100mb/s upload on pc, 2 mb/s upload on ps4?

Dercie

• SCL Staff

hi, I have a network output directly connected to my PC and I got 100/100 mb/s speed at PC. When I connect it directly to the PS4 I get 50/2 mb/s. How can this be? Is the network card in the PS4 that much of a game changer? With a router I also get 50/2 mb/s on the PS4.

Cheers

The PS4 network card isn't the hottest, that's a known fact, but 50/2 is weird still. Maybe some sort of router-based eco mode is activated for the PS4 (or the LAN port that it is plugged into)? Check your settings there. You could also try rebuilding the database on your PS4, which fixes most of the issues and also keeps all your data.

25 minuuttia sitten, Tauri kirjoitti:

Ye, but still better responstime than in sweden :)

Sorry man, but you are totally lost.

Sweden: Best connections EU

Germany: Best highways EU

Finland: Best mukimiehet EU

Edited by Aze
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• SCL Staff
9 hours ago, gzell60 said:

The PS4 network card isn't the hottest, that's a known fact, but 50/2 is weird still. Maybe some sort of router-based eco mode is activated for the PS4 (or the LAN port that it is plugged into)? Check your settings there. You could also try rebuilding the database on your PS4, which fixes most of the issues and also keeps all your data.

I will do that, thank you. Might be weird as well since I live in a student apartment, maybe the internet is shared amongst us poor fellas and heavily affects the upload if someone is downloading or something...

By the way, there's a difference between mbps and mb/s if you guys haven't noticed: https://www.gbmb.org/mbps-to-mbs