Janikka and Johtaja present: Asiallisuuden korneri

As a spiritual spin-off to the infamous one-off podcast "Kusipäisyyden korneri" by Teemu "Johtaja" Ylösmäki and Oskari "OODAP" Koivuniemi, I give you the much tamer "Asiallisuuden korneri" where Johtaja and I discuss team dynamics, the dilemmas faced by GMs, and what goes into making a team work together. The conversation was off-the-cuff and not as in-depth as I originally intended. Still, we drew from experience playing EHL/ECL and figured we'd have something meaningful to say. Failing that, at least we got to listen to our own voices. 

As Johtaja pointed out to me after the recording session, it does feel more like an interview, with me asking the questions and Johtaja answering them, than a conversation between two active participants. Johtaja is the one who, for most of his time playing EASHL, has been running his own teams. Therefore, it felt natural to me that I step back and convey his perspective from all those years of managing a team. That's not to say I shouldn't have been more active, though.

Just like Kusipäisyyden korneri, this is entirely in Finnish. However, if for some reason there is demand, I will subtitle it in English before uploading the podcast to YouTube.

Asiallisuuden korneri is in no way intended to compete with ECL Talk, the official podcast by NHL Gamer. We're in a different language, and we didn't really veer into their territory with our topic. You're doing well, Alpha and Silenttio, and we appreciate your effort.

I started this thread already to forewarn the community of the imminent release of Asiallisuuden korneri and to find out whether I should make those subtitles. I've completed the most painstaking part of the editing, so it's possible that I'll upload the finished podcast later today.

Edited by Janikka
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Nice! 

I would love if you guys made it available in English for us who don't speak finish in the community...

I think it's great that you guys do this but if it's possible in future you should try to speak English only... If we as a community wants to grow in numbers we need to use a language that everyone understands. 

• Like 2

My English is so rusty... i understand almost perfectly but my writing n specially speaking on English is far from Good.... if We would have make It on English my part of this shit would be maybe 30% when It is 100% in Finnish , i apoligize but hope those 1 or two foreign who want lissen us would satisfied for subtitles at least for now, maybe in future if i practise again some English It would be possible, guess have start play wow again n raid then i was pretty Good spoken also in English but when u do not speak It years It all get so rusty n u forget lot of words as u see now when i have wrote this😒

• Like 1

Okey! It's always nice when you work just to listen at the episode so that's why it sucks for me when I have to read the subtitles instead.

But hey, good initiative by both of you. It sucks for me that I can't speak finish as I said, maybe Torro can learn me some words...  Maybe in the future you and the almighty JANI T will produce a episode in English! Time will tell 👏🏻

Keep up the good work! 

59 minutes ago, J0HTAJA said:

My English is so rusty... i understand almost perfectly but my writing n specially speaking on English is far from Good.... if We would have make It on English my part of this shit would be maybe 30% when It is 100% in Finnish , i apoligize but hope those 1 or two foreign who want lissen us would satisfied for subtitles at least for now, maybe in future if i practise again some English It would be possible, guess have start play wow again n raid then i was pretty Good spoken also in English but when u do not speak It years It all get so rusty n u forget lot of words as u see now when i have wrote this😒

But rusty sounds good to me. 🤔

Just get enough of mukia and your english will be perfect. At least you will feel like it. 😎

I'll be leaving the subtitles out, at least for now. I realized it was going to be more work than I thought. Johtaja's mind can be a bit tricky to translate. :D It's certainly doable and I might well return to add subtitles at some point, but I'm currently running on a lack of sleep and I'd need to actually focus on the translating.

I do want to be inclusive and would love to let everyone who's willing to listen in on what we're saying in the podcast. I actually suggested to Johtaja that we record in English, but it's like he posted in this thread: the true Johtaja will only come out in his native language, and I wish to invite people to really experience the man whom I consider one of the most distinct personas in the community. I personally wouldn't mind doing something like this in English sometime, so we'll see.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Penatski said:

Team spirit doesnt win championships. - Nico ''nylanderi'' Laitinen 

I think this can be a very valid point, in all honesty. Look at musicians, for instance: a lot of the best stuff gets made under very high tensions between collaborators. I think decent arguments can be made for either view as these things aren't very black and white. Even though we're seemingly presenting our thoughts in the podcast as some ultimate fact, Johtaja and I certainly welcome differing opinions!

Anyway, thank you for all of your lovely words. And to pelimies I would say that while we greatly value your feedback and appreciate the encouragement, we certainly don't want to step on ECL Talk's toes and feel like there's ample room for both that official podcast by the wonderful Alpha_Furyan and vSilenttio as well as our little thing that we did here. Perhaps your comment was in jest, but I wanted to say this either way. :)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1