Fucking Timezones

• ECL Staff

Alright motherfuckers, if this goes on any longer I'm gonna pop an aneurysm or something. 

TL:DR, stop being pedantic. 

Not summer time:

CET (Central European Time, used by countries such as Sweden, Germany et cetera) = 18:00

EET (Eastern European Time, used by Finland amongst others) = 19:00 (CET + 1, see that fuckin' plus?)

Summer time... lord help me:

CEST (Central European Summer Time, swedes use this currently) = 19:00

EEST (Eastern European Summer Time, finns use this currently) = 20:00

... you see a pattern here bitches? +1 plus one whatever Sweden is.

All of this means that finland is just +1 from your lovely neighbours, so for all intents and purposes cet = cest and eet = eest unless you're the most pedantic fuck alive and you swill around some port in your mansion while reading some random ass broadsheet. 

Hell, if you even look up "Finland timezone" on google, guess what you get? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=finland+timezone&rlz=1C1ASRW_enGB737GB737&oq=finland+timezone&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.2418j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

Fucking Eastern European Timezone. 

Cut the shit, cut the S, in practice it means a same thing unless you have to use a calculator to subtract 1 hour from a clock face because mathematics is too damn difficult, in which case, what the fuck.

-  Signed, The Professor of basic shitstain numeracy 

Edit: Ffs in summer we (UK) go to BST instead of GMT, guess what though? We still call it GMT since EVERY COUNTRY IN EUROPE SYNCS UP WITH THE CLOCKS GOING FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS 

Edited by MartindalexC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Hmm. It's almost starting to make sense, but questions remain. For example, what happens if I schedule some games here in Finland but then go to Sweden to play them? What if I'm in Finland but decide to identify more with the time zone in a place like the United States, which is this big place with multiple time zones whose times are way behind ours? And how can I ever be sure my clocks are accurate, will I need to sync up with opponents using some neutral clock that we all agree on?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minuuttia sitten, MartindalexC kirjoitti:

Hell, if you even look up "Finland timezone" on google, guess what you get? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=finland+timezone&rlz=1C1ASRW_enGB737GB737&oq=finland+timezone&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.2418j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

Fucking Eastern European Timezone. 

I see only UTC+02:00 :/:ph34r:

• Like 1

• ECL Staff
16 minutes ago, Janikka said:

Hmm. It's almost starting to make sense, but questions remain. For example, what happens if I schedule some games here in Finland but then go to Sweden to play them? What if I'm in Finland but decide to identify more with the time zone in a place like the United States, which is this big place with multiple time zones whose times are way behind ours? And how can I ever be sure my clocks are accurate, will I need to sync up with opponents using some neutral clock that we all agree on?

See that's the beauty of it, I personally identify with BST (Bangladesh Standard time), which can make scheduling a little tricky. My secret trick tho is to -6 (Since it's 6 time zones ahead of shitty old Uk time) and then +1 to get cesrzzrt and +2 to get budget soviet time. 

My advice tho is to just identify with apache attack helicopters, much simpler than timezones imo. 

Edited by MartindalexC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MartindalexC said:

Not summer time:

CET (Central European Time, used by countries such as Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, France et cetera) = 18:00

EET (Eastern European Time, used by Finland amongst others) = 19:00 (CET + 1, see that fuckin' plus?)

I didn't add those two countries because I live there, but there are several new guys from these countries.

And also to clearify another time: The default sheduled time is set for CET countries, if you're insecure where you live, look in my quote or in Martindalexc's first post!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Haldeem said:

I didn't add those two countries because I live there, but there are several new guys from these countries.

And also to clearify another time: The default sheduled time is set for CET countries, if you're insecure where you live, look in my quote or in Martindalexc's first post!

I have no Idea if i'm a swede or a fin. Can you help me in private? 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...