Best Gaming Monitor

MichaelJohnson

144 hz is not necessary when you only can get 60 hz from your console. I would not say that a TN panel is the best panel when you get much better picture quality from a IPS panel. The difference from 1 ms to 4-5 ms is nothing that you will notice.

Edited by Tauri

• 2 weeks later...
On 22.8.2017 at 3:00 PM, Tauri said:

144 hz is not necessary when you only can get 60 hz from your console. I would not say that a TN panel is the best panel when you get much better picture quality from a IPS panel. The difference from 1 ms to 4-5 ms is nothing that you will notice.

Can you get significant benefit playing NHL with gaiming monitor vs. normal full-hd with 200 Hz?

• ECL Staff
21 minutes ago, Ranksu said:

Can you get significant benefit playing NHL with gaiming monitor vs. normal full-hd with 200 Hz?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Hz rate doesn't matter as myself and others have pointed out. (As long as it's 60, although I don't think monitors are even manufactured below that now)

As for resolution, having a ps pro will allow nhl to look nicer on a 1080p screen but a 1440p or 4k screen will be needed to get the full, or near full benefit from the system. 

Edited by MartindalexC
  • Thanks 2

Mainly as pointed before with PS it doesn't matter if you have 60hz or or higher monitor. I've always liked to use my gaming monitor for NHL for other reasons. For example you get better posture while sitting in front of desk for longer sessions and IMO monitor has better contrast and color fullness. It has nothing to do with refresh rate, I just prefer playing with monitor :) And of course while streaming I can use my auxiliary monitors to follow chat and stream quality :) P.S. Just ordered my 24" 144Hz gaming monitor so after this I have 3 screens to choose from :D 

Edited by MovaaN
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 10:34 PM, Ranksu said:

Hello friends! First of all Thanks for replaying me back and Rankshu i suppose your question is not clear regarding gaming monitor and HD monitor. So, please ask clearly what you want to ask.

• 5 months later...

https://www.jimms.fi/fi/Product/Show/132904/um-me0ee-010/acer-43-et430k-4k-ips-monitori-valkoinen-tarjous-normaalihinta-699

I almost bought this one as it would have had lower response time and input lag than any tv at same size (43"). But after some reading the panel has purnin problems, so I'm still looking for some nice compromise on price, size, resolution and colour debht (HDR). Also  panel response time and monitor/TV inputlag is a major factor as normal tv's are known to have 20...60 ms input lag - But not many manufacturer gives these information :(

I have relative small gaming room so no need for any bigger TV/Panel.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The gaming monitor market is continuously growing, and it's becoming easier to find the ideal monitor for your needs. Depending on the games you play and your price range, you'll need a different monitor than someone else. Most gaming monitors have variable refresh rate (VRR) support, low input lag, and a quick response time for a good gaming experience. However, what makes higher-end monitors better than cheaper ones is the included features, like HDMI 2.1 bandwidth for gaming on the PS5 or Xbox Series X. There are high-resolution monitors if you want an immersive gaming experience, and there are others with a higher refresh rate and lower resolution, so there's no perfect solution for everyone.

The gaming monitor market is continuously growing, and it's becoming easier to find the ideal monitor for your needs. Depending on the games you play and your price range, you'll need a different monitor than someone else. Most gaming monitors have variable refresh rate (VRR) support, low input lag, and a quick response time for a good gaming experience. However, what makes higher-end monitors better than cheaper ones is the included features, like HDMI 2.1 bandwidth for gaming on the PS5 or Xbox Series X. There are high-resolution monitors if you want an immersive gaming experience, and there are others with a higher refresh rate and lower resolution, so there's no perfect solution for everyone.

Edited by infomationals