as possible all so called “Jonne” players in the game.

Wuorio:
I think Nhl is not quit there yet to be a serious enough game to be called eSports game like Dota, CS or HS, but why I play Nhl is because I love hockey and there really is not any other choise.

Wuorio: My alltime favorite player is Finnish Flash Teemu Selänne, but in the game I think I am a mix of Saku Koivu and Jere Lehtinen.As an side note you might see lots of goals from Kantor passed by Wuorio, like Teeme and Saku so many times in real life.

Wuorio passing Dirty Kantor's goal #2000 in NHL17

https://www.facebook.com/RustyBladesEASHL

• Like 7

korttikinu.jpg.e2a9082cdc77a38a2d50b8788476e249.jpg

Name: Kinnune - Eric Daze
Position: LD

Kinnune middle one of the Kinnu Bros, youngest one of the ones in Rusty Blades.
Came to Rusty Blades at the same time with koojiikoojii from Murohoki.

On 8/16/2017 at 6:24 PM, Tanski87 said:

koojiikoojii: I started playing eashl in NHL16. Me and my best mate Kinnunen were playing GM Connected in NHL14 and we tought when new Playstation comes we'll jump to eashl scene.

Kinu played a good debute ECL-season in Rusty Blades, playing 24 regular season games and having +32.
Like everyone does have good and bad days, so does this youngish defender. But when things goes real you can always count on him to play on his highest level. Kinu "Kaukovainios Major" Kinnune is ready for NHL18.

kinutilastot.thumb.jpg.a4360c560f04936f876642d740c9438b.jpg

How did you find EASHL?
Kinnune: We had Muro GMconnected league and we started höntsä'ing EASHL with koojiikoojii during those league games.

Why Rusty Blades?
Kinnune: Becouse I have same contract with koojiikoojii. A roll of pink tape.

Kinnune: My goal? There is only one goal aka Elite.

Kinnune: The one and only videogame I have never been bored with.

Kinnune: Brent Seabrook, best all-around defender.

• Like 8

korttitanskix.jpg.5274b5bb4b32fb157680a7930aded992.jpg

Name: Tanski87 - Eino Pahkasanta
Stick: Left
Position: RD/C

Tanski started his EASHL career at 09 when the game mode was introduced in EA's NHL series.
Raging Hockey Bears was the first team with most active being Tanskanen(Tanski87), Lamsa, xTommiRx, JanRei and Temmi79.
But soon team merged to play with Ganiye, DaSats, Hemppamies and Ale_012 and that team was named Finnish Ice Breakers.
FiB never played too seriously, but was a regular name among top-10 of EASHL teams. After few years team was not active anymore and they merged in to We Kings to play with Hbnzo, Vbnzo, Jopeelo, EpiWins, Johtaja and Janikka. Tanskanen(Tanski87) was pretty much the only one that remained active from old Finnish ice Breakers and there was couple years of good and fun hockey with We Kings.
After PS4 came the team We Kings was no more. Tanski decided to keep out of EASHL and NHL until ECL1 when he decided to play with his old D-pair from Woodhands HC's first steps as a 6vs6 team. Rankaisija "The Bunisher" signed Tanski when he called out to be a free agent.
ECL1 did not go well for The Old Farts. Season ended in regular season. There was a felling around that Old Farts would not continue. And that did happen as yrjoo formed Fat Cats and Tanski formed Rusty Blades. Wuorio was one of the players that joined to Rusty Blades from Old Farts. Some other forming members we're Bobby4Orr_Fin and Lamsa aka Dirty Kantor.
Team was full of players that had no experience of 6vs6 or EASHL at all. Team has gone some major changes under Tanski's control. Roster is small, active, competitive but most important is that atmosphere is great.
Tanski87 and his team mates are thrilled and waiting for NHL18 and ECL5.

Tanskitilastot.thumb.jpg.15aa16d708635c6053f0082b7b30706b.jpg

How did you find EASHL?
Tanski87: Heard about the upcoming mode before NHL09 was released. I was really thrilled about the idea of every player controlled by a real person. I can still feel the same anxious wait before realease of the new version.

Why Rusty Blades?
Tanski87: It felt like a right time to form a new team. A fresh start.

Tanski87: To play some great hockey as a team. To be as good as we can be. And I promise that it will be better than has been seen by far.

Tanski87: For me this is the only choice. I love hockey.

Tanski87:
I dont know about that. As a defender I would have to say prime-time Chris Pronger. Hard hitting play with abilityt to be offensive threat also.

Edited by Tanski87
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

korttikiki.jpg.a7ecd8a31385ae197270a3f2fe650e7d.jpg

Name: kikiukko - Adde Pendikäinen
Position: RD/LD

Kikiukko the oldest of Kinnu Bros.
Kikiukko is good all-around d-man. He has no sparkly moves or rocking hits, but in the other hand he has no weaknesses on the ice.
Propably everyone who has played with him and has been on the voice chat does know that this guy is fun to play with.
Kikiukko has represented multiple teams in ECL: Vastaanottokeskus, Los Dominos, Murohoki and Old Farts. Now he is part of Rusty Blades like his younger brother kinnune.

tilastokiki.thumb.jpg.a8fbeea83ab44381e54ea37ec298bfcb.jpg

How did you find EASHL?
kikiukko:
My younger brothers Kinnune and Kinuz played EASHL and it got mee too year and a half ago.

Why Rusty Blades?
kikukko:
Good team spirit and chance to succeed.

kikiukko:
Get lots of games and help the team.

kikiukko:
I'm better in NHL than CS. :D

kikiukko:
Atte Pentikäinen wich is my player name also. He is trying 100% every time, but usually plays bad like me.

How do you like playing with your brother in the same team?
kikiukko:
It's fun. Although he does not usually speak a lot.

Edited by Tanski87
  • Like 6

korttikantor.jpg.86648aa2f10103352f9b15144299c063.jpg

Name: Lamsa - Dirty Kantor
Position: RW (Lamsa: sometimes I would like to try RD, but Supreex wont let me)

Lamsa draw his first skate lines on EASHL ice at NHL09. But that was not the real start of his 6vs6 career.
When Rusty Blades was formed Dirty Kantor abounded AI-hockey.
For all these years Dirty Kantor played as a LW, but team captain made him change to RW.
As a RW Kantor has made some real impact. Natural goal scorer and agitated opponents.
Lamsa has played 82 regular season games and has scored outstanding 130 goals.

tilastolamsa.thumb.jpg.ef74fd0c9e9a01fb6bc822aca876455b.jpg

How did you find EASHL?
Lamsa:
Tanski asked me to start EASHL when it was releaed 09. I even changed my Xbox to PS3 just for this.
After that I had a years long break until I started again at NHL16 surprise surprise asked by Tanski

Why Rusty Blades?
Lamsa:
Tanski(surprise) asked me to play for his new team.
I have not even thought about playing for any other team. We are playing fairly well and it is nice to play here.
From this thanks are going to all my team mates.

Lamsa:
To improve my own game and skills. And have a three long "springs" with Rusty. ;)

Lamsa:
Ice hockey is a sport I have always followed. And NHL is a game series I have played since a little Kantor.
Fifa would be nice to try too, but the diving button is missing from it.

Lamsa:
No one.
Tanski87: Lamsa has told several times that Pat Kane #88 is mentored by him.

Facebook.com/rustybladeseashl

twitch.tv/rustybladeseashl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Now it is turn to introduce our fresh and new mascot.

albamascot.jpg.a5ddfbfa0c24eae1196d8c83dc572422.jpg

Why Rusty Blades?
As a long-term unemployed hockey fan, I got a call from KELA and a nice old lady on the other end told me that there might be a job available in Loveland. I got really excited, mainly because i was about to lose my unemployment daily allowance because too many job offer rejects by me. So here i was, after 200 flew kilometers, one awkward job interview and shit load of sweat later, Tanski finally offered me a contract and lunch from ABC LOVELAND. 

Main goal as mascot?

Obviously to cheer my buddys to victory, and of course try not to look like a fool out there. This isnt the job that I want to tell my friends or mother in law about. But this 9 euros per hour salary keeps me cheering there like a cocaine addict. 

There is no cheerleaders in EASHL-arenas. How do you feel about that?

We live time of equality and its fine. And besides, i cant lose this job. Who the hell would look at me if theres a dozens of pretty ladies? I would be worthless. Also, cheerleaders would affect badly of teams performance, cause players wouldnt stop staring at them.

Your twin cousin plays hockey in EASHL. How close you are with him?

I know Andy Albatross well, he lives next to my hous... oh f*** it. I cant keep these secrets in my head anymore. I cant lie anymore. Lets just but it this way, After expensive divorce, few stupid consumer loans and too many hours spent playing kultajaska, im broke. I had to take 2 jobs. Ofc i asked raise from @vSilenttio but after my recent game performance, he said he should slap me in the face instead. So here I was, crawling back to Tanski asking any job he can offer. It has been very challenging to do 2 jobs at the same time. Like last time when SIKA was going to visit Rusty blades in Loveland. When we were packing the onnibus and everyone kept asking why i have two hockey bags. Well obviously my bird costume was in the other bag which i had to hide to penalty box. Oh boy i took alot of penalties during that game. It was the only way how i could play hockey and being mascot at the same time. Scary times..

You are a bird, Any comments on that?

So i am a bird, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Your motto?

life's too short to have boring hair

Rusty Blades are not to be held at any responsibility over this weird bird or at anything he says.
He is only a harmless and simple fan who lives at his own world. He is liked very much, but Rusty Blades officials deny any official contract between him and the team.

Edited by Tanski87
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

RBvsNAx.jpg.a8f5f7ab508068bc218597bddfa3ba4c.jpg

Regular season and first games in Elite was played yesterday.
Opponent was one of the hardest ones, but we did play really solid and showed that we will not be easy points to no one.
Offense did their job and scored more than opponents. Defense was great as a team and Supreex was the last lock on the net.

Game1: https://nhlgamer.com/match.php?matchID=4980
Highlights: https://youtu.be/cE7c4--WpQQ

Game2: https://nhlgamer.com/match.php?matchID=4991
Highlights: https://youtu.be/OnaVvTPysq8

Both games, full video: https://youtu.be/2f1xHnmhPXY

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2